Speculation: Available Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
I believe the still need to ask for permission to talk to coaches under contract about jobs even if the job is a promotion. Most teams don't stop other teams from doing so though.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I've got a feeling Roy's going to be spending a lot of time in Quebec in the next couple of years. :laugh:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Lots of great Europeans available for 17-18 season
it really doesn't have to be North American coach you know.

Besides, best coaches come from Europe anyways :) ,
so why not European headcoach?.

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Captain Kirk yet.

If Muller is still an assistant in MTL/doesn't have a HC position by next year, he'd be high up my list. I also second whoever suggested Paul Maurice if/when he becomes available.

vannzee

Ruslan Salei fan...
Dec 18, 2010
S.E Michigan
Ken Hitchcock said this week that he is not sold on retiring 100 percent. That could mean that he leaves the Blues who go with Yeo or he stays with St. Louis and Yeo becomes available.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Kruger ! Kruger ! Kruger !

Southhampton is not an incredibly rich club and maybe he will be inclined to return to hockey

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Kruger ! Kruger ! Kruger !

Southhampton is not an incredibly rich club and maybe he will be inclined to return to hockey

I don't think they'll need to hold a telethon for Southampton. ;)
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-leagues-richest-clubs-how-6293748

I would be very surprised if Kruger left his Chair position to return to coaching hockey. Taking on the Team Euro challenge was IMO more for ***** and giggles than trying to position himself for a coaching offer.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Eugh none of the guys mentioned above. McPhee seems a bit too old school which is concerning but if he's flexible then a proven AHL winning coach would be a better bet imo or an NHL guy like Dineen/Muller who were decent in their first NHL stint and have probably improved and picked up since then.

Mike Sullivan, Cooper, Bednar, Peters, etc....need to think along these lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad