GDT: Avalanche @ Maple Leafs 03/15/23 5:00PM Mountain time (Emergency GDT)

Best Italian Pasta?

• Spaghetti

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Ziti

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Lasagna

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Gnocchi

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Risotto

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Ravioli

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Linguine

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Minestrone

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
This game was only painful if you're a Leafs fan (hello Steve D.).

For us Avs fans it was a delight!

You really enjoyed watching that game? I mean, I enjoyed the outcome of the game very much but that is it. We didnt scored a goal in 65 minutes of play (except that lucky bounce) and we had like 6 powerplays. I was anxiously expecting a goal against late in the game or in overtime. And my god, did we played a stupid overtime but Leafs were even worse. Positives of the game besides winning are good defensive play and great team stamina.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
You really enjoyed watching that game? I mean, I enjoyed the outcome of the game very much but that is it. We didnt scored a goal in 65 minutes of play (except that lucky bounce) and we had like 6 powerplays. I was anxiously expecting a goal against late in the game or in overtime. And my god, did we played a stupid overtime but Leafs were even worse. Positives of the game besides winning are good defensive play and great team stamina.
I enjoyed the game because we didn't allow the Leafs almost anything 5on5. From a defensive standpoint it was a clinic. That's playoff hockey, and that's fun to watch. It's simply great to see that we are already in playoff mode, because we kind of have to.

Sure, an 8:4 is more entertaining for some, but last nights game was also a lot of fun. At least for me it was.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
I enjoyed the game because we didn't allow the Leafs almost anything 5on5. From a defensive standpoint it was a clinic. That's playoff hockey, and that's fun to watch. It's simply great to see that we are already in playoff mode, because we kind of have to.

Sure, an 8:4 is more entertaining for some, but last nights game was also a lot of fun. At least for me it was.

Defensive game was nice, but we are not going anywhere without scoring some goals. But it was expected after 8 goal blowout to have low scoring game.

Actually Montreal game to me wasnt really entertaining because we won the game in first 20 min.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
This game was only painful if you're a Leafs fan (hello Steve D.).

For us Avs fans it was a delight!
This!
I was truly satisfied with the performance. Was sort of play-off game, against supposedly good team, one of the contenders, who were missing only O´Money, while we were short of Landeskog, Lehkonen, Manson, Johnson and Helm (and whoever else i forgot about)...and IMO we were still outplaying them, for the most part, held them to less than 20 shots and obviously won the game (deservedly).

If we can get our players back for play-offs, assuming we can keep up playing like this, we will still be a team to beat.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I want Erod demoted as much as anyone else, but the options are so limited right now.

Pretty much everyone in the bottom-6 is a 4th line player right now. Maybe Newhook, OC, or Eller could be considered 3rd liners when playing well, but without Landeskog and Lehkonen I don’t know who they elevate from that bottom-6.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Good game, stole 2 points from a game that was a low chance of winning. Toronto is a damn good home team so it's nice to walk away with 2 points.

Only comment would really be if ERod is going to get the chance on line 1, you'd better cash in on and off those point blank chances 29 and 96 are putting on your stick. Can't afford for someone to be wide open, point blank 4-5 times in the game and not score once. If he can't crack it then try someone else. At this point as to not disturb the other lines, since they seem ok right now, I'd even give Galchenyuk a look with 29 and 96 he used to be able to bury the puck and did fine in the AHL can't be any worse than watching ERod blow chance after chance.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I want Erod demoted as much as anyone else, but the options are so limited right now.

Pretty much everyone in the bottom-6 is a 4th line player right now. Maybe Newhook, OC, or Eller could be considered 3rd liners when playing well, but without Landeskog and Lehkonen I don’t know who they elevate from that bottom-6.
I'd honestly let Galchenyuk play with 29 and 96. Don't mess the other lines up.

He played fine in the AHL, and can't be any worse the ERod at the moment.

The other option is to ride out ERod's garbage and hope he finds his scoring touch again.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This game was painful to watch. It felt like all the skill in the game disappeared for both teams. We only won because Toronto was even worse than we were. Erod deserved to be benched this game, and I can't pick any player that had a good game tonight except for Toews, Georgiev, and Girard. Mackinnon was absolutely brain-dead the whole game and cost us a goal. Makar and Rantanen didn't want to take the initiative, and Byram played with absolutely zero swagger. But hey, we won, yay!
I actually thought the Avs played a pretty good game, they held an elite offensive club to under 20 shots. It’s unfortunate they were just snake bitten at the other end of the ice but it wasn’t for lack of trying (though I did not like the execution on the power play). It wasn’t pretty, but it was effective.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I'd honestly let Galchenyuk play with 29 and 96. Don't mess the other lines up.

He played fine in the AHL, and can't be any worse the ERod at the moment.

The other option is to ride out ERod's garbage and hope he finds his scoring touch again.

Ya touch choice either way because ERod is not the type who can produce in a lower role. We might have to just ride it out and play good defensively.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Remember when we would get mad cause the Avs couldn’t make adjustments? Now some are upset because they had to play a “boring” game to beat an offensive team that we currently don’t have the guns to match? Lol

I was critical of their offensive performance because they failed to score any goals during the entire regular game and overtime. We were only one well-placed shot away from losing, and if that had happened, the majority of people here would shit on the Avs performance.

Reactions: Azrael89

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Yeah ERod is at least generating chances which is more than you can say about a lot of players. But yeah, he needs to start scoring on them.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I was critical of their offensive performance because they failed to score any goals during the entire regular game and overtime. We were only one well-placed shot away from losing, and if that had happened, the majority of people here would shit on the Avs performance.
That's what happens when you have shitty depth and shit loads of injuries.

The only way this team will have success is if George goes all world and 29, 96 and 8 all start popping off at the right time.

If all these things don't happen we are not going to go far.

Last night we got solid/timely goaltending and our goal was produced by 29, 8, and 96. That's pretty much our formula.

Yeah ERod is at least generating chances which is more than you can say about a lot of players. But yeah, he needs to start scoring on them.
He's not generating them, 29 and 96 are feeding him bunnies and he is squandering them. Put someone there that will score some of these grade A chances.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
I actually thought the Avs played a pretty good game, they held an elite offensive club to under 20 shots. It’s unfortunate they were just snake bitten at the other end of the ice but it wasn’t for lack of trying (though I did not like the execution on the power play). It wasn’t pretty, but it was effective.
It is not as we had 50 shots ourselves. We outplayed them, but they still played good on defence at very least, lot of blocked shots and their keeper did not make any mistakes either. It was a close game, we were better team who deserved to win it, but with worse puck luck (which could easily happen) or Georgiev not being on top of his game, the score could have easily gone the other way. Despite all our effort. That said, with Landeskog and Lehkonen, 2 more goalscorers, more than one of our shots could have ended up in goal.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

I rather watch Avs play well then play crappy defense and pray they outscore their opponent.(which some people see as fun)

It was a bit like playoff hockey. Good practice.

Not that I want to see game like that every game.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Newhook is on his way to being healthy scratched in the playoffs if this team is ever fully healthy (LOL!) He might even be 14th on the depth chart in that unlikely scenario.

Reactions: dahrougem2

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So by that same token, were we only one well-placed shot away from winning in regulation?

It can't be just one way. The Avs had more shots, scoring chances and high danger chances than the Leafs last night and won the special teams battle. They controlled the game from start to finish even after going down 1-0.

Last night was a clinic on playoff hockey.
That's what happens when you have shitty depth and shit loads of injuries.

The only way this team will have success is if George goes all world and 29, 96 and 8 all start popping off at the right time.

If all these things don't happen we are not going to go far.

Last night we got solid/timely goaltending and our goal was produced by 29, 8, and 96. That's pretty much our formula.
That's a bit disingenuous to the rest of the players who busted their asses last night checking the Leafs and helping hold them to under 20 shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad