Post-Game Talk: Audit results are in?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The only way they’ll be gone is if they die.

Ten years outside of the playoffs wasn’t enough to spark any meaningful change. And those teams didn’t have McDavid.
There was plenty of hope for the organization to sell during the decade of darkness. First it was the rebuild that was going to resurrect the 80’s dynasty. After that there was the excitement of the new arena. Finally there was the draft that brought us McDavid. The 80’s dynasty didn’t happen and this is a bad team with Connor McDavid on it. Nobody believes lottery picks are fixing this mess after McDavid couldn’t move the needle.

It’s different now. They’ve run out of hope to sell the fans. Katz isn’t selling out this building after this year without making real changes. We’ll find out what he loves more. Maybe he’ll just sell.

Reactions: TB12 and RegDunlop

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Isles goaltending is fire right now, best in the league and their coach is Trotz.

No surprise here.

Although our pp was brutal.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Few years ago Brendan shanahan told his upper management that everyone in Leafs land had to go. The core was too rotten.

Few weeks after everyone was fired. Some good people I bet. But they all had to go.

I don’t care who’s a nice guy, family guy, goes to church or takes the dog for walk. Fire everyone. I don’t care how many Stanley cups they have with the Oilers. Fire everyone of them

They simply must do this.
This ridiculous never ending era of ineptness will only be put to bed when these fools are shown the door .
Can't they see - or Katz for that matter - that they are detrimental to any growth in this org?

How can this be allowed to go on? If the rumour about only 50 on the ST waiting list, that has to be wake up call for Katz surely?!

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeGrier99

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Nice post but I don't know about the lighting it up thing. The only guy that is a scorer here that isnt' scoring is Connor. Chiasson is seeing a type of coverage he's never seen before and struggling with that. I like the approach of Gagner tonight just getting pucks at net, shooting for rebounds, and he really created like that. We need the garbage goals but Gags should be with two bigger players. We need production from another line to loosen some shackles on the top line coverage.

The really amazing thing is opponents are throwing blankets of coverage at our top line and yet Draisaitl is scoring like ****ing crazy. Even with intense coverage. The goal again today was a thing of beauty. Islanders standing around wondering what happened and might be one of the nicest goals against they've seen in awhile. All of Drai, McD, Klef were great on that play.

The good news here is we outplayed one of the best teams in the league and scored a couple against a stingy Trotz club. It doesn't matter for this season, looks like we're done, but keep playing hard.

Two players that can't be back next year are Brodziak and Rieder. Really disappointed in both. Lucic obviously, but what can we do?

Heres a disturbing thing but by just removing Pulju and inserting Gagner the roster is better.

Lucic should not play another game next uear if this is his performance. Trade with taking on another anchir salary, or simply PB, buy out, whatever. It's not just his abysmal play, its that his presence takes an opportunity away from someone more deserving (and better), as for whatever reason this mngt group is afraid to demote / sit him.

Same thing with Pulji. What's the problem with sending him down? I could care less what was promised to the agent (if true) or what he wants. He is a HUGE bust. Has been since he was drafted. Of course this org did everything wrong in developing him, but there isn't even a competitive player there. Where's the fire? Enough of the kid glove treatment.

And for all those s**tting on Cave, at least the kid look like he gives a s**t, unlike many others.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I heard a legend that there was someone who disliked both the Reinhart and Hall trades. I'm just glad you finally came forward and let yourself be known so we can praise your genius!

I hold a conference once a month in Edmonton. Having a chance to meet my divinity is the only way to salvation..

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Thanks man. Give it 3 listens over time, cover to cover, and see if it doesn't grow with you. On a decent sound system or headphones. Ian Anderson is the lead singer, flautist, and exceptional. Bass and Guitar fantastic. really tight group, not a weak link in the bunch and they were a wonder live. What you'll notice on this album is the songs kind of alternate between ballads and rockers and telling a story and tapestry. Classic English band. So much poetry. I picked videos that give the lyrics which adds to it. My favorites on the Album are Aqualung, Cross eyed Mary, Wondring aloud, Up to me, and the entire 2nd side. really the whole album, haha.

Pay attention as well to how hard the Album goes against organized religion and hypocrisy, Powerful stuff. Wind me up, the last track, finishes that message off pretty well.
One of the best albums of all time. And if you’re a guitar picker like me, a lot of really cool licks to invest yourself in.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Problem that might be as bad as secondary scoring: The D cannot break out to save their LIVES. It really kills the possibility of generating any offense off the rush. With a team of maybe 1 dman that can pass and 3 forwards that can...its no wonder we can't score

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So what exactly do the Oilers management and scouting staff look for in a player? I’m confused cause they definitely don’t value shooters cause we don’t have anyone with a good shot. They obviously don’t value skating cause ours guys move their feet like molasses. WTF are they looking at?! You got a bunch of plugs like MacT who was 3rd line grinder and Lowe who was a stay at home bottom 4 guy. Neither of these assh*les had top end skill and the destruction and “building” of this team started with them. Then Chia gets brought in and he brings in an outdated view of the game of being tough and heavy. Again ZERO focus on things that can lead to goals. Skills, speed, shooting ability, this team has none of that.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Isles goaltending is fire right now, best in the league and their coach is Trotz.

No surprise here.

Although our pp was brutal.

Trotz brought his BFF Mitch Korn in to be the Islanders "director of goaltending".

...and both Lehner and Greiss are having spectacular seasons. Holtby doesn't look (as) good this year. No coincidence there.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
On a positive note, this game probably brought back fond memories for Gagner of actually being a valued NHL player on a shitty team. So many memories probably flooded back for him tonight.

I liked his game tonight BTW, no negatives on him. He did well with his touches, you can kind of already see that he’s more skilled than all the forwards in this team except the big 3.

Kind of sad though that other teams’ AHL fodder automatically becomes our 4th best offensive player. Oh well, guess we’ll take the scraps as long as they are better than our crap.

lazyriver

Jan 1, 2019
Nope, Ive heard they are in big trouble with renewals. Maybe that will wake Katz up enough to do what should have been done years ago but I wouldn’t count on it. The arrogance runs deep and wide.
It looks more and more like they're in trouble with ticket renewals. We have 2 seats lower bowl that we're not renewing, friends of ours have 4 loge seats ($66,000/season) that they're not taking next year. Got a feeling ol' Katz is gonna feel the pain this year.

Oct 15, 2008
Ths team only became an embarrassment when Katz bought it....
He is the only common deniminator.
it matters not whether he purges the entire front office, as long as he remains this team will be in the bottom.
Is that you Kevin? Craig? Katz is the only common denominator? What is it with you that you refuse to acknowledge that these two clowns have been the architects of our destruction? It’s f***in weird. Straight up.

What you say about Katz is true, sadly. Most of us had hope we could finally afford to keep our good players after decades of selling them off when they got good enough we could no longer afford them. Frustrating years those were, but at least the teams worked hard or so it seemed. Now we’ve got a bunch of morning glories gifted top minutes without having to pay any dues and then we wonder why they act self entitled, them they are moved out and painted as poison malcontents who we should be glad to be rid of.

We’ve been gaslighted by Baghdad Bob for too long.

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So what exactly do the Oilers management and scouting staff look for in a player? I’m confused cause they definitely don’t value shooters cause we don’t have anyone with a good shot. They obviously don’t value skating cause ours guys move their feet like molasses. WTF are they looking at?! You got a bunch of plugs like MacT who was 3rd line grinder and Lowe who was a stay at home bottom 4 guy. Neither of these assh*les had top end skill and the destruction and “building” of this team started with them. Then Chia gets brought in and he brings in an outdated view of the game of being tough and heavy. Again ZERO focus on things that can lead to goals. Skills, speed, shooting ability, this team has none of that.
But they have Koskinen, Klef and Russell. Should be enough.:nod:

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
This is the face of the saviour.
if only, .......but I bet we lose out on draw.

jack-hughes-2018-6563.jpg

Wayne Gretzky was a savior.
Mario Lemieux was a savior.
Sidney Crosby was a savior.

Unbelievably only 2 orgs have had them. We are one of them AND...
we have the current one in Conner.

We are almost in last place. We don't need another savior.
We need a restructered management group that know how to run a hockey club.
PERIOD

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Ths team only became an embarrassment when Katz bought it....
He is the only common deniminator.
it matters not whether he purges the entire front office, as long as he remains this team will be in the bottom.

Man I miss those late 90's and early 2000's teams. Even if they did always lose to Dallas.

excepting 1997 of course :naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeGrier99

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Anybody else worried by this tweet? Maybe the OBC has decided that finding a new GM outside of the organization would be too exhausting.

What the hell is Stauffer on about there? Does Keith Gretzky have some legendary reputation of over ripening prospects? Did he come out of Detroit’s system?

Gretzky if he stays is so obviously going to be a conduit for the OBC plus Wayne to run this team from behind the scenes and not have their legendary Oiler statuses tarnished in the process of continued mediocrity.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad