GDT: Avalanche vs Flyers 1/20/24 @ 11:00AM MNT

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
great. had no idea the game today was this early so I lost Makar 300 points benchmark, Mack 5 point game and my boy LOC hat trick. :banghead:

LOC best #25 in Avs history ainec. :yo:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
All I can say is that I watched Manson stumble all over the ice today and demand that Rantannen immediately stop giving his team mates power skating instruction!

Otherwise, we got a favorable call from the ref late and made the most of it. Nice to see something go the Avs way sometimes.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Snow Arc

Genetically engineered to want to be eaten
Aug 14, 2020
I like art on walls, and train cars
buildingart8.jpg
grafitart.jpg
sa10.jpg
sa11.jpg

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
great. had no idea the game today was this early so I lost Makar 300 points benchmark, Mack 5 point game and my boy LOC hat trick. :banghead:

LOC best #25 in Avs history ainec. :yo:
LOC is surpassing all expectations. Good for him. Good for the team.

But Mike Keene was the best #25 in Avs history.

LOC hopefully uses Keener as a hero to replicate.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The Wood-Colton-O'Connor line was also very good when the team was struggling in November. They play well off each other and will be an X-Factor in the playoffs.

You’re right. But isn’t it also a little concerning that MacFarland will over leverage this line and not do much to add?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You’re right. But isn’t it also a little concerning that MacFarland will over leverage this line and not do much to add?
We still have Lehky and Nuke who will be back at some point so that Colton Wood LOC line will be the 3rd line, all CMac needs to do is get a 2C

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
We still have Lehky and Nuke who will be back at some point so that Colton Wood LOC line will be the 3rd line, all CMac needs to do is get a 2C
And Kovalenko is coming to the team soon. IDK where you put him when everyone is healthy. I don't think you want to break up that Colton line, but you can't justify putting Nuke, Koval, or Lehky on the 4th line either. Probably have to drop LOC down knowing you can move him up if need be.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And Kovalenko is coming to the team soon. IDK where you put him when everyone is healthy. I don't think you want to break up that Colton line, but you can't justify putting Nuke, Koval, or Lehky on the 4th line either. Probably have to drop LOC down knowing you can move him up if need be.
Nuke-MacK-Mikko
Lehky-???-Drouin
Wood-Colton-LOC
Cogs-Olofsson-Kovalenko

Or the talk is maybe Avs need a better 4C as well so we’ll see, but that’s what I’d go with. Also depends what they do with RyJo. Maybe he will be the 4C?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Nuke-MacK-Mikko
Lehky-2C-Drouin
Wood-Colton-LOC
Cogs-Olofsson-Kovalenko

Or the talk is maybe Avs need a better 4C as well so we’ll see, but that’s what I’d go with. Also depends what they do with RyJo. Maybe he will be the 4C?
Olofsson is fine as 4C.

Remember, before injuries hit the line with Cogliano and O'Connor was looking great. Then LOC got moved up and Kiviranta joined. The line was worse but still fine for a 4th line.

Now Olofsson is saddled with MacDermid and Polin.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Olofsson is fine as 4C.

Remember, before injuries hit the line with Cogliano and O'Connor was looking great. Then LOC got moved up and Kiviranta joined. The line was worse but still fine for a 4th line.

Now Olofsson is saddled with MacDermid and Polin.
The big question is what they do with RyJo. They sure can use that 4 mill to get someone better. If they can’t get rid of RyJo, can’t scratch him making that much money. Gotta find a spot for him somehow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad