GDT: Avalanche @ Maple Leafs 03/15/23 5:00PM Mountain time (Emergency GDT)

Best Italian Pasta?

• Spaghetti

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Ziti

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Lasagna

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Gnocchi

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Risotto

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Ravioli

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Linguine

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Minestrone

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I CANNOT believe eRod went out in the first 3some. Please, someone tell me I am thinking about this incorrectly.

Bednars attempt at a confidence builder.

Not the best time for it. Every Rodriguez shot is center mass in a bad way. It's like he has such little confidence, he just shoots at the sternum and hopes.

Reactions: drhiii

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
I CANNOT believe eRod went out in the first 3some. Please, someone tell me I am thinking about this incorrectly.
Most everyone here disliked the decision, you are not alone . The problem with Erod is he always does a little drag release when he shoots , even in a shootout with no defender… just gotta snap it home sometimes, quick release.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Wow… Newhook is really in Bednar’s doghouse. Missing two top-6 forwards and he only played 8:45.

That’s says a lot to me. I don’t think he trusts him at all.
I don't think it's about trust. I think it's about effectiveness. Right now Alex Newhook is an ineffective hockey player, so he's stapled to the 4th line.

When you are getting outplayed by f***ing Malgin on a nightly basis, you don't deserve more minutes.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I think the game was a snoozer because they way the Avs were defending. The completely shut down the Leafs after the goal.

With Eller, I think he can be fine but I think its going to take Lando and Lehk to be back and give him a bit more help.

Lehk-Mack-Mikko
Lando-JTC-Nuke
Nieto/Hook-Eller-ERod
Cogs-Malgin/Helm-LOC

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Really low IQ plays by Nuke in that OT.

Also, Bednar's "prove to me coaching style" is hilarious. Like Galchenyuk will ever succeed in a random 8 minutes a night fourth-line role.
Everyone made low IQ plays in the OT. Toews, Nuke, Mackinnon. I saw one smart play from Mikko when he shot the puck back into his end to keep possession lol

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lasagna all the way.

Spaghetti is just annoying to eat. I don’t want to be spinning my damn fork for 30 mins.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Random thoughts:

-G once again was very very good. He looks like the Girard of old out there the last 6 weeks or so. Very happy to have him back.

-Eller the last couple games looks a lot better than he did the first few games. Hes skating and making some good little plays here and there. Also the dude is strong.

Erod complete shit again tonight. Lost his man on the Reilly goal, stupid penalties and just brain dead plays all over the ice. Also takes an eternity to shoot the puck right now.

-Frail Cale and Devon were very good tonight. Bo was a bit sloppy tonight I thought.

-OT was bad from both teams. Both teams looked exhausted.

-Avs took it to the Leafs for large parts of the game. I know it's just one regular season game but if that's the best the Leafs have they're gonna lose to Tampa imo.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Bednars attempt at a confidence builder.

Not the best time for it. Every Rodriguez shot is center mass in a bad way. It's like he has such little confidence, he just shoots at the sternum and hopes.
That's what I thought too. Confidence builder. And agree, wrong time. Am just peeved at many things... and this is an open wound metaphor that has been going on imnsho, too long.

Agree about his shot too.

Most everyone here disliked the decision, you are not alone . The problem with Erod is he always does a little drag release when he shoots , even in a shootout with no defender… just gotta snap it home sometimes, quick release.
Yas, agree. That little drag has become beyond irksome.. echoes of Burakovsky, without the abilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad