Avalanche Jersey Pickups Part III

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Can't wait to pick the stadium series jersey up at a thrift store for $2!

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
The kerfoot thing was pretty bad. Then they gave a free shipping and 30% off code to ppl who had their money refunded, even though most things are already 25% off.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Was hoping to find some good jersey deals. Best deal was at coolhockey but they’re sold out of my size in everything.

fanatics had good stuff but the Makar Jersey wasn’t on sale

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
My Makar jersey finally came in the mail!
upload_2019-12-11_14-27-34.gif

Reactions: Lastwind

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Was hoping to find some good jersey deals. Best deal was at coolhockey but they’re sold out of my size in everything.

fanatics had good stuff but the Makar Jersey wasn’t on sale
Try Hockeyauthentic, great site. Their regular price is the sale price of most sites.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
It really does sound like they're scrambling like hell after the overwhelmingly negative reaction to the leaked designs. Again, one slight tweak (take that dumb giant A/mountain thing and keep it from running into the collar) would at least make them acceptable.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It really does sound like they're scrambling like hell after the overwhelmingly negative reaction to the leaked designs. Again, one slight tweak (take that dumb giant A/mountain thing and keep it from running into the collar) would at least make them acceptable.
Hopefully they're trying to rectify the issue. I can forgive them for the Rocky Mountain Xtreme because after the backlash after the leak they corrected the error.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Coming from China so I doubt it ends up looking this clean but I just took a shot and ordered this hoodie

578F6767-3C93-4229-AB41-6E80687318B4.jpeg

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Coming from China so I doubt it ends up looking this clean but I just took a shot and ordered this hoodie

View attachment 307125

I hope you got it about 4 sizes too big.
EVERYTHING I've bought from China is super small, even if I order XXL.

Bought a gray t-shirt from there.
They sent me a tan one.
So I contacted them and asked for a gray one.
They sent another tan one, with "gray" written on the bag.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I hope you got it about 4 sizes too big.
EVERYTHING I've bought from China is super small, even if I order XXL.

Bought a gray t-shirt from there.
They sent me a tan one.
So I contacted them and asked for a gray one.
They sent another tan one, with "gray" written on the bag.
b78.gif

Reactions: Pokecheque

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

View attachment 307125

My wife got me a Makar jersey for Christmas...of course she's not a sports person and had no idea she was ordering an Asian knockoff, but I still love her (and when she got it she told me she was "vastly disappointed as it didn't look like what the picture looked like").

I tried to hide my ambivalence towards it when I opened it, because for the most part, it looks passable. However, I told her it was a knockoff and that the "dead giveaway" was the Crest being off-center and having bubbles in it. As well as the name looking odd on the back. She agreed that she thought something looked off when she looked at it after it arrived, and then she looked at the mailing address and the return address was in Chinese/Japanese and she "had a feeling this was a knockoff".

But...she also got her & I tickets to an Avalanche game in March (against Vancouver) and she's promised me that she'll get me an official Makar jersey at or before the game.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
My wife got me a Makar jersey for Christmas...of course she's not a sports person and had no idea she was ordering an Asian knockoff, but I still love her (and when she got it she told me she was "vastly disappointed as it didn't look like what the picture looked like").

I tried to hide my ambivalence towards it when I opened it, because for the most part, it looks passable. However, I told her it was a knockoff and that the "dead giveaway" was the Crest being off-center and having bubbles in it. As well as the name looking odd on the back. She agreed that she thought something looked off when she looked at it after it arrived, and then she looked at the mailing address and the return address was in Chinese/Japanese and she "had a feeling this was a knockoff".

But...she also got her & I tickets to an Avalanche game in March (against Vancouver) and she's promised me that she'll get me an official Makar jersey at or before the game.
I’ve ordered knock offs before but it’s always stuff that isn’t common. I ordered a previous stadium series hoody and a SS jersey and they were fine. If you’re ordering an Avs adidas jersey from China you’re going to hate it because you stare at the normal jerseys every night and the differences are awful. For things such as a hoody or occasional jersey it’s generally not as horrific.

I can’t call this hoody a knock off because it’s not a knock off of anything. It’s the only one of its kind. My fear is that the name/crest etc will be awful or there will be seams all over the place.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I’ve ordered knock offs before but it’s always stuff that isn’t common. I ordered a previous stadium series hoody and a SS jersey and they were fine. If you’re ordering an Avs adidas jersey from China you’re going to hate it because you stare at the normal jerseys every night and the differences are awful. For things such as a hoody or occasional jersey it’s generally not as horrific.

I can’t call this hoody a knock off because it’s not a knock off of anything. It’s the only one of its kind. My fear is that the name/crest etc will be awful or there will be seams all over the place.

After she asked me "is this, like, a 'real jersey'?" that's when I told her that it was most likely a knockoff and explained the giveaways to that. My follow-up question was "How much was it?" and she answered "$70", and I said "That's the second giveaway, these jerseys are usually around $180-200ish, or more, depending on if you get an Authentic or Official Replica".

Her dad has a penchant for being fine with ordering knockoff jerseys, and she had said in the past that she "doesn't like that he's fine with it just because it costs less" and she seemed legitimately upset that she was sorta "taken for a ride". Hard to fault her though, since she really wouldn't have had any idea where to even start when it comes to hockey jerseys.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Got this back from Exclusive Pro. It took a full three months from sending it to getting it back. I'm a keener and I'm a bit disappointed with their work. The numbers on both the jerseys can be placed a bit lower to match the on ice look.

view

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->