Auston Matthews out for min 4 weeks with shoulder injury (Mod warning #70)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Just a reminder that there are a ton of star players who had tons of injury history in their younger playing days and eventually figured it all out. Barkov was one, Crosby another. Even Malkin went almost a decade without playing a full season.

So this doesn't mean he is somehow a bad player. It just really sucks :/
Who ever said he was a bad player?

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Hilarious for sure! nothing funnier.

Look, I know you're a salty fan that overreacts and reads more than there is into comments on the internet. What's hilarious is that a mod took something way out of proportion and distorted my comment (kind of like you just did).

I'm not happy Matthews was hurt. I just appreciate the irony of me being right.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Look, I know you're a salty fan that overreacts and reads more than there is into comments on the internet. What's hilarious is that a mod took something way out of proportion and distorted my comment (kind of like you just did).

I'm not happy Matthews was hurt. I just appreciate the irony of me being right.

Just leave the thread man, this is not a good look.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Fortunately the leaks play some crappy teams over the next 4 weeks. Teams that they can beat with both Matthews AND Tavares injured. Calgary, Dallas, vegas, New Jersey, Philly. Some of these Kadri could play first line centre for, and hes filling in at 2 now.

I think they take this in stride.
Very optimistic... this is actually bad news for the Leafs.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
The lesson in all this? Matthews really, really needed a random phantom assist in his rookie season.

70 pOiNts HeRdEeDeRp

Reactions: DriveFor9th

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It was a nothing hit as well. Guess Matthews is just really injury prone.
Wtf? No it wasn't. It was a pretty hard hit, and Matthews completely absorbed it into his shoulder. Most guys would fall over from a hit like that which would help brace the impact. Trouba is a strong motherf***er

Reactions: Dieseloil

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Very optimistic... this is actually bad news for the Leafs.
of course it is. But you can't expect a team to stay healthy all year, no team does. Looking at the schedule, I just think the problems will be minimized. It may take a couple of those games, like the two against Boston, and one against pittsburgh, and give the other team more of a chance. Maybe instead of 2 or 3 wins from those games, they get 1 or 2. But many of the rest of those games, the Leafs can win without them.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Do you guys still think Matthews is going to be worth 12 mill? His play style sure as hell is worth around that much but with him being this injury prone? Very unfortunate, I want to see him have a full season

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If this thread degenerates into a joke-fest over an injured player, it will be closed.

If this thread degenerates into more bickering between fan bases, it will be closed.

If this thread degenerates into anything that carries the slightest whiff of personal insults, off-topic ramblings, or unqualified medical conclusions, it will be closed.

If you're thinking there's a very narrow path on which this topic can be discussed without being closed, you're correct.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Do you guys still think Matthews is going to be worth 12 mill? His play style sure as hell is worth around that much but with him being this injury prone? Very unfortunate, I want to see him have a full season
Yes he should and will get paid anything he wants. If he gets injured they will get cap space back anyways. They can point at injury history and he can laugh and point at the list of 30 other NHL teams.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Wtf? No it wasn't. It was a pretty hard hit, and Matthews completely absorbed it into his shoulder. Most guys would fall over from a hit like that which would help brace the impact. Trouba is a strong mother****er

I don't think many people fully understand this. Even if Matthews was against the boards it wouldn't have been as bad because Matthews would have hit to boards with the other side of his body allowing it to eat some of the energy from the hit. The way the hit happened all the energy went into the one shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->