GDT: Autoloss Part The Next: Pop Gun | Philadelphia Flyers @ Carolina Hurricanes | 7:30 PM

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
When the Bruins-Sabres incident happened with John Scott, Milbury went on a rampage against all things Sabres...coach, GM, owner. Literally everyone.

I am beginning to think he's got early onset of some disease, he's losing control of his emotions.

I love it. Just no filter. These guys suck and I'm gonna tell you all about it.

bluedevil58*

Malhotra... this is inspirational. The team can build from this one.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
No Bagskate, everyone did not contribute to this win. Cyclops, Invisible, Lead Goose, Fats, and Pete Dawg did. Everybody else, aside from Hobbit and Murderer, did nothing.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Except...his opinions carry very little weight. Everyone knows he's an idiot.

Still loved it. He was right. It's just like melrose. Failed careers in the game, in the end anyways, but they're both pretty much dead on right more than most when they're on the screen. Nothing new school politically correct everyone loves everyone about it.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I don't get how anyone's offended by what he said. That was one of the worst games of hockey I've ever seen.

Then Malhotra in the post game says "I think we played our game tonight."

:laugh:

Yes, yes, I think you did, Canes.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Still loved it. He was right. It's just like melrose. Failed careers in the game, in the end anyways, but they're both pretty much dead on right more than most when they're on the screen. Nothing new school politically correct everyone loves everyone about it.

I don't know. A game where Hurricanes had 38 shots, Mason played great, Peters was solid. It wasn't THAT bad. Well, not top 5 worst ever.

I remember Devils games in the mid 90s where the total shots were in the mid 30s. Those years were painful, gouge my eyes out bad.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Defensively, we did a pretty good job of trapping the Flyers.

Offensively we still blow, and will continue to blow until we score an ES goal.

Whatever, on to the Islanders. We usually own them 5v5, so there is hope!!

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Ok so it's an exaggeration, but it's still good to see someone call out a bad game when they see one. We were all clowning both teams all throughout the thread, then the guy on the tv says exactly the same things we're saying here. We're prone to melodrama around here, it's always good to see someone agree that what we are watching is pretty bad.

Slim Cognito*

HOCKEY IS BACK IN CAROLINA AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
I have to agree with many here, that was an awfully boring game.

Both teams lacking confidence and out of sync.

It was the battle of the suck. In the end, even though manny scored with his limited eyesite, we still only won a game by playing less crappy than another crappy team. Mason aside, the flyers were crap. So were we, for the most part.

Last edited:

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
Ok, so I feel bad for tuning in to 99.9 for the first time this season tonight, but I got a good laugh at the first caller... "I feel like with Justin Peters playing the way he has been we are legitimate contenders, but what do you guys think?" :laugh:

Slim Cognito*

Ok, so I feel bad for tuning in to 99.9 for the first time this season tonight, but I got a good laugh at the first caller... "I feel like with Justin Peters playing the way he has been we are legitimate contenders, but what do you guys think?" :laugh:
Hey, that could have been someone on this board, you know. ;)

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
It was a pretty awful game up until the Gerbe's roughing penalty. We had only a couple of good scoring opportunities and the Flyers blew some pretty obvious ones.

But then, the end was so action packed I can't exactly recollect the order of things.

When they reviewed Hartnell's goal, that probably gave time for Muller and co to discuss the matters at hand. There were a few blown calls by the refs like the delay of game and the obvious highstick from Dwyer. Somewhere in between the action the Staal bros (and Tlusty) set up a beaut.

Malhotra ices it in overtime and what a comeback story!

Just goes to show that Millsbury clearly over exaggerated by calling this a top 5 worse game in 40 years.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Never listen to 99.9

Either the callers will be ridiculously ignorant and Mike will attempt to correct that or the callers will bring up good points and criticisms and Mike will homer those criticisms away

get tanked

Apr 8, 2011
Rofleigh
I don't know. A game where Hurricanes had 38 shots, Mason played great, Peters was solid. It wasn't THAT bad. Well, not top 5 worst ever.

I remember Devils games in the mid 90s where the total shots were in the mid 30s. Those years were painful, gouge my eyes out bad.

Hope you stopped watching the Devils since then. Devils-Flyers 3 nights ago had a total 35 shots. Really, this game can't have been that bad.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Milbury's just ticked because when this game was first put on the NBCSN schedule, the game was supposed to be high scoring if nothing else.

Jun 13, 2010
NC
Murphy played 25 minutes tonight. Thought he was pretty effective on both ends of the ice, especially on offense.

PP really needs some motion in it though, it's painful to see Semin and Murphy just pass the puck back and forth until one of them can take a shot that doesn't reach the net.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Murphy played 25 minutes tonight. Thought he was pretty effective on both ends of the ice, especially on offense.

PP really needs some motion in it though, it's painful to see Semin and Murphy just pass the puck back and forth until one of them can take a shot that doesn't reach the net.

This. The urge to scream "MOVE YOUR ****ING FEET" was almost irresistible tonight.

--hank

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
Boring? I have no idea what everyone is talking about...I walked in my house and turned the game on when there was 8 min left in the 3rd. Great hockey game!!

I bet NBC is happy that's the only appearance for the Canes.

Either way, ill take the win. Manny laying the hit and barring the breakaway was the best moment I have seen in a while as a Canes fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad