Speculation: Avalanche and NY Rangers trade

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I really don't expect Zadorov will be with the AVs by next season. NYR are kidding themselves on not wanting him. Nonetheless, Miller is very similar to the type of player Zadorov is currently playing.

We can revisit the possibility at the draft.
Miller doesn’t play like Zadorov at all. Only similarity is they’re big LHD. Miller isn’t as physical and is much more dynamic. We have no use for Zadorov for what he’d cost, and were not trading an asset that can get a 1st+ for Zadorov with a plus. On the left side we have Skjei, Lindgren, Hajek, Rykov, Reunanen, Jones, Robertson, Miller, etc. Aside from the last 3, all are NHL ready and Zadorov would only block them next year. The left side isn’t good right now, but it’ll be good pretty soon

Reactions: UnSandvich

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I really don't expect Zadorov will be with the AVs by next season. NYR are kidding themselves on not wanting him. Nonetheless, Miller is very similar to the type of player Zadorov is currently playing.

K'Andre Miller? I'm sure the Rangers are hoping he's going to be a considerably better player than Zadorov. I really see very few similarities between them aside from being big, left-handed defensemen.

NateB19

Feb 25, 2016
Has Kaut fallen off? Or is he more valuable than Newhook and that'd why he's not mentioned?

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Has Kaut fallen off? Or is he more valuable than Newhook and that'd why he's not mentioned?

He hasn't really fallen off. I don't think he had much hype to begin with and just hasn't done too much since being drafted to change that.

Newhook probably has more value just because he has a higher ceiling and because he is a more recent pick still has that "mystery box" feel.

On a side note. Sign me up for
Landeskog-Kadri-Kreider:nod:

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
K'Andre Miller? I'm sure the Rangers are hoping he's going to be a considerably better player than Zadorov. I really see very few similarities between them aside from being big, left-handed defensemen.

With all due respect, as a Rangers fan, I see Zadorov as a pretty solid comparison and realistic projection. The upside is higher with Miller for sure, but this isn’t far off.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
With all due respect, as a Rangers fan, I see Zadorov as a pretty solid comparison and realistic projection. The upside is higher with Miller for sure, but this isn’t far off.

I mean to each their own, but I just don't see it. What exactly do you see that's similar between the two?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

He’s had a pretty mediocre year and a half in the AHL, though he has heated up recently. Newhook is clearly the higher upside guy. That’s why he’s always mentioned.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I mean to each their own, but I just don't see it. What exactly do you see that's similar between the two?

They’re very comparable.

Both players have size and mean streaks. They like being physical and prone to mental lapses. Consistency is a problem by dominating a game by smothering the opposition and terrible performance the next night. Zadorov is the better skater, while Miller has the better offensive abilities.

Zadorov seemed to have plateaued after 330+ games @ 6 seasons. Miller might have the higher potential, still very raw. He’s likely 2-3 years away. Struggled at the WJC and regressed this season in college.

Zadorov is the player Miller is trending towards and if he reaches his potential could be better.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014

All the tools (shot, speed, size),questionable IQs and decision making, infrequent but high-end “wow” moments, solid defenders in transition.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
guy runs goalies a few times a year every year and we’re blaming it on him being pushed.

krieder is an excellent player and I’d love him on the islanders but he has a history of running goalies.
A few times a year..?

CK’s in his 8th season. What’s a few? 3? 4? Are there really 25~ scenarios which Kreider indisputably ran into a goalie? That’s ****ing nonsense.

Kreider is big, strong, fast, and takes the puck to the net. He’s not a dirty player that goes goalie hunting. He’s not a cheapshot artist who tries to injure players, yet if he wanted to he easily could.

The idea that Kreider intentionally runs goalies is beyond foolish. When it happens it’s most likely because he gets pushed/tripped/bumped, or because he misjudges the play.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Not unless Newhook or Byram or a 2020 1st are on the table. Jost does not move the needle.

Blue chippers like Newhook and Byram are not on the table for a rental. If Sakic didn’t love Newhook, he would have moved that pick for Kreider at the draft.

Not sure why so many Rangers fans are becoming fixated on these kids.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Well, teams going for Kreider will need to at least offer a 1st. They just don't have that much to offer and Sakic won't move either Newhook or Byram.
A first for Kreider, absolutely, and someone will add to that for Kreider but it’s not going to be much. As I said in my last post, if Hall didn’t even get a prospect as highly rated as Newhook, or Byram, or even Timmins, then you’re in for some serious disappointment if you’re expecting a prospect of that caliber from any team for a rental.

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Well, teams going for Kreider will need to at least offer a 1st. They just don't have that much to offer and Sakic won't move either Newhook or Byram.

We have one of the better prospect pools. There are very few teams that would A. be in the market for a rental and B. have a better set of assets to trade for him.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

No more than you are kidding yourself for thinking NY would trade their #1 defensive prospect for a guy who needs protection and re signing.

I think the Rangers understand they aren't going anywhere before expansion. They wouldn't move Miller for a guy to play in the interim and that they would have to protect in expansion and then re sign. We can let Miller play in Hartford next season and come up in 2021/22. Same time frame.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
A few times a year..?

CK’s in his 8th season. What’s a few? 3? 4? Are there really 25~ scenarios which Kreider indisputably ran into a goalie? That’s ****ing nonsense.

Kreider is big, strong, fast, and takes the puck to the net. He’s not a dirty player that goes goalie hunting. He’s not a cheapshot artist who tries to injure players, yet if he wanted to he easily could.

The idea that Kreider intentionally runs goalies is beyond foolish. When it happens it’s most likely because he gets pushed/tripped/bumped, or because he misjudges the play.

When did that narrative start? The Kreider runs goalies one. Did he run a goalie for a Canadian franchise or something? Didn't Andrew Ladd have a similar rep?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
We have one of the better prospect pools. There are very few teams that would A. be in the market for a rental and B. have a better set of assets to trade for him.

Very few teams will be in the market for a rental?
What good are those better set of assets if they aren't going to be dealt? NY also has one of the better prospects pools which is why finding a good trade with Colorado isn't so easy. The better set of assets are assets that Sakic won't offer and NY is in a position to be somewhat picky when it comes to prospects coming back especially in the case of Kreider. And I'm sorry but there has to be more than a 2020 1st if Jost is it as far as those better assets being offered for Kreider. And don't even go there with Kamanev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad