Autograph Signings

usualsuspect434

May 18, 2010
Saskatoon, SK
Great thread. Much appreciated and timely for some questions I had about the process.

I live in Saskatchewan, so I don't get to see too many Flyer games in person. That being said, my dad managed to land some tickets to the Flyers/Jets game this Saturday - kind of an early Christmas present. Very much looking forward to it (obviously!)....hoping for a little defence this time around, but I wouldn't mind double digit goals again either. :)

Part 2 of the gift was that he got me a Schenn jersey (being a fellow Saskatoon boy) and he was hoping to get it signed, this weekend if possible. Do you guys have any idea what the road schedule is like? I know they play Thursday night in Philly. Would they practice Friday in Winnipeg, or is that just a travel day? If there IS a practice, any chance there's an opportunity to catch a signature??

And I guess backing it up a bit, do injured players even travel with the team? Would Schenn even be in the building, and if so, what would he be doing during the practice?

Sorry, lots of questions I know....I'm just trying to figure out the process and see if it's even possible to do this weekend. Might just be easier to ring his doorbell in the offseason (assuming he comes back to S'toon) but it wouldn't be as good a story!!

Thanks!
:cheers:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Great thread. Much appreciated and timely for some questions I had about the process.

I live in Saskatchewan, so I don't get to see too many Flyer games in person. That being said, my dad managed to land some tickets to the Flyers/Jets game this Saturday - kind of an early Christmas present. Very much looking forward to it (obviously!)....hoping for a little defence this time around, but I wouldn't mind double digit goals again either. :)

Part 2 of the gift was that he got me a Schenn jersey (being a fellow Saskatoon boy) and he was hoping to get it signed, this weekend if possible. Do you guys have any idea what the road schedule is like? I know they play Thursday night in Philly. Would they practice Friday in Winnipeg, or is that just a travel day? If there IS a practice, any chance there's an opportunity to catch a signature??

And I guess backing it up a bit, do injured players even travel with the team? Would Schenn even be in the building, and if so, what would he be doing during the practice?

Sorry, lots of questions I know....I'm just trying to figure out the process and see if it's even possible to do this weekend. Might just be easier to ring his doorbell in the offseason (assuming he comes back to S'toon) but it wouldn't be as good a story!!

Thanks!
:cheers:

I'm almost sure that IR players do not travel with the team... at least not normally, not as a rule... Only if the player is a the point of being off IR and day to day, and might play on the trip. They stay put and rehab at their normal facility as far as I'm aware.

Now this being a 'special' game for him, in his home area, I suppose he could make the trip if up to it, and it doesn't adversely effect his rehab... but I would doubt it and if I were you I'd make plans to stop by his house this Off-Season.

But please keep in mind that I have no insider information on this... Good luck... and enjoy the upcoming Flyers win. :)

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I Believe in G-Sus
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia
I guess you catch them on a bad day they can be cold. They are human too

I'm not talking about an off day, I'm talking about ones that are just...obvious. Like ones where they'll blatantly ignore you and not even look up...not even respond to a thank you. Those are the ones I named. Metropolit insulted Propp...Propp signed the crest and Metro asked "Who's this?" I told him, he said "I don't care, never heard of him" and then he glared at me for some reason, like I insulted him. Maybe Propp killed his family or something, but he was a jerk to my friend, as well.

I can't speak highly enough of Briere, Hartnell, and Lappy. Briere was cordial to every person, made eye contact, smiled, and took his time with the sig. Hartnell...ok I hated him until I met him. He literally made me a "fan" just by being so nice and personable. He held a conversation with me. Lappy, enough words can't be said. When I met him, it was after the first puck to the face when he looked like predator, and he STILL showed up, tried to speak to everyone, and attempted a smile, even though he was missing a face. Anytime I saw him at training camp, I'd get a warm response if I said anything. Dude is a gentleman.

I'm not some idiot that says "oh lulz he ignored my high five attempt what a jerk." You can read people, you can tell what they're like generally. If I couldn't, they're in my indifferent category. I only named the blatant jerks and gentlemen.

usualsuspect434

May 18, 2010
Saskatoon, SK
I'm almost sure that IR players do not travel with the team... at least not normally, not as a rule... Only if the player is a the point of being off IR and day to day, and might play on the trip. They stay put and rehab at their normal facility as far as I'm aware.

Now this being a 'special' game for him, in his home area, I suppose he could make the trip if up to it, and it doesn't adversely effect his rehab... but I would doubt it and if I were you I'd make plans to stop by his house this Off-Season.

But please keep in mind that I have no insider information on this... Good luck... and enjoy the upcoming Flyers win. :)

Much appreciated!

flyaz4life

Mar 25, 2010
Woodbridge, Ontario
NHL Winter Classic Autographs??

has anyone who lives in philly heard of any "fan fair" activities or someway of getting autographs from alumni and current players during the winter classic festivities?

I am from toronto so i figure some of you hometown flyer fans would have the answers

I realize its early, if you guys dont have any idea, ill bump this thread closer to the day!

GO FLYERS GO!!!

zamboni88

Oct 30, 2006
Orlando, Florida
Last Wednesday I took my 7 year old son to see his first Flyers game in Tampa. Took a short walk over to the Westin Hotel where we knew the team was staying. My son hoped to get his Claude Giroux All Star Jersey signed and also collect a few autographs on his "Flyers Fan Parking Only Sign".

With the team bus parked directly in front of the hotel, nearly the entire team made the short walk over to sign for him. Classy guys all the way.

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG01521.jpg

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
Jody Shelley will be signing at the MacDade Mall in glenolden, Thurs. nov. 18th from 7 to 11 p.m. .........this is from the same source puckboy uses so it's as accurate as they come.

Mosetter27

So.... I just atteneded the Wayne Simmonds signing. All I can say is WOW... Simmonds is the nicest person I have ever met and he was very genuine. My son who is 3 years old LOVES Simmonds so before the season like last year I asked him whos jersey he wants. He said Simmonds. So I got him a Simmonds jersey and he rocks it with pride. When Wayne saw my sons toddler Simmonds jersey he lit up like a christmas tree. He was truly thankful that my son chose him. Although there was a minor confusion about the times, It was supposed to start at 6:30 and he got there at 6:40 saying I thought it was at 7 and he apologized to the first group that went in. I can not say the same for the other groups but I'm sure he did. Simmonds has earned a fan in me for life no matter what jersey he's wearing!

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
It costs $95 dollars for Jagr to sign my Jersey?

Welllllllllllll.... ****.

Guess I'll buy a Jagr jersey then shell out the money for him to sign it.

Really wish the Flyers Wives Carnival autograph tickets were still on sale.

Mosetter27

It costs $95 dollars for Jagr to sign my Jersey?

Welllllllllllll.... ****.

Guess I'll buy a Jagr jersey then shell out the money for him to sign it.

Really wish the Flyers Wives Carnival autograph tickets were still on sale.

Yeah it kind of sucks... but I believe it will be worth it imo

a new signing coming up

Matt Read and Harry Z. will be at Carls Cards on December 16 Time is stil TBD $20 each $35 for both (1 autograph per ticket)

bryzgalovsky*

Great season to get autographs if you're lucky enough to meet some of the younger guys who could be big for this team.

OriginJM

Feb 4, 2010
Yeah it kind of sucks... but I believe it will be worth it imo

a new signing coming up

Matt Read and Harry Z. will be at Carls Cards on December 16 Time is stil TBD $20 each $35 for both (1 autograph per ticket)

Thanks a lot for these. I'm going to go to a ton of them!

OriginJM

Feb 4, 2010
HAHAHAHAHAH... wow... you know if i wasn't the wierdist person you will ever meet I would be really turned away by that. but im stangely truned on :handclap::yo::pickle::sarcasm:

Then it's going to be a hell of an autograph show.

I'll be at the Read/Howe/Barber ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes