Post-Game Talk: Avalanche 2 Devils 1: We still suck in the shootout edition

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Isn't Brunner really good at the shootout? I've seen goals of him in Detroit, pulling of some "Datsuk"like moves and actually scoring, but has Pete even put him in this year? Hopefully he'll help when he comes back soon.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Isn't Brunner really good at the shootout? I've seen goals of him in Detroit, pulling of some "Datsuk"like moves and actually scoring, but has Pete even put him in this year? Hopefully he'll help when he comes back soon.

hes creative but his record wasnt great

probably still a better option though

Loyal Lou

Oct 25, 2013
Rutherford
Imagine if we just won half of those shootouts. We'd be in 3rd in the division and pretty decent shape. But no it takes offensive players with skill to score in shootouts which is something the Devils don't have and probably won't have this season.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Lupul is the only guy with 4 or more attempts with 100%

Filpulla is 80% on 5 shots

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
Me neither.

I'm out.

Screw the gimmick anyway. Give me 8 minutes of 4x4 hockey rather than 5 minutes, and reinstate the tie.

Nobody should get a reward for "losing" anyway. Though it meshes well with the pathetic direction of our weakening society.

my thing is that there are no shootouts in the play offs so this slump we're in is no big deal....problem is that we cant keep leaving these extra points on the table !
I say 4 on 4 for 10 minutes and if no one scores end the game in a TIE ! BRING BACK THE TIE !!!!!!!!!

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm sure it was covered in the GDT, but what the hell was Gionta thinking going behind the net with the other 2 defensemen leaving ROR wide open in the slot? Abysmal.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
my thing is that there are no shootouts in the play offs so this slump we're in is no big deal....problem is that we cant keep leaving these extra points on the table !
I say 4 on 4 for 10 minutes and if no one scores end the game in a TIE ! BRING BACK THE TIE !!!!!!!!!

4 on 4 for 5 minutes - 3 on 3 for 5 minutes 2 on 2 for 5 minutes 1 on 1 for 5 minutes and if it's still tied each goalie gets to shoot at an empty net across ice. First goalie to score wins.

And if it's STILL tied - both teams lose.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
oh we have a comedian here today

Only a little bit of a comedian.

Granted I'd be ok with the All-Star game being decided that way. Would be hysterical to watch two goalies fight to the death by shooting pucks wide at an empty net.

Professionals attempting super score-o!

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm sure it was covered in the GDT, but what the hell was Gionta thinking going behind the net with the other 2 defensemen leaving ROR wide open in the slot? Abysmal.

It happens a lot with this team. I think it's just a byproduct of the whole swarm mentality they have in the defensive zone. Guys are so focused on attacking the puck carrier that they leave guys open in prime scoring positions. Their aggressiveness is one of the strengths of this system. Unfortunately it can also bite them in the ass.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
The tie needs to be brought back and they also need to take away all of Lundqvist's phantom wins by way of the bogus skills competition. Yes, him specifically. I don't like him and I don't like the shootout.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
4 on 4 for 5 minutes - 3 on 3 for 5 minutes 2 on 2 for 5 minutes 1 on 1 for 5 minutes and if it's still tied each goalie gets to shoot at an empty net across ice. First goalie to score wins.

And if it's STILL tied - both teams lose.

this reminded me of....

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
The tie needs to be brought back and they also need to take away all of Lundqvist's phantom wins by way of the bogus skills competition. Yes, him specifically. I don't like him and I don't like the shootout.

I'm fine with the tie being brought back. Casual fans hate the tie though, which is Bettman's silly excuse for the skills competition.

I would much rather watch 4v4 for 10 minutes and 3v3 until someone scores before I watch this stupid skills competition.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I'm fine with the tie being brought back. Casual fans hate the tie though, which is Bettman's silly excuse for the skills competition.

I would much rather watch 4v4 for 10 minutes and 3v3 until someone scores before I watch this stupid skills competition.

4 on 4 for ten minutes seems to make the most sense to me. Some will say that it makes the game too long, but the changeover from the OT to the shootout takes just as much time when you think about it. And I can't see how most games wouldn't end with a winner in 10 minutes of 4 on 4 play.

3 on 3 is just as bad as the shootout though. Both are just real cheesy and lame ways to finish off a game for a professional league imho. 3 on 3 and the shootout, it all just feels like something similar to what you would see in that league from the dodgeball movie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad