Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche-rolled or get rolled. 7PM MTN

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
if this season has taught us anything at all, it is that the oilers will lose this game miserably.

Reactions: MisterD

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I must be crazy like a fox because I don't mind those lines at all. I would think the 3rd line will get more ice time than the second line.

No Mackinnon either for the Avs so thats a benefit to the Oilers, if they take advantage of it.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
McDavid-Drai is Tmac's safety blanket.

Cammalleri-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-Khaira-Puljujarvi
Maroon-Strome-Caggiula
Slepyshev-Letestu-Pakarinen

Just a disgusting lack of talent here.

A bit of shuffling and the lines aren't that bad.

Maroon - McDavid - Puljujaarvi
Lucic - Draisaitl - Khaira
Cammalleri - Strome - Caggiula

It's a decent NHL lineup that's still very top heavy.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Lucic-Drai-Slep (this line was good before the injury to Slep) but leave it to Mclellan to completely ignore that and have Camm or Cagguila in the top 6 instead of Slep.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers should be able to win this game. Av's are over their outlier streak and have looked, well, not too good the last couple of games. They looked like dogshit against the Nucks and weren't even in the game against the Blues.

AV's just seem like the type of club the Oilers are able to beat. Don't think too much of the AV's own zone play or ability to shut it down. Av's seem to win games by outscoring the opposition but in the absence of Mckinnon that is harder.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
McDavid-Drai is Tmac's safety blanket.

Cammalleri-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-Khaira-Puljujarvi
Maroon-Strome-Caggiula

Just a disgusting lack of talent here.

Call me crazy but IMO the bolded line just might work.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
A bit of shuffling and the lines aren't that bad.

Maroon - McDavid - Puljujaarvi
Lucic - Draisaitl - Khaira
Cammalleri - Strome - Caggiula

It's a decent NHL lineup that's still very top heavy.

200.gif

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
If the nucks can beat them with Mckinnon, then should we have a outside chance to beat them without their star player! Hmm !

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Mclellan is daring Chiarelli to fire him.

its been my theory for awhile.
McLellan will never quit or walk away. Theres money on the table. if he gets canned he still gets paid. I think its got to that point for him. We've all wondered too if something is wrong with him medically. I harbor no ill feelings whatsoever. He's taken the club as far as he can and knows it. Its downhill from here. Coaching gets tuned out.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
It's clear from the data this season that the Oilers have a serious focus issue at home games. Probably something new compared to last year so it's not Roger's place necessarily

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Mclellan is daring Chiarelli to fire him.

I donno. I think if it's a message to Chiarelli it's more along the lines of

"This is the shit you've given me to work with"

I did think the Lucic-Khaira-Pulju line was good in the Calgary game though. Khaira has played center at every level. Makes sense he'd eventually get tried there at the NHL level. Calgary couldn't handle their size down low in the 3rd period of that Calgary game at all.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I donno. I think if it's a message to Chiarelli it's more along the lines of

"This is the **** you've given me to work with"

I did think the Lucic-Khaira-Pulju line was good in the Calgary game though. Khaira has played center at every level. Makes sense he'd eventually get tried there at the NHL level. Calgary couldn't handle their size down low in the 3rd period of that Calgary game at all.

I don't think Lucic has looked good in one game all year. Khaira is still figuring out being a winger in the NHL and looks lost every other game. He's ready to center two out of three of our legit wingers now? That configuration should last for 1 shift.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
He said we're making the playoffs.

Is he on crack? We'd need to win 28 of our last 33 to make 103 points. If they can do it they'd have a pretty good shot at the cup. Maybe Talbot knows that theres an impact dman on the way? Only way I can see them getting remotely close to 25-28 wins out of 33.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: