Post-Game Talk: Avalanche 2 Devils 1: We still suck in the shootout edition

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
What in the mother**** does Zidlicky have to do to get a chance in these? Its a complete joke that he has zero attempts so far this season.

I dont think Deboer knows you're allowed to use defenseman.

I've been saying since last season Zids should have a shot in the SO. He has zero attempts as a Devil.

I don't think you're allowed to do that. You have to use the goalie that was in the game, unless your goalie is injured somehow.

False. It has been done before.

And feed the fire that is the goalie controversy? No way.

Who gives a ratz azz? Brodeur gives you a better chance of getting One full point each and every time a game goes to a shootout.

It's rare, yes, but there was a coach a few years back who did this....western I believe....escapes me. As much as I HATE it, and I do HATE it, the gimmick is extremely important. Put out your best.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Every game NJ loses because they couldn't score is on Lou for still not having done one ****ing trade this whole ******* season.

Because Ovechkin is available, right? :shakehead

Or maybe it is on the players who get millions of dollars to put a rubber puck in a net, but don't? You can argue that our top6 just isn't good enough, but these guys were signed to be top6 players:

Zajac: 1g in 10
Jagr: 1g in 10
Clowe: 1g in 16
Elias: 1g in 10
Zubrus: 1g in 10
Ryder: 5g in 10
Henrique: 6g in 10

God bless the last two, because the top guns aren't doing anything.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If the team showed up for the first 40 minutes, I really think we would have gotten another. We didn't show up until the last 25 minutes of the game. If we have even played like that for one period, or even a half of a period prior to the 3rd, we probably get another goal or two.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I don't wanna.

Me neither.

I'm out.

Screw the gimmick anyway. Give me 8 minutes of 4x4 hockey rather than 5 minutes, and reinstate the tie.

Nobody should get a reward for "losing" anyway. Though it meshes well with the pathetic direction of our weakening society.

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
Walked away with a point from a west coast away game against a very good team that would be 2nd in the conference if they were in the east......
Sucks not to get two, but not going to cry about one.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Putting in a cold 41 yr old is asking for an injury.

The OT was so fun to watch, the gimmick is a shame.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
If the team showed up for the first 40 minutes, I really think we would have gotten another. We didn't show up until the last 25 minutes of the game. If we have even played like that for one period, or even a half of a period prior to the 3rd, we probably get another goal or two.

ray bourque is waiting :sarcasm:

Status Quo*

Would it kill this team to actually score in the shootout? They are ****ing pathetic. Henrique has no clue what he's doing in the shootout. When's the last time he hit the net in one?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Dat Jet Lag is a killer...that or they were on Chico's crazy ass flight.

Good news is the point streak stretches to 6 games which we need. Get two points on Saturday now.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I just don't get why Cory is such a dweeb as soon as the game goes to a shootout. My assumption is his "auto drop to knees" style probably hurts in the skills competition. At least with Marty, he'll throw a bunch of different moves at you to try and stop the puck, leaving the shooter with no idea of what to expect. With Schneider, you know he's just going to sit there in the butterfly.

I think he played great and without him NJD wouldn't get a point, but the shootout is a part of the game and he's gotta find a way to stop more pucks in them. Obviously, the skaters need to figure out a way to score too. That attempt by Henrique was sickeningly bad.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Would it kill this team to actually score in the shootout? They are ****ing pathetic. Henrique has no clue what he's doing in the shootout. When's the last time he hit the net in one?

it is really silly that we can't even score one goal. nor seemingly stop one.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
BTW, did Deb dip into her maternity collection in the back of her closet for that top she's wearing?

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
It's just so bad. They really need to change the points system if they insist on keeping this bull **** gimmick, but then the standings wouldn't be the farce that they currently are. The NHL loves it this way. I just see no end in sight. This garbage is going to be around forever.

Can you imagine Gordie Howe taking a shootout attempt? Yeah, me neither.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Walked away with a point from a west coast away game against a very good team that would be 2nd in the conference if they were in the east......
Sucks not to get two, but not going to cry about one.

Yea, I'm at the point where I'm not even THAT upset anymore after these shootout losses because there becoming so routine. This was a pretty damn good point tonight after how horrid they were during the first 40.

Get 2 points on Saturday against a freefalling Coyotes team and I'll be a happy camper.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

They are all bad at it. At least Pete had Zids in the top 3. Pretty much defense and Loki are left to try. Maybe give Ryder and Boucher another look? I don't know

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And I still have to go around with this ****ing clown in my avatar for 24 hours.:shakehead:laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's just so bad. They really need to change the points system if they insist on keeping this bull **** gimmick, but then the standings wouldn't be the farce that they currently are. The NHL loves it this way. I just see no end in sight. This garbage is going to be around forever.

Can you imagine Gordie Howe taking a shootout attempt? Yeah, me neither.

I really hope the league seriously considers going 3 on 3 next year. Enough of the god damn skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad