GDT: Avalanche vs Flyers 1/20/24 @ 11:00AM MNT

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
To be entirely fair to Georgie, he was pretty good outside of that 2nd goal. A low bar I guess but still. He made some good saves, and the 3 other goals were pretty unsaveable.

good first period ending up in an entirely average game from him. He's earned every bit of the nickname 4giev

Reactions: AvStock

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Didn’t realize today was an early game. Cliff notes?
Not great overall play, we can thank Carter Hart for playing his worst game in awhile.

Loc-Colton-Wood were dominant. Too bad we don't have a real 2nd line to put in front of them.

29 dominated per the usual.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Bednar needs to call a timeout when we start giving up goals like that. Good and bad everywhere on to the next one

Reactions: Snow Arc

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
You love seeing that from MacK. As soon as he does the shoulder check to see who else is with him, he turns off the afterburners and lays it up for LOC.

O'Connor is low key becoming one of my favorite Avs. Never quits on a play, works his whole ass off every shift, and does all the dirty jobs that help the team win. Awesome to see him get rewarded for that.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I was wondering if Georgiev is as bad as everyone says. Checked out the stats since I can't watch many games.

#47 in Sv% out of those who've played at least 10 games.
#33 in GAAout of those who've played at least 10 games.

Yikes. He is by far the most played goalie though, so the high workload might be a factor.
It's genuinely sad that CMac and Sac don't come down on Bednar forcing him to play Annunen or Prosvetov more. We absolutely could do that against weaker teams, Annunen played against Ottawa and it worked out fine.

I'm not saying Georgiev is going to get that much better if he gets an easier workload, but sure wouldn't hurt to try. No other goalie has played this much in years.

Reactions: paganini11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad