Speculation: Avalanche and NY Rangers trade

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
The value today might be close but the timeline isn't. The Rangers are grooming what they feel is a top LHD that they have not had since Leetch. I'm not saying he is Leetch but they covet this guy. He is young, he is cost controlled and he is a guy who will be under contract when they are re emerging. It doesn't matter if he would help them today., the Rangers are still a couple of years away from being a serious threat. It makes no sense to trade for Zadorov who they will have to protect and re sign at higher cost and age. The Rangers don't need to trade for Zadorov, it doesn't fit the re build. No deal here.

I partially agree, but the NYR want a fast rebuild after spending almost $20M per on Panarin + Trouba. A rebuild is likely to be short lived and they want to compete sooner than later. Zadorov is likely the player they most covet. Young, big, excellent skater and nasty, paired with Trouba would be scary to play against.

NYR and AVs are both loaded with prospects, it might not be Miller, but there is enough they can easily make this deal.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
K'Andre Miller? I'm sure the Rangers are hoping he's going to be a considerably better player than Zadorov. I really see very few similarities between them aside from being big, left-handed defensemen.
Big 1st round dmen not meeting expectations is pretty common. Just look at zadorov.

Reactions: cheech70

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Why would the Avs give up a 2020 1st AND a top prospect for an UFA winger? That's insane. If this was a legitimate gamebreaking talent rental, sure, I'd trade both, but Kreider is not a gamebreaker and is not worth multiple picks and prospects.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad