Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche-rolled or get rolled. 7PM MTN

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
This is a very curious game. This is the game that will leave the stamp on the rest of the season. Which team will we witness tomorrow? The lazy disinterested one or the try hard one? Will the Oilers relent or will they be relentless?

If it is the latter it will give everyone a chance to truly evaluate this team, and give a faint (3%) ray of hope. If it's the former then the Oilers have some very serious issues going forward, if they don't already.

Here's hoping for a hard fought win!

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
This team needs a big 7-1 win to get any confidence in this season going forward for me. Oilers pretty much have to run the table against our own division the rest of the way. That's such a daunting task.

Here's too hoping for a 3 goal 2 assist performance by McDavid. :thumbu:

Go :edmonton GO

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Honestly I don't think it matters which team shows up tomorrow... Not so much from the "the season is lost pov" but rather because this team has shown throughout the entire year that they're nothing but inconsistent.

I dont think you'll see a streak from this team (positive or negative); rather they'll continue to jog along just behind the pack, occasionally tripping over their feet... I'm expecting them to continue their "5-4-1" pace (more or less what they've done for the last 2 months) to run out the season.

Reactions: CHIRAQREPDAT

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Honestly I don't think it matters which team shows up tomorrow... Not so much from the "the season is lost pov" but rather because this team has shown throughout the entire year that they're nothing but inconsistent.

I dont think you'll see a streak from this team (positive or negative); rather they'll continue to jog along just behind the pack, occasionally tripping over their feet... I'm expecting them to continue their "5-4-1" pace (more or less what they've done for the last 2 months) to run out the season.

If they play a lethargic game it is definitely a big warning sign. No more illness. No more excuses. Lots of rest. If they crap the bed then it's a signal of things to come and big heart changes need to be made.

Reactions: McNuge

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I know one thing for SURE,

im playing yakupov in fan duel

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
No MacKinnon is a huge break. Monster season he's having.
Hope we can take advantage. Could be something really special if we pull this off in the final 33.

Not realistic, but doggone it I'm hoping for it anyways.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Inconsistent efforts, 8 goals allowed on the first shot of the game, team coming out like they aren't ready to play, terrible special teams. All those point to coaching. That's what has sunk our season.

Reactions: Supermassive

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This is a very curious game. This is the game that will leave the stamp on the rest of the season. Which team will we witness tomorrow? The lazy disinterested one or the try hard one? Will the Oilers relent or will they be relentless?

If it is the latter it will give everyone a chance to truly evaluate this team, and give a faint (3%) ray of hope. If it's the former then the Oilers have some very serious issues going forward, if they don't already.

Here's hoping for a hard fought win!
People have been saying the "this game will decide the season" or stuff like that all year. The season is over. 100% done.

What we will see now is if the coaching staff is actually able to figure out how to get this team playing again (they won't) or if this team will continue to be a massive disappointment. All we can do now is play spoiler for other teams.

For long term success losing a bunch at the end here might be better for a better draft pick but I will never want the team to lose.

That said, we are coming out of a long break and are against a team down their star player. 6-2 Colorado, Talbot allows goal 1 within 3 minutes on the first shot against.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
If we could just use our remaining divisional games to screw the Ducks and Flames out of a playoff spot I would be good with that.

Or just win 20 games in a row. That would be cool too.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If we could just use our remaining divisional games to screw the Ducks and Flames out of a playoff spot I would be good with that.

Or just win 20 games in a row. That would be cool too.
I would be fine with us dominating the Pacific and rolling over to the Central. Let those wildcard spots be for the central and bring the rest of the pacific down with us.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Man it would be so sweet for Oilers to miraculously make the playoffs and then take out the Golden Knights in the first round. Imagine the Edmontonians making the treks to Vegas. Losing 7 of 8 after Christmas was such a punch in the gut.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I don't even care anymore.. guess I'm a **** fan

I rarely watch a full game anymore.
People have been saying the "this game will decide the season" or stuff like that all year. The season is over. 100% done.

What we will see now is if the coaching staff is actually able to figure out how to get this team playing again (they won't) or if this team will continue to be a massive disappointment. All we can do now is play spoiler for other teams.

For long term success losing a bunch at the end here might be better for a better draft pick but I will never want the team to lose.

That said, we are coming out of a long break and are against a team down their star player. 6-2 Colorado, Talbot allows goal 1 within 3 minutes on the first shot against.

The season is actually 97% done. ;)

Losing won't help this team anymore.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No MacKinnon for the Avs.

No Larsson for us, Talbot doubtful (illness).

Cammalleri and Draisaitl skating with Connor in practice.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Fact that MacKinnon isnt playing probably means the team will lose lol. Before the news the players are probably thinking, man Colorados been good lately, we better step up our game. Now its like, well MacKinnon isnt playing so we probably wont have to try as hard, should be an easy win for us lol.

Who knows with this team. They have shown the ability to beat good teams. I would say they have a harder time with weaker teams. As many others have said, this team is consistently inconsistently. As someone else mentioned, I imagine they will plug away at 5-4-1 or 6-4 for the remainder of the season. Will finish 10th from the bottom.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
No MacKinnon for the Avs.

No Larsson for us, Talbot doubtful (illness).

Cammalleri and Draisaitl skating with Connor in practice.

It'd be nice to see McDavid, Drai and Pulju together sometimes. After all, maybe except for the last few games Jesse and McDavid did fine together most of the time and I think this line could be very good.

When you leave out the players with just a few games I'm pretty sure Pulju was in top10 or at least top20 in scoring while he played with McD, so I hope he'll get another look one day. Him and Drai also showed promising chemistry so I'd be nice to see more of that, too. At least try the three together at the end of games if needed.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It'd be nice to see McDavid, Drai and Pulju together sometimes. After all, maybe except for the last few games Jesse and McDavid did fine together most of the time and I think this line could be very good.

When you leave out the players with just a few games I'm pretty sure Pulju was in top10 or at least top20 in scoring while he played with McD, so I hope he'll get another look one day. Him and Drai also showed promising chemistry so I'd be nice to see more of that, too. At least try the three together at the end of games if needed.
Yeah, I think this is the way to look at that. We can't really afford to stack the top line so I'd be shocked to see Leon stick to McDavid the entire game.

Apparently Juj was getting looks at C as well.

Reactions: GameChanger

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
McDavid-Drai is Tmac's safety blanket.

Cammalleri-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-Khaira-Puljujarvi
Maroon-Strome-Caggiula
Slepyshev-Letestu-Pakarinen

Just a disgusting lack of talent here.

Reactions: Staghorn

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
McDavid-Drai is Tmac's safety blanket.

Cammalleri-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-Khaira-Puljujarvi
Maroon-Strome-Caggiula
Slepyshev-Letestu-Pakarinen

Just a disgusting lack of talent here.

What in the f*** is Cammaleri doing with McDavid? And we lose RNH so the first thing they do is move Draisaitl to the wing? There’s so many of these guys playing over their heads in this lineup it’s ridiculous...

Reactions: Staghorn

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
What in the **** is Cammaleri doing with McDavid? And we lose RNH so the first thing they do is move Draisaitl to the wing? There’s so many of these guys playing over their heads in this lineup it’s ridiculous...

I think it's probably a good idea to get used to seeing what this team looks like without RNH.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Season is over. Brutal effort since day 1 this year sealed it. Talbot can say all the positives he wants as he’s basically suppposed to, but it’s over and he knows it.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I think it's probably a good idea to get used to seeing what this team looks like without RNH.

If they want to keep moving Draisaitl from C to W they need to hang onto RNH...but i get what you’re saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00