GDT: Avalanche vs Flyers 1/20/24 @ 11:00AM MNT

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
My point is we shouldn't use this as an excuse to get dominated by a team like the Flyers. Our roster is shit, I agree with that, but we aren't that injured. We just lack depth.

If you make a list of the most important players to this team right now it would look like this:

1- Mack
2- Makar
3- Rants
4- Toews
5- Nuke
6- Colton
7- Lehky
8- Drouin
9- Girard
10- Byram

We're missing #5, #7 and #10. That's not a team devastated with injuries. That's on par with other teams.
The Flyers are 9th overall in the league and don't have a single injury.

We literally just played them without a 2nd line and top-4 defenseman and won. And you are mad that the Avs weren't controlling play?

Lower your expectations.

I don't care if you put Gretzky, Lemieux, Sakic, Orr, and Lidstrom as the 5 man unit in this game. If the rest of the team looks like the rest of the Avs lineup - especially up front - shit won't look pretty.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The Flyers are 9th overall in the league and don't have a single injury.

We literally just played them without a 2nd line and top-4 defenseman and won. And you are mad that the Avs weren't controlling play?

Lower your expectations.

I don't care if you put Gretzky, Lemieux, Sakic, Orr, and Lidstrom as the 5 man unit in this game. If the rest of the team looks like the rest of the Avs lineup - especially up front - shit won't look pretty.
And let's not forget that the two top-6 Ws that we are missing are also our top-2 defensive forwards and two of our best three forecheckers.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
An actual stat that's surprising and impressive for LOC. He's the Avs +/- leader at +16 so far this year.

He's turning into a legit 3rd line guy. He showed spurts of that ability over short periods the last couple year, but he always ran into the issue of simply not being able to keep his energy up every game as his ice time increased. So far this year he's not having those issues at all.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Someone should do something like this for Rantanen, sounds just like him. Play like absolute garbage but still put up the points

Yes and no. They say Marner is just "fine" most games and they need more.

Rants on the other hand is not "fine", he's constantly making garbage decisions in all 3 zones. That's well below "fine" level. :laugh:

Reactions: cinchronicity

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_7653.jpeg

Not sure if this has been posted.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If Petey ends up on the open market you make that deal TODAY, do whatever it takes.

That said I'm not holding my breath. I think he's trying to make Vancouver sweat to maximize his earnings. He knows he has them by the balls and he's the best player in that franchise's history. He ain't goin' anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00