Recalled/Assigned: Audy-Marchessault and Erixon called up, Calvert to IR

arudick

Jan 31, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
JAM reunited with Johansen is a great idea. Get that chemistry going right where it left off. Hopefully it takes off right where it left off in the minors. Maybe Vinny on that line too? Umberger has been noticeably bad this year.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
JAM reunited with Johansen is a great idea. Get that chemistry going right where it left off. Hopefully it takes off right where it left off in the minors. Maybe Vinny on that line too? Umberger has been noticeably bad this year.
I would much rather put a garbage-goal guy like Foligno on that line.

Well, okay, I was going to say Umberger, but after the rest of your post, it didn't seem to fit well. :)

Hockeygirl2748

Actually, that is right on the money. JAM disappeared in Nov/Dec. He turned it on after not getting an invite to CBJ camp. Shame it took getting looked over to get him to play well again. When he's on, he's very good. When he's not, he's pretty invisible.

As for a report on JAM. Chirps a lot. I can see him getting popped in the face within 3 games. :laugh: Playmaker, decent speed, not afraid to get chippy if needed, but not a physical player. Interested to see if he can hang in the NHL.

As for Erixon. His defense is pretty bad. He needs more time in the AHL, but he does add offense. Be prepared for penalties because he hooks and holds when he can not get back in position in time. Strong kid, but does not play physical. I am scared if Savard and Erixon are playing together. :help:

http://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/297024159173705728

Oh my, really Todd? :laugh:

I'm sorry but this is vintage Todd Richards right there.

arudick

Jan 31, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I would much rather put a garbage-goal guy like Foligno on that line.

Well, okay, I was going to say Umberger, but after the rest of your post, it didn't seem to fit well. :)

Umberger from last year or the year before I have no problem with. Maybe it's just me but it seems as if he has some confidence issues this year. He needs to get a spark, a garbage goal maybe, and the rest of his game will pick up. But from my point of view, every time he gets the puck it goes the other way. I've seen one clear shot by him and it was last game vs. Minnesota. Not a bad idea with Foligno though. The game thread says Brassard on a line with him...interesting :confused:

arudick

Jan 31, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Actually, that is right on the money. JAM disappeared in Nov/Dec. He turned it on after not getting an invite to CBJ camp. Shame it took getting looked over to get him to play well again. When he's on, he's very good. When he's not, he's pretty invisible.

As for a report on JAM. Chirps a lot. I can see him getting popped in the face within 3 games. :laugh: Playmaker, decent speed, not afraid to get chippy if needed, but not a physical player. Interested to see if he can hang in the NHL.

As for Erixon. His defense is pretty bad. He needs more time in the AHL, but he does add offense. Be prepared for penalties because he hooks and holds when he can not get back in position in time. Strong kid, but does not play physical. I am scared if Savard and Erixon are playing together. :help:

If Bob is in nets, I wouldn't mind sacrificing a little D to get some scoring. We scored 4 goals once all year, right? I don't feel like looking it up. I think we need to start playing in the early goings of the games. Hard to win when you're constantly coming from behind because you're only starting to play midway through the 2nd period. Nice that we have some stamina and fight, but early goals and we'll start winning more games.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
If Bob is in nets, I wouldn't mind sacrificing a little D to get some scoring. We scored 4 goals once all year, right?

Nope worse than that. We have scored 3 goals in regulation once (1st Detroit game), we did get to three goals in opener (but 3rd was in SO). other 5 games is total of 7 goals 93 games with 2, one with 1, one shutout).

So 13 goals in 7 games. 12 in regulation.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
How's Erixon's ability to clear the net and puck off the boards to the neutral zone? That's the biggest thing I'm worried with Blues. Of course if he's bad position-wise it will show up but imo not more than any other team. But the Blues forecheck and their big speedy forwards are what scare me.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Where everything is always clear as regards pronunciation.

I don't think you've thought that through very far; that's a pretty rough response. Maybe it's just a hiccough on your part, or maybe you're not being thorough. But I won't let you plough me over, though you may want to.

:p:

arudick

Jan 31, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Nope worse than that. We have scored 3 goals in regulation once (1st Detroit game), we did get to three goals in opener (but 3rd was in SO). other 5 games is total of 7 goals 93 games with 2, one with 1, one shutout).

So 13 goals in 7 games. 12 in regulation.

Thanks for that stat correction. Thought that was it but didn't want to sound like I didn't know what I was talking about. Doesn't say much. Not even averaging 2 goals per game. But I think we all saw this coming. Someone has to step up and give us that fire power.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@RobMixer: Matt Calvert has rejoined the group for practice today. Good sign. #CBJ”

“@RobMixer: Calvert wearing a blue practice jersey (nothing injury specific), which would indicate he’s cleared to play. We’ll see after practice. #CBJ”

“@RobMixer: Calvert hasn’t taken many shifts during today’s practice, so his availability for tomorrow is unclear. #CBJ”

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
What is the magic elixir that JAM uses to make himself invisible on the ice?

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
@RobMixer "#CBJ D John Moore just left practice."

@RobMixer "Todd Richards said John Moore's issue is lower body, and he's currently being evaluated. Will know more later today. #CBJ"

@Aportzline "Of all the injured players, #CBJ LW Matt Calvert (lower body) is getting close, Richards said."

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Dalton Prout....you're the next contestant on "Who wants to replace an injured Blue Jacket Defenseman"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad