Auston Matthews out for min 4 weeks with shoulder injury (Mod warning #70)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think commentators on HNIC mentioned that he has a history of injuries on that shoulder. Shoulder injuries can be really troublesome.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Seriously does suck for the dude. As someone else mentioned, really lucky for the Leafs that JT is there. The games are better when players like Matthews are healthy for them. Wishing a speedy recovery to the dude.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Kid is a stud. Sucks for the league to miss one of its premier players. Flukey injury for him. If he keeps his pace when he returns he will make a ton of money in his next contract. But I think his value just went from 12 to 10.5

Reactions: dukeofjive

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I think commentators on HNIC mentioned that he has a history of injuries on that shoulder. Shoulder injuries can be really troublesome.
The shoulder he injured last year was the other side I am pretty sure but I also heard he had a shoulder injury at some point before he was drafted.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Yeah - but I read the other day it’s his other shoulder this time. I don’t know if that’s true personally. IMO it doesn’t matter though, it looked like a very awkward (but clean) hit..it coulda hurt anybody

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Fortunately the leafs play some crappy teams over the next 4 weeks. Teams that they can beat with both Matthews AND Tavares injured. Calgary, Dallas, vegas, New Jersey, Philly. Some of these Kadri could play first line centre for, and hes filling in at 2 now.

I think they take this in stride.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I was expecting worse after I saw the hit and how much pain he was in, so I'm gonna take that as good news for the leafs. (and please don't mistake that for good news he's injured)

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Hall and RNH had shoulder troubles early on in their careers. Once they got surgery they've been fine.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Yeah - but I read the other day it’s his other shoulder this time. I don’t know if that’s true personally. IMO it doesn’t matter though, it looked like a very awkward (but clean) hit..it coulda hurt anybody
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's his other shoulder. A hit like that when you're not expecting it or bracing for it could injure your shoulder, every time. Doesn't have much to do with history with a hit like that.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Really unfortunate. Cutting hard to the net is something everyone likes but with the speed and size involved in plays like that, injuries are bound to happen.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Hall and RNH had shoulder troubles early on in their careers. Once they got surgery they've been fine.

This is true but it takes time to heal and I believe both had surgery in the off season to correct the issues. Hopefully this will be the end of Matthews injuries but I suspect he will need surgery at some point to patch him up properly.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
4 weeks ouch......damn, at least it wasn’t a concussion injury again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad