Avalanche Jersey Pickups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearhead82

Saginaw Gears 72-83
Apr 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Did you go customized or blank? If you had SportsK do the Landeskog, would you mind posting pics? I'd love to see the job they did. Thanks, and congrats. Glad you like it.

I got a customized 1980 USA Olympic jersey More affordable right now sorry, Don't know how post pictures. :(

CrimsonPuma*

I am thinking of getting a Mack blueberry sweater. What are the chances he switches away from the #29?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They use heat pressed applications for everything including the numbers. The only heat pressed patches on replicas should be on the shoulders, everything else will be stitched. I've even heard horror stories incorrect fonts and the heat pressed patches falling off. Read carefully in the description before you buy. I have not heard one person recommend NHL.com. The other places do a better job and it's the same price.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
It really is pathetic that NHL.com is the worst place to get jerseys from. Like WTF are they thinking.

CrimsonPuma*

It really is pathetic that NHL.com is the worst place to get jerseys from. Like WTF are they thinking.

What are they thinking?

They are thinking they can save a few bucks with cheaper materials and processes and people will still buy from them because they are the NHL... The place where most casual fans will look first.

SuperTheGreat

Swim Instructor
Jun 3, 2012
Colorado
Finally arrived. 2013-14 Nathan MacKinnon Third Set One. It was worn in 7 games. MacKinnon attempted his first career shootout attempt in this jersey and also set an NHL record in it for being the youngest player to ever score two goals in two consecutive games. Not really that much wear besides on the one sleeve, which has a small repair and some board burns. Now I have to decide how to display the jersey with the stick that I have that's photomatched to a game that MacKinnon was wearing the jersey. I also have a 11x14 of MacKinnon in the jersey that a poster from the Icejerseys forums was nice enough to get signed for me when the Avs were down in Nashville. I also have a 16x20 that shows the stick photomatch that I can display with them.
2DB55897-9380-4A5A-998C-D231FEFFE474-282-00000015F4B37FAB_zps7de16324.jpg

Wow, that is a beauty! There can only be one "first". And a record breaker to boot! You got yourself a very unique piece there. The display with the photo and the stick is going to definitely be one of a kind and something to be proud of. Congrats!

New Scotland

Feb 22, 2014
Halifax, NS
Hi guys, diehard Avs fan since day one here and was fortunate enough to watch Nathan MacKinnon growing up and playing since he was a kid, including every home game for the Mooseheads! I managed to get the first four rookie MacKinnon jerseys in Nova Scotia, and had my friend who works with the Halifax Mooseheads text Nathan while he was home during the Olympic break and ask if he could come to the rink and sign them. He didn't even hesitate, texted back and said he'd be in the next day (the day before he flew back to Colorado)! I tried to post a picture of the jerseys but it says the code or something is invalid. Just thought I'd let you guys know what a genuinely good kid he is - Nova Scotian attitude, through and through!

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I guess the easiest way to post a pic is to use tinypic or something like that, it even gives the code for message board use. But anyway, cool story and thanks for sharing. I'm a big fan of his already, it's going to be so fun to watch his career.

ToewsGretzky*

Mar 10, 2014
Algonquin Park
I like the Avalanche, Roy was my favourite goalie back in the day, they are my second team after the Leafs, I wish they would get rid of the piping and go back to that V like shape on the bottom of the sweaters. Other than that I love the logo.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Can someone point me in the right direction for buying a Mooseheads MacKinnon jersey? They seem to be a little harder to find then I thought. I love the look of the jerseys and a Mac jersey would be great to have. Thanks!

New Scotland

Feb 22, 2014
Halifax, NS
Hi guys, diehard Avs fan since day one here and was fortunate enough to watch Nathan MacKinnon growing up and playing since he was a kid, including every home game for the Mooseheads! I managed to get the first four rookie MacKinnon jerseys in Nova Scotia, and had my friend who works with the Halifax Mooseheads text Nathan while he was home during the Olympic break and ask if he could come to the rink and sign them. He didn't even hesitate, texted back and said he'd be in the next day (the day before he flew back to Colorado)! I tried to post a picture of the jerseys but it says the code or something is invalid. Just thought I'd let you guys know what a genuinely good kid he is - Nova Scotian attitude, through and through!

I tried tinypic.. hopefully it works!

2njvh2x.jpg

New Scotland

Feb 22, 2014
Halifax, NS
If you were to sell one, I would snapcall as well. For a German kid like me, more than priceless!

Haha... wasn't my intention when I posted them. I am definitely keeping one and giving one to my father for his birthday. I suppose I could sell one, to pay for the crazy expensive jersey cases!

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
How's the selection of edge jerseys in the Pepsi center? I'd like to get an away landeskog, Johnson, varlamov, or mackinnon while I'm in town, but I'd need a size 60. I could call but I'm just lazy like that.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Decent. I heard they sold out of MacKinnon's but that's been a little while. You should find all those players at the Pepsi Center. I don't know about all the sizes but they do have a variety. I will say don't bother looking at a mall if you can't find them at the Pepsi Center. They do not sell the white jerseys at all and they might have Stastny or Duchene only.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Yeah Pepsi has a great selection player wise, dunno about sizes though. They are the only place in town that sells the Authentics. But the selection of those is very limited in both players and sizes.

They do carry all three jerseys of most of the players. But I think they carry more of the Homes and 3rds than the away.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They don't make the 2.0s anymore. My understanding is they only were made the very first year of the Edge jerseys, then Reebok decided to make them all overseas. And if you are talking replicas it doesn't matter anyway.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
They make 2.0 jerseys. That's what the players wear. The indo-edge is a joke. Reebok calls it authentic, but it's not close to what the players wear. There's people on ebay selling 2.0, but with the trademark and if you want to customize it with a newer player you need the wordmark (dutch and stazz are ok to have a trademark jersey) so the only way is to buy a gamer or to buy a team issued and strip it then customize it. I have 5 team issued jerseys that took awhile to strip and get all of the heat pressed glue off of a couple of them (acetone used in removal process), but they are now perfect blanks.

Hollywood would say the same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad