Recalled/Assigned: Audy-Marchessault and Erixon called up, Calvert to IR

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
@Aportzline "#CBJ coach Todd Richards hinted that LW Colton Gillies might draw in for Jonathan Audy-Marchessault on Tuesday vs. #LAKings."

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
@RobMixer "#CBJ D John Moore just left practice."

@RobMixer "Todd Richards said John Moore's issue is lower body, and he's currently being evaluated. Will know more later today. #CBJ"
I remember, earlier this offseason, arguing that what had happened to our blueline last year in terms of regular injuries and guys out at any given time was something of an anomaly that was extremely unlikely to repeat itself.

I think the hockey gods took that as a challenge or something. :facepalm:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
On Saturday nite it was some time late in the second period before I even realized that JAM was playing that nite. I think the elixir might also be called "for the love of Gordie Howe, don't go near the puck" ism.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
if JAM was as good as most here expect him to be. I don't think the Rangers would have let him go. The kid is young and inexperienced and to expect him to play like Brassard or Umberger this early in his career is a bit much.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
On Saturday nite it was some time late in the second period before I even realized that JAM was playing that nite. I think the elixir might also be called "for the love of Gordie Howe, don't go near the puck" ism.

What game were you watching? JAM had a fantastic breakaway and good scoring attempt within the first 5 minutes of the game.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
What game were you watching? JAM had a fantastic breakaway and good scoring attempt within the first 5 minutes of the game.

He did, but for some reason he doesn't seem as fast as Calvert or Atkinson.

That was my impression of him after the Detroit game. Similar ability, slightly slower. Could have been he just wasn't used to the strategy yet and was being extra cautious.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I was late getting seated so I could have missed his breakaway early in the game. But beating others to the puck throughout the game? No.

Hockeygirl2748

He did, but for some reason he doesn't seem as fast as Calvert or Atkinson.

That was my impression of him after the Detroit game. Similar ability, slightly slower. Could have been he just wasn't used to the strategy yet and was being extra cautious.

He's not as fast as either. Not many players are as fast as Calvert, the man always hustles. I do not seem JAM making much of an expression overall this season. He needs to mature and come to camp next season with the mindset that he needs to play well consistently. Not saying he's not a talented kid, just has a huge chip on his shoulder that he needs to lose to really make it.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I was late getting seated so I could have missed his breakaway early in the game. But beating others to the puck throughout the game? No.

Guess you really were not watching the same game. At least twice in the 3rd he beat a Wings player to a puck deep in the Jackets end and one of them would have been an icing.

BTW I am not saying he is the next great thing, but he was far from invisible.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
EspenK;59026089[B said:
]if JAM was as good as most here expect him to be. I don't think the Rangers would have let him go.[/B] The kid is young and inexperienced and to expect him to play like Brassard or Umberger this early in his career is a bit much.

They tried really hard to sign him to an ELC. But he wanted a 3 year ELC with bonus' and the Rangers said no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad