Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche-rolled or get rolled. 7PM MTN

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Oh god, what a moron. He of all people should know how superstitious hockey players are, especially goalies. They won’t mess with a routine that works for them, especially not so they can be asked the same bullspit questions the reporters lob at them every game. Apparently that means he’s some sort of coward or has mental health issues.

f*** off rishaug why don’t you call out someone that deserves it, like the coach, gm, assistant coaches, or owner?

SourOil

Oct 3, 2008
As bad as all that is, David Staples chiming in to see if there's a way to get Montoya disciplined makes it even worse. Just need Matheson to chime in and we'll have a real Oilers media human centipede going.

I laughed at that too. Staples is brutal.

Reactions: Del Preston

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What the hell is that tweet lmao

Rishaug buttmad that Montoya won't talk to him.

Its pure blatant trolling. Talking about it is giving it what it wants. People don't get Rishaug by now? Obscurity is the only valid response to this. Just stop reading, tweeting, retweeting. Why service him?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
As bad as all that is, David Staples chiming in to see if there's a way to get Montoya disciplined makes it even worse. Just need Matheson to chime in and we'll have a real Oilers media human centipede going.
Haha yeah, I saw that. Unreal.

Our media is a joke.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
fragility? Goes to show that #BellLetsTalk is really #JustTalk

Yep. Many people take this day that’s supposed to raise awareness, to try and look high and mighty, only to be just as insensitive as they always are immediately after.

This coming from a guy who reached out to many of these “bell let’s talk” people on Facebook when I needed some help in my younger days and got responded to with “seen” messages and no responses.

Sorry I rambled, but rishaug is just another tool that doesn’t deserve the time these players give him.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Terry Jones, in the same market used to write complete articles about what a rat bastard Glenn Anderson is because he won't talk to the same media calling him the ungrateful scum of the earth..

Again the best response to idiots like this that demand attention is to shut the lights off. What would it do if just everybody stopped reading Rishaug, stopped responding to his tweets. just stop.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I never did beat Punch-Out. Stupid Great Tiger.

Second Bald Bull always kicked my ass. Same with second Don Flamenco and Super Macho Man. Rarely ever got to fight Mike Tyson.
Hate to say it, but we're the Piston Honda of the NHL. Instant knockdown or KO, just need to know our weakness. Jam our d-man at your blue line and start an odd-man rush. Or dump it in on Klefbom/Russell/Benning's side. KO.

I should buy that game again... as a kid I lost to 2nd vodka drunkinsky probably a thousand times. Lol.

Such a good game.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Hey Ryan, it turns out Al is now willing to talk, he was just trying to lock down the right location. If you’ll just meet him in the middle lane of highway 2, he’ll be right there, just head down early for sound check.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Is there a single Oilers MSM guy that isn't a complete asshat? I'm glad local bloggers and The Athletic are putting them out of business.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I think one team has made the playoffs with fewer than 94 points in the last four years. Both wild card spots are occupied by Central teams on pace for 94+ points. I don't think there's any scenario where 91 points gets you in. But then, I don't think there's any way the Oilers end up with 91 points anyway.

Two teams in the last five years have made it with 91 pts or less.

They'd have to beat MIN twice and COL trice, that could put them in contention for the last wildcard spot. And obviously keep beating up Pacific, which is not a given. So yeah they have their work cut out.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I think that Lundqvist also does not speak on game days, or at the very least (and this I am sure of), he really does not want to speak to anyone on gameday. Apparently he went off at a Swedish reporter who tried to talk to him before a game, after that at least Swe reporters don't try it anymore.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Man, if only McLellan had any stones to stand up for his players this would be the time.

Leave the guy alone. What the hell does it matter? Go bug someone else. What kind of earth shattering quote are going to get from Montoya?

"Uh yeah Colorado is above us in the standings..uh Landeskog...uh.. 2 points....crunch time..."

They're too scared to ask the coaches or managers any real questions, yet they pout when the friggin backup goalie won't give them a bullshit sound bite on a game day.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Man, if only McLellan had any stones to stand up for his players this would be the time.

Leave the guy alone. What the hell does it matter? Go bug someone else. What kind of earth shattering quote are going to get from Montoya?

"Uh yeah Colorado is above us in the standings..uh Landeskog...uh.. 2 points....crunch time..."

They're too scared to ask the coaches or managers any real questions, yet they pout when the friggin backup goalie won't give them a bull**** sound bite on a game day.

Todd already knows he's tap dancing with getting fired. The media getting on him is the last thing he needs.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Todd already knows he's tap dancing with getting fired. The media getting on him is the last thing he needs.

At this point, whether it's the media or the fail that is this season, I'm sure the players are questioning him too. He should've been fired months ago while we still had a chance. He hasn't really altered his strategy at all and continues to do stupid things. Be gone!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad