GDT: Avalanche-Penguins 7:30PM MDT: Changing of the Guard?

Over or under: Top line 1.5 goals

• Total voters

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Which guy hits 50 first?? Can they do it in 30 games? I have a feeling they can. St Louis and Detroit coming up

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
What's rather funny is that, after all the missed calls on Rantanen and MacK all night long, the one missed call on Landy at the end is going to let Pens fans in a tiff and they'll use that as an excuse. I expect their board will be filled with complaints about the refs.

As mentioned, was watching in particular all the extracurricular Crosby stuff throughout the game and.. welp... boo friggin' hoo Sid. Mr. Letang. The universe has a way of evening things out eventually.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
I love reading the Penguins board. Posters ignores the two fluky goals they scored, the million hooks/holds on Mack/Rants, and getting dominated by 40 minutes. Ends up complaining about the lucky goal Landy scored and calls the game 'frustrating' :laugh:.

Pittsburgh didn't deserve to be in that game, fitting score for how that game played out. Crosby willed that team to a tie and they showed up for the last period, sorry but you don't deserve a point when you got shat on for the first 40 minutes and your comeback came from a broken stick.

Best analysis thus far. Well said. Especially hooks and holds... funny how Pens fans miss those.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Only caught he last 5-10minutes of the game, but anyone saying Avs only got one call is wrong. There was a delayed penalty on the Jost setup goal.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
This team makes me bipolar.

If we lost this I'd be so annoyed. But we won so everything is okay.

That’s the luxury we have as fans, but the reality for the coaching staff is not everything tonight was okay. A 3 goal lead has to be maintained, just can’t allow a natural hat trick to occur. Needed adjustments, and they will know this when they head into the office tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Avs44

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It was a nice win for sure. But I can't look past how uncomfortable I am with Grubauer in the net. Another game with a sub. 900 save percentage, where his team bails him out with 6 goals scored. I will give credit that he made the saves at the end when he needed to, but he has to be better.

I never feel uncomfortable with Varly in the net, he might not win every game but I know I'm going to get a quality effort. But I'm on pins and needles watching Grubauer eek one out after giving up one or two weak ones every night. I was just expecting much more from him than what we've gotten so far. I know people will say look at his record, and to that I say at some point his record will start to come back to what his numbers are as we aren't going to be able to bail him out offensively every time he starts. Very disappointed in him up to this point.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
That’s the luxury we have as fans, but the reality for the coaching staff is not everything tonight was okay. A 3 goal lead has to be maintained, just can’t allow a natural hat trick to occur. Needed adjustments, and they will know this when they head into the office tomorrow morning.

For sure. Which is a good thing I'm no coach.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
There was a delayed penalty on the Jost setup goal.

K0M55Wc.gif

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
I bet nobody expected us to be where we are right now. I'm calling it now folks...contenders in a couple years. With Makar, Kaut, and Timmins (hopefully) on the way, the future is looking mighty bright.

Imagine Nemeth and barbs being replaced with Makar and Timmins...woahhhhh.

and with us having Ottawa's Number 1 pick this year? Things couldn't be looking better for our future right now

Just need a couple of high scoring wingers and we are in the MONEY

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
It was a nice win for sure. But I can't look past how uncomfortable I am with Grubauer in the net. Another game with a sub. 900 save percentage, where his team bails him out with 6 goals scored. I will give credit that he made the saves at the end when he needed to, but he has to be better.

I never feel uncomfortable with Varly in the net, he might not win every game but I know I'm going to get a quality effort. But I'm on pins and needles watching Grubauer eek one out after giving up one or two weak ones every night. I was just expecting much more from him than what we've gotten so far. I know people will say look at his record, and to that I say at some point his record will start to come back to what his numbers are as we aren't going to be able to bail him out offensively every time he starts. Very disappointed in him up to this point.
I feel the same way. Grubs hasn’t won me over yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad