Avalanche Jersey Pickups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs Hockey Podcast

All Avs All the Time
Aug 14, 2011
The Mile High City
Let's get a jersey thread started for everyone here who loves Avs jerseys.

Post your Avs jersey collection and newest pickups here. Links to your full collection, if it's housed online, would work great as well. Full sized pics are definitely welcome too. If you're going to post more than a few full-sized pics in one post please make them clickable thumbnails. Much easier to browse through.

Post away friends and Let's Go Avs!

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
CCM 550 replicas size L customized by Denver Athletic

P1000190.jpg

P1000191.jpg

P1000192.jpg

P1000193.jpg

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Don't have pics but I can list my Avs jerseys...

Authentics
Joe Sakic (White, CCM, 95-06 style)
Paul Stastny (Current 3rd Jersey)

Replicas
Claude Lemieux (White, Starter, 95-06 style)
Adam Foote (White, Pro Player, 95-06 style, with 2001 ASG patch)
Patrick Roy (Blue, CCM, 2002 NHL ASG)
Chris Drury (Blue, Nike, 2002 Team USA)
Blank CCM Burgandy, 95-06 style
Blank CCM 3rd Jersey, 02-06 style
Blank CCM, 2001 NHL All Star Jersey (Team North America)

Eventually I'd like to get the blanks customized with Bourque, Foppa and Hejduk

Last edited:

Steve Varmalov

And Then....
Dec 11, 2007
Boulder
Current Style of jersey:
- David Jones 54 (Home)
- Paul Stastny 26 (Home)
- Matt Duchene 9 (Away)
- Ryan Stoa 29 (Home)
- x3 Blank Home Jerseys (Need to put names on them; getting Johnson for sure then two of the following..... Varlamov/Mueller/Landeskog/Elliott/Galiardi/Hishon/Hejduk. Just too many to pick from)

Old School:
- Marek Svatos 40 (White, Road)
- Others from when I was a lot younger, don't count them in my list

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
Peter Forsberg X 4 (White, Original 3rd jersey, Nordiques and 2000 All-Star)
Patrick Roy (White)
Matt Duchene (Burgundy)
Practice jersey (Black, no name or number)

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Just got two.
Not so easy to get them here in Germany especially with some customization.

Dan Hinote (old style, white)
Milan Hejduk (current style, burgundy)

Would love to get me the current 3rd jersey with Radar on it.
Not enough money right now, though. :cry:

Avs Hockey Podcast

All Avs All the Time
Aug 14, 2011
The Mile High City
Greg...That Sakic and Forsberg look fantastic. And everyone, if you have blank jerseys and need them lettered send them Denver Athletic like Greg and I do. They letter the Avalanche jerseys that are worn on the ice. They do great work. Keep the jerseys lists and pics coming. Good to see there are people here that love their jerseys like I do.

iAvs

JUST WIN
Mar 1, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
www.flickr.com
When I upload some pics I will post them.

Authentics:
2000 White ProPlayer Hejduk (with burgundy NHL 2000 patch)
97-98 Burgundy Starter Foote jersey ("A" patch a little high because the Avs crest is higher than usual on the retail authentics I believe that season. Anyone else have that issue?)
2002 Burgundy 3rd KOHO Sakic with "C"

Replicas:
Reebok Burgundy Home Stastny
Reebok Blue 3rd Duchene

Old replicas:
Starter Burgundy Away Forsberg
Starter White Home Sakic (Burgundy color is WAY off on this jersey. Also sleeve numbers colors are incorrect... the #19 is layered with Black/Silver/White in that order).

Avs Hockey Podcast

All Avs All the Time
Aug 14, 2011
The Mile High City
When I upload some pics I will post them.

Authentics:
97-98 Burgundy Starter Foote jersey ("A" patch a little high because the Avs crest is higher than usual on the retail authentics I believe that season. Anyone else have that issue?)
I had that same exact issue. I ended up having a buddy of mine (with plenty of jersey customizing experience) take the crest off of my Forsberg and move it down a few inches. The Starter crests weren't glued to the jerseys at all so it was an easy job.

Went from this:
PeterForsbergStarterBurgundy.jpg

To this:
PeterForsbergStarterBurgundy2.jpg

Much better!

iAvs

JUST WIN
Mar 1, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
www.flickr.com
Wow much better! I wish I had gotten that done before I had it customized (by Ice Jerseys). The "A" goes over the black and white piping a bit because of the limited room up top. Still, I love the jersey as I'm a fan of the material the Avs used before 2001.

On a side note, can anyone confirm this: The Avs were set to dump the foot patch after the 95/96 season but kept it on for superstitious reasons? I can't remember where I heard that but always wondered what they had planned to replace it with. IMO, the best 2nd logo in the league!

foppagirl21

Jan 16, 2011
Denver, CO
My collection is not that exciting (a home and away "old" authentic Forsberg jersey; Edge authentic away blank; random Avalanche/Chicago jerseys from when I was a lot younger) BUT I am looking to add drastically to my closet this year. Before making the plunge, I am waiting to hear who will be named captain/alternates. I am too impatient to buy one, then send it off again to get the appropriate letter added. Darn customs!

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
If any of you add patches to your jerseys make sure that they are the real deal. I have unknowingly bought replica patches on ebay and had to buy another set of patches just to make sure I got an authentic patch put on my jerseys. Make sure you buy from a reputable ebay dealer or online shop.

I believe that authentic patches have a rubbery or hard plastic backing and replicas don't have any backing at all. On cup patches if there is an outline edge then it is a replica.

P1000194.jpg

The two patches on the left are replicas.

Last edited:

Avs Hockey Podcast

All Avs All the Time
Aug 14, 2011
The Mile High City
If any of you add patches to your jerseys make sure that they are the real deal. I have unknowingly bought replica patches on ebay and had to buy another set of patches just to make sure I got an authentic patch put on my jerseys. Make sure you buy from a reputable ebay dealer or online shop.
I'll echo this. You may need to spend a little extra, but knowing the patches you add are legitimate should be worth it. The ONLY version of the 10th Anniversary patches you should get are the ones with the hard backing made by National Emblem. One version of the packaging looks like this:

NationalEmblem10thAnniversaryPatchF.jpg

NationalEmblem10thAnniversaryPatchB.jpg

There are at least two other versions of packaging, but all of the patches have the hard backing, which is easily removed.

And here is a pic with the replica on the right and the legit patch on the left. Look for long enough and you'll notice a pretty big difference.

10thAnniversarysidebyside2.jpg

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Here is my collection...obviously not as refined as AHP's, but it's a nice start in my opinion. The only one missing from it is an AWAY Joe Sakic Nordiques jersey, I left it at a friend's house, and I'll be getting it back and uploading it later

Peter Forsberg Home CCM Replica
imag0160i.jpg

By rocklobst3r at 2011-09-06

imag0161f.jpg

Matt Duchene 3rd Jersey Premier Replica

imag0162h.jpg

imag0163du.jpg

Chris Stewart Away Premier Replica

imag0165km.jpg

imag0164mx.jpg

And the "Grand Daddy" of them right now...

Paul Stastny Home White CCM AUTOGRAPHED
imag0166u.jpg

imag0167ej.jpg

imag0168i.jpg

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I dunno, I've gotten almost all the team related patches from the Pepsi Center Team Store (I've even got the Captains patch all the players wore the night they retired Sakic's jersey) and none of them have the hard backing. There is a layer of glue over all the strings but no sticker or anything. None of them came in a bag either they just had stacks of them by the registers.

The only two I'm missing are the 96 cup patch and the CHS patch they wore after columbine.

Avs Hockey Podcast

All Avs All the Time
Aug 14, 2011
The Mile High City
I dunno, I've gotten almost all the team related patches from the Pepsi Center Team Store (I've even got the Captains patch all the players wore the night they retired Sakic's jersey) and none of them have the hard backing. There is a layer of glue over all the strings but no sticker or anything. None of them came in a bag either they just had stacks of them by the registers.

The only two I'm missing are the 96 cup patch and the CHS patch they wore after columbine.
I just wanted to clarify a little bit. The 10th Anniversary patches (plus small shoulder patches and large crest patches) are the only Avalanche patches that I know that National Emblem makes with the hard backing. Otherwise, make sure you stick with reputable dealers and places you trust for other patches, otherwise you're going to get stuck with bad replicas.

Pepsi Center (Altitude Authentics) is a pretty good place to find patches, but they don't carry and restock everything. I picked up some of the Sakic night patches there as well. I also went to the end of season equipment sale there last year and found these for $2 a piece. Now I just need jerseys to put them on. Pro Player authentics are tough to come by.

NHL2000Patches.jpg

And as far as the CHS patches, they weren't really patches at all. The "patch" was sewn into the actual jersey so every patch you may see on eBay is a definite reproduction.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
And as far as the CHS patches, they weren't really patches at all. The "patch" was sewn into the actual jersey so every patch you may see on eBay is a definite reproduction.
Technically yes. But I was at both Home playoff games against the Sharks and there was a table set up on the concourse at McNichols selling the patches. My brother bought one, I didn't.

So there might be some "real" ones floating around somewhere.

Avs Hockey Podcast

All Avs All the Time
Aug 14, 2011
The Mile High City
Technically yes. But I was at both Home playoff games against the Sharks and there was a table set up on the concourse at McNichols selling the patches. My brother bought one, I didn't.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I was at McNichol's at the same series. I just consider the "real" thing as what was worn on the game worn jerseys. I know that the CHS patch was embroidered directly into the sleeves, that's all. I've seen an outstanding picture of what the patches looked like from the inside of the sleeve, I'm just not able to find it right now. I'll keep looking and post it when I find it.

Avs Hockey Podcast

All Avs All the Time
Aug 14, 2011
The Mile High City

Found the images I was looking for. Outside and inside a Joe Sakic game worn jersey from that season.

http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/QueCol/98-99ColSakicp.JPG
http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/QueCol/98-99ColSakicp2.JPG

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
So, i just picked up two alternate jerseys for 35 dollars, but now i would like them to get customized, anywhere in Denver with really good job of doing this?

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Hey folks,

What is everyone's go to source for jerseys online?

I don't necessarily want authentics, though not opposed to getting one. Basically I just want to make sure I actually am able to get stitched lettering, crests etc...not sure if that still impossible without getting authentic.

Avs Hockey Podcast

All Avs All the Time
Aug 14, 2011
The Mile High City
Hey folks,

What is everyone's go to source for jerseys online?

I don't necessarily want authentics, though not opposed to getting one. Basically I just want to make sure I actually am able to get stitched lettering, crests etc...not sure if that still impossible without getting authentic.
I'm assuming you're talking about Avalanche jerseys since you posted here. The best thing to do is get a legitimate blank jersey (authentic or replica) on eBay and then send that jersey to Denver Athletic here in Denver. They letter the Avalanche jerseys the team wears on the ice and they're the only place that you can send your jersey where you know it's going to be done right. There are other places that will letter Avalanche jerseys, but DA is the only place that can get the curve on the nameplate correct.

If you have questions about DA jerseys just let me know. I can definitely help if you need it!

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
For me any time I've needed or wanted to get an Avs jersey ive gotten it at Pepsi Center. They do have an online store. www.altitudeauthentics.com

For any other teams it's been River City Sports. Never been disappointed with their work. Although I don't nitpick the proper curve of the name plate ;) :D

And for stitched on names, numbers, etc... You are gonna have to go Authentic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad