Speculation: Avalanche and NY Rangers trade

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
When did that narrative start? The Kreider runs goalies one. Did he run a goalie for a Canadian franchise or something? Didn't Andrew Ladd have a similar rep?
prices+goes+down.gif

Reactions: UnSandvich

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
A first for Kreider, absolutely, and someone will add to that for Kreider but it’s not going to be much. As I said in my last post, if Hall didn’t even get a prospect as highly rated as Newhook, or Byram, or even Timmins, then you’re in for some serious disappointment if you’re expecting a prospect of that caliber from any team for a rental.

This is where things get blurry... I am NOT expecting Newhook or Byram or "a prospect of that caliber" for Kreider. I can't speak to the shitshow happening in NJ or how they negotiated the Hall trade but I know Gorton isn't dumb. He'll get something along the lines of a 1st and a good middle 6 winger that can step right in or is about to.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Very few teams will be in the market for a rental?
What good are those better set of assets if they aren't going to be dealt? NY also has one of the better prospects pools which is why finding a good trade with Colorado isn't so easy. The better set of assets are assets that Sakic won't offer and NY is in a position to be somewhat picky when it comes to prospects coming back especially in the case of Kreider. And I'm sorry but there has to be more than a 2020 1st if Jost is it as far as those better assets being offered for Kreider. And don't even go there with Kamanev.

Very few teams will have both. Not many teams looking for the last piece for a cup run have the prospect pool the Avs do.

You aren’t getting anyone’s Newhook/Byram level prospect. The Avs have a pretty long list of secondary pieces that are pretty decent. Secondary pieces are what you’re gonna get for a rental.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Very few teams will have both. Not many teams looking for the last piece for a cup run have the prospect pool the Avs do.

You aren’t getting anyone’s Newhook/Byram level prospect. The Avs have a pretty long list of secondary pieces that are pretty decent. Secondary pieces are what you’re gonna get for a rental.

Is there a reason why this keeps getting repeated? I'm a Rangers and Avs fan and I've already stated this a few times already. Seriously, is this an HFB comprehension thing? Well, I guess we'll find out soon enough what kind of decent secondary pieces Sakic will give up from that pretty long list.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Blue chippers like Newhook and Byram are not on the table for a rental. If Sakic didn’t love Newhook, he would have moved that pick for Kreider at the draft.

Not sure why so many Rangers fans are becoming fixated on these kids.

Sweet jesus. I know those two aren't available. I was making that specific point of them not being available.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Is there a reason why this keeps getting repeated? I'm a Rangers and Avs fan and I've already stated this a few times already. Seriously, is this an HFB comprehension thing? Well, I guess we'll find out soon enough what kind of decent secondary pieces Sakic will give up from that pretty long list.

It was this post that made it seem like you thought they were reasonable targets:

Not unless Newhook or Byram or a 2020 1st are on the table. Jost does not move the needle.

And on Sakic, I guess we will. I’m sure he’s going to be willing to give traditional rental value to improve at the deadline.

Reactions: charliemurphy

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
It was this post that made it seem like you thought they were reasonable targets:

And on Sakic, I guess we will. I’m sure he’s going to be willing to give traditional rental value to improve at the deadline.

I forgot this is HFB and people take things very literally and emotionally around here. I know full well Newhook and Byram aren't going anywhere as well they shouldn't. They should be part of the future in Denver.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Not a Avs or Rangers fans and I agree with you. Even a 1st and Jost is overpayment for a pending UFA. Not many teams going to trade their 1st but I do see the Avs doing it. I think the Sabres are scouting the Avs hard and trying to determine the add on top of the 1st.

Or it's Jost+ and Sakic trying to keep the 1st out of it.

Yeah I agree 100%.
Avs don't have a 2nd as well so I doubt they trade their 1st.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
guy runs goalies a few times a year every year and we’re blaming it on him being pushed.

krieder is an excellent player and I’d love him on the islanders but he has a history of running goalies.

When was the last time he ran a goalie?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Last game against the islanders?

there a whole YouTube compilation dedicated to him running goalies.
Yes, and a good portion of those play are truly indispensable...

Unless you’re a Habs fan, or just mentality incapable of identifying certain plays.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
He's a big, extremely strong and extremely fast player whose game revolves around crashing the net. He's perhaps the most prone player in the league to accidental goalie interference due to his game, and that's why it happens a couple of times a season to him. And playing that way is what makes him so effective.

Anyone who has met him or watched his interviews for years knows that he's one of the most cerebral and honest guys out there.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Last game against the islanders?

there a whole YouTube compilation dedicated to him running goalies.

And all of those are from like five years ago. It's a tired narrative. He hasn't "ran a goalie" in a long time, and a lot of those weren't actually running a goalie.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
This is really bad news, Avs are likely trying to talk the Rangers into taking somebody they don't really need/want and they are scouting that somebody. I hope Rangers scouts are not impressed. Avs either have soft forwards available or Dmen, none of which Rangers need. Unless Staal or Smith is going the other way.

AVs have much bigger and tougher forwards than you realize. They need a 3C and RHD.

I suspect the scouting is more of a smaller deal between struggling Forwards on the 3rd or 4th lines

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Anyone watching that clip above of Kreider and Price should keep in mind a few things---this is the first game of the conference finals and players are going all out. That clip is in slow motion. Kreider has just split through the D so he's at top speed like usually happens when a player splits the D. One defensemen swats the lower part of his right leg hard enough with his stick that his right leg is pulled back causing him to lose balance while the other D is hacking away at his arm and all this is happening probably within a second or two. Notice as well that Kreider with stick still on puck manages to fling a shot in the direction of the goal that goes way high and wide. He ends up colliding with Price and then sliding back first into the goal post. This is not someone trying to run and injure the other team's goalie. That was a hockey play.

By the way in the following year's playoffs he gets a penalty for hitting Fleury in the crease. That was f***ed up too. He's in tight--gets his shot off--the puck is going into the net a split second before a Pittsburgh defender shoves him from behind into Fleury. The goal then is waved off and Kreider goes into the penalty box even though the puck is over the goal line before the collision takes place.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
guy runs goalies a few times a year every year and we’re blaming it on him being pushed.

krieder is an excellent player and I’d love him on the islanders but he has a history of running goalies.

No, he really doesn't.
He was hacked in Montreal by Eller.
That isn't a history. It's only a thing because it was a playoff game and Price got hurt.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
With all due respect, as a Rangers fan, I see Zadorov as a pretty solid comparison and realistic projection. The upside is higher with Miller for sure, but this isn’t far off.

The value today might be close but the timeline isn't. The Rangers are grooming what they feel is a top LHD that they have not had since Leetch. I'm not saying he is Leetch but they covet this guy. He is young, he is cost controlled and he is a guy who will be under contract when they are re emerging. It doesn't matter if he would help them today., the Rangers are still a couple of years away from being a serious threat. It makes no sense to trade for Zadorov who they will have to protect and re sign at higher cost and age. The Rangers don't need to trade for Zadorov, it doesn't fit the re build. No deal here.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
The value today might be close but the timeline isn't. The Rangers are grooming what they feel is a top LHD that they have not had since Leetch. I'm not saying he is Leetch but they covet this guy. He is young, he is cost controlled and he is a guy who will be under contract when they are re emerging. It doesn't matter if he would help them today., the Rangers are still a couple of years away from being a serious threat. It makes no sense to trade for Zadorov who they will have to protect and re sign at higher cost and age. The Rangers don't need to trade for Zadorov, it doesn't fit the re build. No deal here.

I know the Rangers are high on Miller, but “since Leetch” is quite a stretch. Once they traded for McDonagh, he was a better prospect every step of the way. Miller is being left off top 50 prospect lists all over the place. He isn’t projected to be elite throughout the NHL. I have him behind Nils and Fox right now.

For the record, I’m also against trading Miller for Zadorov.

Reactions: Patagonia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad