Mar 17, 2015
Hartley
Green
Keefe
Boughner

as a fan who just went through a coaching search I should know more than this

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Best to wait until next year to get a coach to see if any other coaches become available.

For example, Julien could end up being made available if the Bruins again fail to make the playoffs next season.

Last edited:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Best to wait until next year to get a coach to see if any other coaches become availalbe.

For example, Julien could end up being made available if the Bruins again fail to make the playoffs next season.
Yeah, no reason to rush the coaching hire. A whole bunch of names probably become available after the end of next season. Someone always gets fired.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The guy I wanted instead of Tortorella here in Columbus was Ralph Krueger. He's coaching Team Europe in the World Cup Of Hockey, so maybe he might be available again.

segelrj

Jun 22, 2016
Ohio via Las Vegas
Would've been amazing to get Gulutzan, Wranglers fans really, really loved him, and a more mature, experienced Gulutzan would've been perfect in my opinion to lead the franchise.

Steve Carp from the LVRJ, a big Islanders fan, posted this little write up on five potentials: http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/hockey-vegas/5-potential-coaches-the-new-las-vegas-nhl-franchise

He has:
Paul MacLean (Anaheim asst)
John Torchetti (Detroit asst)
Travis Green (Utica HC)
Mike Kitchen (Chicago asst)
Claude Julien (Boston HC)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Would've been amazing to get Gulutzan, Wranglers fans really, really loved him, and a more mature, experienced Gulutzan would've been perfect in my opinion to lead the franchise.

Steve Carp from the LVRJ, a big Islanders fan, posted this little write up on five potentials: http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/hockey-vegas/5-potential-coaches-the-new-las-vegas-nhl-franchise

He has:
Paul MacLean (Anaheim asst)
John Torchetti (Detroit asst)
Travis Green (Utica HC)
Mike Kitchen (Chicago asst)
Claude Julien (Boston HC)
I really hope he gets a real shot as a HC. He filled in well post Yeo in MN and think he could have done a good job here, but the moment Boudreau became available, it was a no brainer decision that BB had to be the guy.

Torch wouldn't be a bad choice for Vegas IMO.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I might as well be the first Jets fan to suggest Paul Maurice. I doubt that he will be available for your inaugural season but I think there are some questions as to whether he is the right coach for an increasingly young team like the Jets. However, for your first couple of seasons, he could be a good choice for pulling together a bunch of veteran players from other teams.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I think they'll wait a little while, got to get a GM first. :laugh:

Gulutzan would have been pretty awesome just for the Vegas connection, but I'm glad he is where he is now. :laugh:

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Claude Noel. He's already done the "inaugural season in a new city" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad