Speculation: Available Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
The guy I wanted instead of Tortorella here in Columbus was Ralph Krueger. He's coaching Team Europe in the World Cup Of Hockey, so maybe he might be available again.

Krueger is excellent. He was awesome in Edmonton and he knows how to run a great power play. Players would love him and I think the city of Las Vegas would enjoy his personality as well

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Krueger is excellent. He was awesome in Edmonton and he knows how to run a great power play. Players would love him and I think the city of Las Vegas would enjoy his personality as well

krueger actually got something out of the oilers a couple seasons back

still baffling that they'd fire him but its the oilers. the guy definitely deserves another shot at a HC gig

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
I'd rather see if thee are any options mid season before making this decision.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I wouldn't have minded Boudreau as the first coach. He may not be the greatest decision maker and strategist in the playoffs but he's an excellent regular season coach and his ability to elevate the play of players you wouldn't expect to be impact players is fantastic. That quality would've been perfect for a roster made up of spare parts. Shame he took the Minnesota job.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
krueger actually got something out of the oilers a couple seasons back

still baffling that they'd fire him but its the oilers. the guy definitely deserves another shot at a HC gig

I wont say anything about Krueger being fired cause this thread doesn't deserve that.

He knew how do identify his players strengths and knew how to cast his players in roles that would allow them the best chance to succeed.

the team also played a pretty exciting style of hockey and the guy truly enjoys the game and has a pretty warm and upbeat personality.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
McPhee likes an explosive game, I'm guessing LV will have an offensive-minded coach

The team wont have the personnel for that type of game, at least initially.

You will have 4 lines of 2nd/3rd line tweeners but great goaltending and defense.

While its the worst form of hockey there is, a trap system would be ideal for the initial squad to play.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Marc Crawford.

Coaches an exciting brand of hockey.

Quite surprised he hasn't been brought back from Switzerland.

He has interviewed for a couple positions though.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
You must have missed it. He's working for the Ottawa Senators under Guy Boucher.

he may be an assistant for the 16-17 season, but Crawford has been wanting to get back into the league as a head coach for a long time. If he was given the opportunity to go from being the assistant in Ottawa to HC of Vegas in 17-18, he'll be on a plane going southwest in a New York minute

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
he may be an assistant for the 16-17 season, but Crawford has been wanting to get back into the league as a head coach for a long time. If he was given the opportunity to go from being the assistant in Ottawa to HC of Vegas in 17-18, he'll be on a plane going southwest in a New York minute

Don't teams have to ask for permission to speak to other teams coaching staff? I could be wrong about this though. I know teams have to receive permission to talk to fired coaches.

If this is true, Ottawa may as well not give permission to Vegas to contact Crawford.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Don't teams have to ask for permission to speak to other teams coaching staff? I could be wrong about this though. I know teams have to receive permission to talk to fired coaches.

If this is true, Ottawa may as well not give permission to Vegas to contact Crawford.

I'm not an expert at all, but isn't the permission only required if the move is lateral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad