Autograph Signings

Mosetter27

I noticed that we don't have a thread here for official autograph signings for the Flyers. There are quite a few coming up so I figured I'd plug them to whomever may be interested

Wayne Simmonds will be at the Oxford Valley Mall (Georges Cards) on Tuesday November 15 from 6:30 - 8:00... all autographs will be $20

Ilya Bryzgalov will be at the Deptford Mall (BC Collectables) on Sunday November 20 from 2:00 - 4:00... photos/puck $59 jersey/equipment - $69 ... Inscriptions $20

JVR will be at the Vorhees Town Center (formerly the Echelon Mall) on Friday December 9 from 7:00 - 8:30.. 8x10 & pucks - $30 Large photos and equipment $60 (tickets go on sale this Friday November 18)

Jagr will be at Sports Integrity (in Turnersville, NJ on the black horse pike next to Aversas Bakery) Time is still TBD on Sunday December 11.... regular items $85 premiums $95 inscriptions $30

I was talking to the owner of Sports Integrity today when I went in to buy my tickets and he said he will also be having Giroux & Coutier in some time soon as well as other players.. the owners a real nice guy and I told him I would spread the word on the Jagr signing... While I know what your thinking thats alot of money for an autograph signing BUT remember this, your guaranteed a autograph with a ticket. Jagrs autograph signings for the Carnival are already sold out and word on the street is he doesn't do singings outside of team functions quite often. I know there are other alternatives to getting his auto such as hanging around practice and the off chance you see him out and about but both of them situations don't guarantee a autograph.

I figured we can get this thread to keep it going and post all future ones that we may come across...

s3x

Nov 12, 2011
I'm not really familiar with the terms. What exactly does basic, premium and inscription mean? For example, if i bring a jersey to the Jagr signing and want him to write something personal on it, or if I bring my Jagr Peanut Butter jar, what categories do they fall into?

EDIT: Nevermind, I understand.

Last edited:

Oowatanite

Aug 20, 2010
Ontario
You should not get any hockey cards signed unless it's for your own personal collection and don't plan on selling. It ruins the value of the card because their is no way to authenticate it.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I wish I could go - but, I'm already coming up from TX to the Flyers Carnival..> All the way from TX.

Unfortunately, the Jagr autograph sessions are alls old out... I could only get in for the photo session.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
Thanks for this. I'm not far from Oxford Valley Mall I'll stop by there to meet Simmonds if I have time. Where do you find this type of stuff? I'd love to know when any Flyer not named Jody Shelley is doing autographs near by.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I've never been to an autograph signing where you have to pay for tickets. Why do they charge more to sign a jersey if they are not providing it for you (I'm assuming they don't provide you with a jersey)? That seems a bit silly.

Nuclear

Jun 15, 2004
PA
Wow!!! These prices are very high.

I don't know what the prices are now, but the last time I went to the Flyers Wives Carnival back in 2004, high demand players autographs were $15 and regular players were $10.

Mosetter27

I wish I could go - but, I'm already coming up from TX to the Flyers Carnival..> All the way from TX.

Unfortunately, the Jagr autograph sessions are alls old out... I could only get in for the photo session.

If you find the contact info of the jagr signing he will get pucks and all signed and mail them out

As far as finding this stuff I just search regularly and I know a few people who do this stuff for a living, booking signings that is...

The reason the price is higher for a jersey is simply because these people who host the signing have to pretty much expect everything that is signed is basically to resell so yeah

Mosetter27

Wow!!! These prices are very high.

I don't know what the prices are now, but the last time I went to the Flyers Wives Carnival back in 2004, high demand players autographs were $15 and regular players were $10.

Things have changed pre sold guys are now 25-30 and all others are 20-25

The only truly hgh one is jagr and the reason because of that is 1 the price to get jagr in there in the first place and 2 he's rare to do signings outside of team functions

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
If you find the contact info of the jagr signing he will get pucks and all signed and mail them out

As far as finding this stuff I just search regularly and I know a few people who do this stuff for a living, booking signings that is...

The reason the price is higher for a jersey is simply because these people who host the signing have to pretty much expect everything that is signed is basically to resell so yeah

I know that I could buy something autographed if I reallyw ant to.

But being there for it - is part of it. And by seeing it done with my own eyes, I won't always be wondering if its real or not....

For what it is costing me to go, I could have bought something signed by both Giroux and Jag, and saved a lot of $. But being there is part of it.

I have other autographs I bought in the past (not hockey related). Even when bought from the person's website directly, I always wonder if its really "real."

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
This is an honest question for anyone who is eager to get autographs. Do you do it so that you can sell stuff for a higher price later on, or do you genuinely care about the signature you're going to get? I can understand the former, but just never could understand why anyone would pay for an autograph. I mean, it's just a signature or a fake personal inscription, isn't it?

Mosetter27

This is an honest question for anyone who is eager to get autographs. Do you do it so that you can sell stuff for a higher price later on, or do you genuinely care about the signature you're going to get? I can understand the former, but just never could understand why anyone would pay for an autograph. I mean, it's just a signature or a fake personal inscription, isn't it?

I care for the auto and have a nice collection that is displayed in my 3 year old sons room.

Can't you get alot of these guys to sign after practices at the skatezone

Yes and No. Not all players stop and sign when leaving in their cars. Unless you are in the know at the rink you cant go past the "gate" towards the doors of the flyers locker room entrance. You can occasionally catch a player who has kids entered in the hockey and skating programs out in the main lobby waiting for/watching their kids. There have been times I went to the practice and walked away with 3 or 4 pucks and what not signed by some of the players. There have been times where I stood there with sign from my 3 year old directed to a certain players for an hour and a half in the cold of the rink and got no acknowledgement. So it can go either way.

Flyers845

Jan 19, 2006
Philadelphia Pa
I got my Briere black jersey signed at the meet the team event for sth his first season he made it out to me and his signature is huge on the number 4 says to Greg all the best it's been hanging in my room since.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I got my Briere black jersey signed at the meet the team event for sth his first season he made it out to me and his signature is huge on the number 4 says to Greg all the best it's been hanging in my room since.

To me that Meet the Team event is the best and most enjoyable way -- if you don't mind long waits for key players -- and I had Briere sign mine just as you did and he did it as he did yours... Danny takes the most time to do it neatly and very legible and personalize it to me with those extra unrequested words... and took the time to look each fan in the eye and hold the stare it as he gave a huge grin the entire time.

I found Hartnell the funniest and one of the most honest... Knuble also goes the extra mile with his autograph and talk.

For the most part most Flyers players are super courteous... Carter acted like he couldn't be bothered... and with York and Calder at the Dinner with the Flyers, during that awful season, I felt like ripping up the autographs after they signed... York didn't even stop noshing and look at me... Kappy was so cool and friendly to each person.

Foppa was the most intimidating, and also the first I approached... major mistake on my part... He looked at me as if I was insane -- which I am. haha

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas

I get autos for myself - to hand up in my house. I don't do it to resell and make $

Flyers845

Jan 19, 2006
Philadelphia Pa
Yeah Briere is a class act I didn't even ask him to do that. But you got other players who are stuck up dan carcillo for one. He has no need to be either guy scores 5 goals a year on average

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Yeah Briere is a class act I didn't even ask him to do that. But you got other players who are stuck up dan carcillo for one. He has no need to be either guy scores 5 goals a year on average

Carcillo signed for me through the mail. I don't think he's too stuck up.

Last edited:

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I Believe in G-Sus
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia
I get autographs just to collect them, I wouldn't resell them.

My experiences has varied:

Super nice: Hartnell, Briere, Bryz, Knuble, Kapanen, Lappy, Propp, Boucher
Indifferent: Emery, Pronger, Timonen, Coburn, Richards, Smith, Gagne, Parent
Jerks: Metropolit, Upshall, Carter

I met more, just can't think of them. I have around 20-30 on the crest of a jersey. I also have a Richards jersey signed. Last year I moved on to pucks, this year I'm going with game pucks since they look by far the best.

BeCar9

Jun 29, 2009
Philly
www.myspace.com
Claude Giroux and JVR will be at the Willow Grove Mall (Dynasty Sports) on Dec. 16 from 6:30 PM-7:30 PM. $45 for Giroux (any item) $35 for JVR (any item) and $70 for a combo.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I guess you catch them on a bad day they can be cold. They are human too

In the case of Carter the times I met him were indoors, cozy and warm.

...Some players just seem to really enjoy meeting the fans and sign seemingly with the knowledge that it means a lot to the fans and they go the extra mile to get across to the fans that they too enjoy meeting them and appreciate their following... Briere is a perfect example -- I'm really not trying to put words into players' mouths... merely stating how I feel about it.

With some players -- such as Carter -- it is apparent that they do not really like it for one reason or another... They do so with a smile, but still with an air of indifference, and do not go that extra mile... They sign without really holding your eyes and at times while holding conversations with their attendants, as if they were doing something they know they have to do and are making sure that they are not bored in the process... It is fine if they do that I guess, it is what it is. From all I hear Carter will talk no hockey with people who talk to him but will talk their ears off if they talk fishing to him. In the end adults get what they want... and kids do also, as I'd imagine they are warmer to kids -- which IMO is what it is really all about -- how could they not.

Some players such as Giroux are young and feeling their way through the process and may not be as outgoing and are still kinda shy... In the end I find most Flyers players to be sociable, giving of their limited time off the ice and training, and they seem very sincere... Most.

Now I have to add that some of us fans are rude to them and also demanding... The worst of us are far worse than the worst of them, IMO.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
Claude Giroux and JVR will be at the Willow Grove Mall (Dynasty Sports) on Dec. 16 from 6:30 PM-7:30 PM. $45 for Giroux (any item) $35 for JVR (any item) and $70 for a combo.

Thank you! Definitely gonna go to that. Gonna get a Winter Classic Jersey signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00