Avalanche Jersey Pickups

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
Bj4OGHVCMAAOuX_.jpg

Here's my newest jersey. It's Blue Tiger Athletic. Anybody know anything about this company.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They make 2.0 jerseys. That's what the players wear. The indo-edge is a joke. Reebok calls it authentic, but it's not close to what the players wear. There's people on ebay selling 2.0, but with the trademark and if you want to customize it with a newer player you need the wordmark (dutch and stazz are ok to have a trademark jersey) so the only way is to buy a gamer or to buy a team issued and strip it then customize it. I have 5 team issued jerseys that took awhile to strip and get all of the heat pressed glue off of a couple of them (acetone used in removal process), but they are now perfect blanks.

Hollywood would say the same thing.

That I would. I had a burgundy, white, and blue GI that I bought from Meigray stripped and for the most part the numbers came off 100% clean after a little work.

Other teams are starting to have 2.0's retailed but the Avs are not one of them yet.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I went to buy an away landeskog jersey from altitude authentics, but unfortunately, they did not carry my size. Would the jersey that I would have bought been a 1.0, 2.0, or indo-edge?

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I went to buy an away landeskog jersey from altitude authentics, but unfortunately, they did not carry my size. Would the jersey that I would have bought been a 1.0, 2.0, or indo-edge?

They would carry the indo-edge if they are selling it as an "authentic" jersey.

And Hollywood is lucky that his jerseys stripped clean easily. Two out of the five game issued jerseys that I bought had a ton of glue residue and had to send it off to one of the pros on ice jersey forums. In the end it's worth it if you want what is worn on the ice. The quality is just that much better between the 2.0 and indo-edge.

Word is that avs 2.0 jerseys with the wordmark should be available next year according to one of ebays biggest edge 2.0 jersey sellers that absolutely jacks up prices because he knows how hard it is to get any 2.0 jerseys. Hopefully all major jersey outlets will carry them without the extra hike in cost just because 2.0 are hard to find.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

And Hollywood is lucky that his jerseys stripped clean easily. Two out of the five game issued jerseys that I bought had a ton of glue residue and had to send it off to one of the pros on ice jersey forums.

Oh yeah, I didn't personally do mine. I had Mike (Brilliant!) strip them. I would never try to do them myself.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Oh yeah, I didn't personally do mine. I had Mike (Brilliant!) strip them. I would never try to do them myself.

I had mike strip a couple of them, but he refused to do the acetone stripping so I had two choices. Find someone else or send it to EPS, but EPS requires customization through them so I found a guy that has a lot of experience stripping edge jerseys to do it. It took awhile, but I told him not to rush it and do it when he had time to do a good job on it and it came out great. He wasn't sure because he was used to stripping flyers game issued jerseys for himself and his friends, but I figured edge is edge and he did a good job. I think his name on ij is dsl135.

McDooRoo

Feb 24, 2013
Wyoming
I was wondering where is the best place to get a Landy jersey with the rut tags and all that?

Landy is my 9 yr old's favorite player and he really wants a jersey, but I don't want to get him some junk jersey.

Thanks

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

And Hollywood is lucky that his jerseys stripped clean easily. Two out of the five game issued jerseys that I bought had a ton of glue residue and had to send it off to one of the pros on ice jersey forums. In the end it's worth it if you want what is worn on the ice. The quality is just that much better between the 2.0 and indo-edge.

Word is that avs 2.0 jerseys with the wordmark should be available next year according to one of ebays biggest edge 2.0 jersey sellers that absolutely jacks up prices because he knows how hard it is to get any 2.0 jerseys. Hopefully all major jersey outlets will carry them without the extra hike in cost just because 2.0 are hard to find.

Glad they didn't carry my size then.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Alright, I'm getting a little confused about this whole edge 1.0, 2.0, and indo. If there's an FAQ somewhere, please let me know. My last jersey purchase was an edge 1.0 a few years back when that's all there was. It's a great jersey, 100x better than my premiers. They got me. I see what I was missing. No more cheap jerseys. Now I'm trying to get another, and it's gotten a lot more complicated.

-Did the avs make the switch to 2.0 before the 11-12 season?
-is the only visible difference the reebok logo on the neck?
-Is there any reason not to get another 1.0 and just ship it to ice jerseys for customization?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
From what I understand is the Edge 2.0 is a new way to reintroduce an actual authentic back into the market? But it's not full retail yet so they are hard to find? Do I have that right?

Basically the deal is this, the first year Reebok redesigned the jerseys (which was what, 09) they sold Edge 1.0 which was pretty close to authentic (though you still can't get 100% true authentic without having Denver Athletic do the numbers) but the Edge 1.0s were noticeably better than the replicas. Then Reebok decided to get cute and sell the Indos off as "authentic" even though they are not even close. It's not worth the money at all to buy those and how the hell they get by labeling those as authentic is beyond me. The Indos even have some heat pressed patches, don't they?

So basically having true authentic jerseys has become something only collectors would bother with having to buy game worn jerseys and have them stripped and customized to approach real authentic status. This isn't for the casual jersey fan or someone who just wants a decent jersey. So maybe selling the 2.0s in the future will accomplish that but that's not where we are.

So my advice is just buy a nice replica right now. Buying an "authentic" is nothing but a waste of money. Pepsi Center or Ice Jerseys or Cool Jerseys sell nice replicas. DO NOT buy from NHL.com, they don't even sell proper replicas. My MacKinnon is from Cool Jerseys, it's a replica but it's very nicely done. I'll buy an authentic when they actually sell some semblance of them at retail.

Did I horribly botch that narrative?

I do have a question. I've been noticing a ton of awful knock off jerseys at games. Many of them are the Blueberries. The name plate is much further down the back than it should be, the letter font is wrong and the number font looks more bubbly than it should be. Where the hell are these coming from? Are these the nhl.com disasters or are people buying them from some rip off store? I see a ton of them for it to just be one person going to a known cheap dealer.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I'd imagine all the knockoff Blueberries are from eBay or other cheap online sites. I've seen them too, they truly are atrocious.

Here's a question I have. I own an authentic Stastny Blueberry I got as a Christmas present. My brother said it came from Pepsi Center (only reason he told me was the incredible story behind obtaining it) but it has "Made in Canada" on the tag. I got it the year the blueberries were introduced. If this isn't an indo jersey...what is it...a 1.0?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Alright, I'm getting a little confused about this whole edge 1.0, 2.0, and indo. If there's an FAQ somewhere, please let me know. My last jersey purchase was an edge 1.0 a few years back when that's all there was. It's a great jersey, 100x better than my premiers. They got me. I see what I was missing. No more cheap jerseys. Now I'm trying to get another, and it's gotten a lot more complicated.

-Did the avs make the switch to 2.0 before the 11-12 season?
-is the only visible difference the reebok logo on the neck?
-Is there any reason not to get another 1.0 and just ship it to ice jerseys for customization?

I am typing this response before I read tigers response so we might be saying the same thing.

The Indo-Edge was introduced in the 2011-12 (maybe 12-13) season as the retail "authentic." However, the players on the ice have never worn a jersey made in Indonesia on the ice and the materials are less than impressive. Reebok did this in an attempt to cut costs as producing jerseys in Canada is much more expensive.

The Avalanche have been wearing 2.0's on ice since 2008-09, much like the majority of the other teams in the league. They wore the 1.0's for a short period because the players hated it.

2.0's can be found with the wordmark and the vector logo. Also, the materials are 100% different between the 1.0 and 2.0. The majority of the body on the 2.0's is Air-Knit (Think Pre-Edge jerseys), while the back is the Edge material.

If having a vector logo instead of a wordmark is fine with you than their is not reason not to. I'd send your jerseys to Denver Athletic if you can though. They do the on ice jerseys.

From what I understand is the Edge 2.0 is a new way to reintroduce an actual authentic back into the market? But it's not full retail yet so they are hard to find? Do I have that right?

Currently the only way to get an Avalanche 2.0 is to find a Game Issued (Name/Number) or Team Issued (blank) jersey. Other teams (Pitt, Chicago, NYR...etc) have 2.0's available at retail, which we can expect the Avs will probably have 2.0's available next year. However, the price is steep on the retail jerseys. It's honestly probably cheaper to strip a GI.

Basically the deal is this, the first year Reebok redesigned the jerseys (which was what, 09) they sold Edge 1.0 which was pretty close to authentic (though you still can't get 100% true authentic without having Denver Athletic do the numbers) but the Edge 1.0s were noticeably better than the replicas. Then Reebok decided to get cute and sell the Indos off as "authentic" even though they are not even close. It's not worth the money at all to buy those and how the hell they get by labeling those as authentic is beyond me. The Indos even have some heat pressed patches, don't they?

When the 1.0's were introduced they WERE the on ice product. After a year they switched to 2.0's and those weren't available for retail. So since that one season of the 1.0's the NHL and Reebok have been trying to pass off these Authentics as what is being worn on the ice, when in reality it's not.

So basically having true authentic jerseys has become something only collectors would bother with having to buy game worn jerseys and have them stripped and customized to approach real authentic status. This isn't for the casual jersey fan or someone who just wants a decent jersey. So maybe selling the 2.0s in the future will accomplish that but that's not where we are.

Just want to clarify, collectors don't (can't speak for everyone though) strip game worn jerseys. That's a big no-no. Game Issued is fair game to me as the player never wore the jersey and most likely never even saw it. Game Issued jerseys can be purchased through Meigray but for the most part the Avs have high sized jerseys so they're obviously on the larger side.

So my advice is just buy a nice replica right now. Buying an "authentic" is nothing but a waste of money. Pepsi Center or Ice Jerseys or Cool Jerseys sell nice replicas. DO NOT buy from NHL.com, they don't even sell proper replicas. My MacKinnon is from Cool Jerseys, it's a replica but it's very nicely done. I'll buy an authentic when they actually sell some semblance of them at retail.

I would agree that buying an indo-edge is a waste of money. However, as I mentioned above if you can get a 1.0 and are fine with the fact that it has a different logo on the back.
Did I horribly botch that narrative?

Nope, pretty good job.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
When did the avs switch from vector to wordmark? I was trying to pick from a number of players, so if it would be more "accurate" to get a Johnson over a landeskog, I could do that.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
So people are buying game issued 2.0 jerseys of obscure players then just stripping the numbers and name off and adding their favorite player? Where can you go to have at done and at what cost? This may get to a point where I just buy a game worn johnson jersey since we wear the same size. It may be cheaper.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thanks for clarifying, Hollywood. This is all interesting, good to learn this stuff.

Just want to clarify, collectors don't (can't speak for everyone though) strip game worn jerseys. That's a big no-no. Game Issued is fair game to me as the player never wore the jersey and most likely never even saw it. Game Issued jerseys can be purchased through Meigray but for the most part the Avs have high sized jerseys so they're obviously on the larger side.

Yeah, I misspoke there. I agree, definitely wouldn't strip a game worn.

Tucker, Meigray is where they sell the game worn/game issue jerseys. Several people here have purchased those.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for clarifying, Hollywood. This is all interesting, good to learn this stuff.

Yeah, I misspoke there. I agree, definitely wouldn't strip a game worn.

Tucker, Meigray is where they sell the game worn/game issue jerseys. Several people here have purchased those.

Yeah, I just found them. I wish they had a game issue johnson. $600 is a bit steep. But if I could get the jersey he wore when I was there this past weekend for my bachelor party, it'd be a pretty nice piece of memorabilia.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So people are buying game issued 2.0 jerseys of obscure players then just stripping the numbers and name off and adding their favorite player? Where can you go to have at done and at what cost? This may get to a point where I just buy a game worn johnson jersey since we wear the same size. It may be cheaper.

Correct. GI jerseys for the most part are $250 off of Meigray but in the Summer and around the Holidays are 15-20% off during their sales. You can also make an offer for jerseys at any time. I have used a poster over on the IceJersey forums and he charges I believe $30-$35 to strip them.

Here is a link to Erik Johnson gamers. His gamers from 11-12 during the holiday sale back in November were 40% off. Which would be $450. You could probably make an offer for like 50% off ($375) now since so many are still available.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/ser...reAdmin=Y&y=-308&checkDoGetProtected=Y&x=-191

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
Correct. GI jerseys for the most part are $250 off of Meigray but in the Summer and around the Holidays are 15-20% off during their sales. You can also make an offer for jerseys at any time. I have used a poster over on the IceJersey forums and he charges I believe $30-$35 to strip them.

Here is a link to Erik Johnson gamers. His gamers from 11-12 during the holiday sale back in November were 40% off. Which would be $450. You could probably make an offer for like 50% off ($375) now since so many are still available.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/ser...reAdmin=Y&y=-308&checkDoGetProtected=Y&x=-191

How do you make an offer to Meigray?

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Hi all. I have a couple avalanche jerseys, both are blanks. im sure they're not authentic or anything like that. Does anyone know the best place to get customization done in Calgary? Also i read on here a bunch of sites that are bad for buying jerseys does anyone want to point me in the direction of a good site, specifically looking for a nordiques Sakic jersey

PepsiCenterMagic

Food is Great
Jul 17, 2013
My dream is to get one of those RoyKer jerseys, where half of it is Patrick Roy, and the other half Larry Walker. Both 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad