GDT: Avalanche @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Poor Cammy lol I homestly think he's been fine lately. Just cant freaking score, still making great plays.

I think people are a little too hard on him lately, due to his lengthy goal droughts, which I admit are getting frustrating at this point.

I don't exactly advocate what he did there on that empty net though.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
1jo4k1.jpg

Wins are wins!

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Man, this place is so negative after a win. :laugh:
Yea, because winning means we should overlook bad play of certain players or how they were in turtle mode for a good portion of the third period and only beat the worst team in the league by one goal.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zacha on pace for 26 points this season (can't play 82 games) after being on what was like a 14 point pace over 82 games, just a few weeks ago. Not he's got his 15th point of the season tonight.

And this 5 day break is asinine and pointless IMO. The all star break used to be almost a week long, even though a couple teams played up to the Wednesday before all star weekend. This year what they've done is take away 2 days worth of possible off days for the all star break and then added on the 5 day break, which is really only a 4 day break with practice on day 5. Whereas it used to be off days on Wednesday (for most teams), Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, practice Monday and games start back on Tuesday. So really, what do you gain with bye weeks? 2 more off days? Why even bother?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Wood had a horrible game. I think it's time to flip him and Blandisi. He's created a ton of chances even though he hasn't gotten on the score sheet yet. Love what I'm seeing from him. And please trade PAP.

Hall - Zajac - Palmieri
Blandisi - Henrique - Cammalleri
Zacha - JJ - Noesen
Wood - Kalinin - Bennett

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not the best win, but a win is a win. Can't be dropping points to the bottom feeders in the league and expect to go achieve anything, so I'll take it.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Wood had a horrible game. I think it's time to flip him and Blandisi. He's created a ton of chances even though he hasn't gotten on the score sheet yet. Love what I'm seeing from him. And please trade PAP.

Hall - Zajac - Palmieri
Blandisi - Henrique - Cammalleri
Zacha - JJ - Noesen
Wood - Kalinin - Bennett

I'd rather see Coleman back up and in playing 4th line.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean I get being annoyed during the game cause Colorado's one of the two teams left in the league that are still in the 'should win' column, but now that it's over shrug and take a breath people :laugh:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Barley beat the best team in the league! lets overlook a couple of really bad **** ups at the end that could have cost them the game!

Who cares? It's a win. If you're expecting this Devils team to blow anybody out, you're probably going to be disappointed.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Barley beat the best team in the league! lets overlook a couple of really bad **** ups at the end that could have cost them the game!

No one's overlooking anything in this one, they should have blown them out early. There were tons of ****** plays where guys were called out all game long.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If its archived go back and read the comments during period 1 of the 2003 Stanley Cup Game 7 message board. Doomsday galore.

It's not archived. Up until a year or two ago, all the posts from some point in 2003 were archived. Now nothing pre 2013 is archived. Unless the thread was started before 2013 and posted in since then.

I had no doom and gloom feeling during period 1 of the 2003 SCF game 7. Period 1 of the 2003 ECF was a different story. Ottawa went up 1-0 early and we didn't score until the 2nd period. Then we tied it and took the lead with two quick Langs goals and Ottawa quickly tied it again. Not to mention that we had already blown a 3-1 lead in that series after losing games 5 and game 6 at home in OT.

The 2001 SCF against Colorado in game 7, I had no confidence in after losing game 6 at home. The scenario with traveling back to Ottawa for game 7 gave me flashbacks of having to go back to Colorado after blowing our chances to end things at home in game 6 both times. We had bulletproof Marty in 2003 though, the 2001 playoff Marty was the worst he's ever looked in the playoffs, in every series that year other than maybe against Pittsburgh in the ECF. Aside from a couple of random 5 game playoffs series in his career, he was way off in the 2001 playoffs. He was a rock in 2003.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
We should probably try

Hall-Zajac-Palmieri
Blandisi-Henrique-Cammalleri
Zacha-JJ-Noesen
Wood-Kalinin-PAP

Wood isn't impressing me lately.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Wow Santini 5 shots just behind Hal knocked some dudes on there ass tool. What were his minutes, he needs more.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Yea, because winning means we should overlook bad play of certain players or how they were in turtle mode for a good portion of the third period and only beat the worst team in the league by one goal.

Wow it's almost like there's another team playing the game! And it's also almost like we're not a great team either! Well, what do ya know!?

Seriously, the overreactions are hilarious at this point. You're aware that in this league any team can win a game? The Avs have wins over several teams higher than us in the standings, including Minnesota twice. We won, in regulation. Be happy, it can be a nice change of pace.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm more concerned about all the time we spent in the defensive zone in period 3, than the fact that we only won by a single goal.

I think we still outshot them in the 3rd period, even with them having more zone time and having what seemed like it was more attempted shots.

Colorado has packed it in, Bednar might never get a head coaching gig in the league again. Were we even on pace to finish with as few points as they currently are when Johnny Mac was fired? You gotta believe that everyone is getting canned there on April 10th. Sakic, probably most of the coaching staff. I don't even think a strong finish will save jobs there.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Wow Santini 5 shots just behind Hal knocked some dudes on there ass tool. What were his minutes, he needs more.

He played just under 17 minutes tonight, the least of any defenseman. Not surprisingly Greene and Lovejoy were each over 21 minutes, with Top 4 John Moore coming in third as seemingly always.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Wow it's almost like there's another team playing the game! And it's also almost like we're not a great team either! Well, what do ya know!?

Seriously, the overreactions are hilarious at this point. You're aware that in this league any team can win a game? The Avs have wins over several teams higher than us in the standings, including Minnesota twice. We won, in regulation. Be happy, it can be a nice change of pace.

You are aware that teams can win while also having some really bad parts to a game and that there is no issue calling it out right? doesn't make you less of a fan nor does the constant blind optimism fanboy support make you more of a fan than people that have no issue saying Cammalleri sucked, Lovejoy sucked and PA sucked and how the three of them were nearly responsible for blown leads in the 3rd.

This team could be a better team if certain players were gone or getting less ice time. Probably could be a bit better with a better coaching staff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad