GDT: Avalanche @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Fun fact, JJ has one less point over the last 10 games than Camm

I know that with the assist last night JJ has 6 points in his last 9. Surprised Camm has more then that. I mean 7 points in 10 games? That's pretty dang good.

The icing with 10 seconds to go was as boneheaded a play as you will see, but I thought Camm played a strong game prior to that.

Also wonder if Camm was hurt there? As soon as the game ended he went straight towards the locker room.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Sure. They rarely get 40+ shots and control play like they did last night. Colorado was barely hanging on that whole game and were fortunate to be down 1.

Unfortunately, I don't get much enjoyment from the Devils, even when they win. Actually, I just don't care for the system they play and still don't understand it.

Yes, we need better players, however, I believe we need a new coach. Nothing against Hynes, I just think he's in over his head.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Valiquette was so bad, he was in net for Igor Larionov's final NHL goal and only goal as a Devil.

Larionov was amazing for the first few games as a Devil, then he scored like 5 points in the last 40 games or whatever it was. He had a couple multi point games early on, where Niedermayer talked him up like he was the prime Larionov haha.

I don't mind DiPietro as an analyst, but those suits just don't look right on him!

Valiquette is such a sarcastic Rangers homer and he has a face just asking to be punched. The "golden road" ok ****** bag.

Oh I really hope Zacha can become a top 6 center for us I really want him to be a center rather than left wing. Honestly, if we're gonna keep him at wing I'd rather make him a RW so he can be in a better position to get his shot off but, similar to how Sykora was used.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
The Devils dominated the game. Hall missed 2 open nets, Zajac missed an open net...So many opportunities. Colorado was lucky to be within a goal.

I think Hall has missed at least 10 goals this year .. he's been really good with the Devils, but he has missed his share of golden opportunities.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Unfortunately, I don't get much enjoyment from the Devils, even when they win. Actually, I just don't care for the system they play and still don't understand it.

Yes, we need better players, however, I believe we need a new coach. Nothing against Hynes, I just think he's in over his head.

What don't you understand about it?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Everything. I notice that they constantly cough up the puck in the neutral zone and I don't see any type of an effective for-check. Maybe it's just me. :help:

It seems like when we're good, we're very good in those areas you're talking about, but the rest of the time we look poor in the neutral zone and on the forecheck.

Seems like each line we have plays vastly different styles due to the styles of play of Hall, Wood, and Zacha/JJ which makes it hard to tell what we're doing. That seems like a bit of an identity crisis through the forward group, that can only be fixed with time and adding the players to play the way Hynes wants. To be honest, Cammalleri seems to be at a conflict with Hynes' idea of playing with pace and making quick decisions.

I think you're starting to see Hall's line and Josefson's line play the way Hynes wants the team to play. Wood's line just seems to be controlled chaos on the ice with the way Wood plays. He just creates havoc for Henrique/Cammalleri who just try to be opportunistic and capitalize on the space Wood creates.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think Wood in some ways very much plays the style of play Hynes' wants.

But yeah, does it in an out of control fashion.

Palm's play of late does look like a fit.

Hall is a natural fit.

I have really like Zacha on the forecheck/backcheck in recent games.

Zajac, and Rico, maybe not so much, not to be disparaging, but they are not high tempo players. Zajac is very strong on the backcheck for sure though.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Blender has also shown good energy out there.

Kalinin is not fast, but his effort is good.

Noesen has played at a good tempo, but needs to show that it is more then just the new team effect.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think Wood in some ways very much plays the style of play Hynes' wants.

But yeah, does it in an out of control fashion.

Palm's play of late does look like a fit.

Hall is a natural fit.

I have really like Zacha on the forecheck/backcheck in recent games.

Zajac, and Rico, maybe not so much, not to be disparaging, but they are not high tempo players. Zajac is very strong on the backcheck for sure though.

Not every player is going to be a perfect fit for a system.

Zajac and Henrique are smart enough players that they can do what Hynes wants even if it's a bit out of their comfort zone. You're starting to see Hynes identity come through of late, even on that fourth line. I think if you had a different center than Kalinin, that line would look even better. Noesen is similar to Zajac/Henrique, but he can move very well for his size.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Not every player is going to be a perfect fit for a system.

Zajac and Henrique are smart enough players that they can do what Hynes wants even if it's a bit out of their comfort zone. You're starting to see Hynes identity come through of late, even on that fourth line. I think if you had a different center than Kalinin, that line would look even better. Noesen is similar to Zajac/Henrique, but he can move very well for his size.

Ya, Zajac and Rico do play more cerebral. I think that is maybe why fans get on Rico, he is not a gang busters sort of player.

Noesen to me, especially in first first couple, was very energetic, again could be the new team effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad