Avalanche Jersey Pickups Part III

akadubin

Jun 28, 2013
Castle Rock
Hi guys, after browsing the net I'm keen on purchasing this jersey.
I already have a roy jersey but could use a second.
As Deadmarsh was one of my fav players, I want to salute him.
Is this a real jersey?
Cheers

Adam Deadmarsh Colorado Avalanche Vintage CCM NHL Sewn Jersey White XL | eBay

Define real? It also comes down to how picky you are about your jerseys.

Its not a period accurate jersey from when Deadmarsh was on the team. The only year he would have a CCM jersey would have been in 2000/1, and they all had the tagging on the neck. The image on the ebay listing looks like the plcment of the "18" is off center. The mountain point should be closer to the 8.

Here is a gamer from 2000 for reference (Eddie's Jersey room). http://www.eddieolson.com/eddiesjerseyroom.com/players/9900_deadmarsh18_h/9900_deadmarsh18_back.jpg

I'd call it a reproduction attempt, versus "vintage"

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
So it comes too small details. For me it's good enough.
It's to wear during the playoffs and while cheering for the AVS and my local team the coming season(s)

akadubin

Jun 28, 2013
Castle Rock
So it comes too small details. For me it's good enough.
It's to wear during the playoffs and while cheering for the AVS and my local team the coming season(s)

I just try to provide information, and let people make their own decisions. Its about having the facts. Cheers.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I splurged and got one of these:

Landeskog_454502623.jpg

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Hey guys, quick question on the old Starter jerseys from about 97-99, the ones with the STARTER wordmark.

Is there any place that would be able to create or cut a burgundy arched mesh nameplate like those had around? I have had no luck going to the official customizer who did them back in the 90s which is Cutting Edge Sports, at least AFAIK. I have some blanks I want to get done up with some favorite childhood players but don't want to skimp out on the material/details/color. I really am trying to avoid cutting up another blank for some.

I also (obviously) am not local, so I really have no clue. No one on r/ or eBay is selling, nothing yet on IceJerseys. Thanks for any/all help!

akadubin

Jun 28, 2013
Castle Rock
Hey guys, quick question on the old Starter jerseys from about 97-99, the ones with the STARTER wordmark.

Is there any place that would be able to create or cut a burgundy arched mesh nameplate like those had around? I have had no luck going to the official customizer who did them back in the 90s which is Cutting Edge Sports, at least AFAIK. I have some blanks I want to get done up with some favorite childhood players but don't want to skimp out on the material/details/color. I really am trying to avoid cutting up another blank for some.

I also (obviously) am not local, so I really have no clue. No one on r/ or eBay is selling, nothing yet on IceJerseys. Thanks for any/all help!

Best of luck fining those old mesh nameplates. Like you mentioned, cutting up old blanks is how you have to do it these days.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Best of luck fining those old mesh nameplates. Like you mentioned, cutting up old blanks is how you have to do it these days.
I was hoping not. The jersey from eBay I got came with one but it is not arched quite correctly so I don't want to use it. I emailed EPS and they said they had them, so I am wondering what they do or where they get them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad