Post-Game Talk: Audit results are in?

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
1-7-2 in last 10....we started in a dog fight for the playoffs....now we are in a dog fight for last place.

Mick David

Feb 10, 2019
Same here. Hard for me to get my kids into hockey when this team is so bad all the time. When I was my son's age I was watching and enjoying hockey and growing a love for the sport. They used to watch with me at times, but it's hard to put them through so much losing. Rather they not watch and hopefully somehow grow a love for the game another way.

As for watching games, I've been watching them early the next day or couple days after. Losses are expected (and the team doesn't disappoint) and then I do other stuff so my mood/day isn't ruined.

I actually thought they played pretty well in this game. More engaged than I've seen of late and 3rd straight game where they outshot the opponent. Sadly, always playing from behind and the opposition scoring easily as we try to even things up.

I don't feel like McDavid is thinking about leaving or getting traded. Crosby missed the playoffs what, 5 of his first 6 years in the league? McDavid isn't there yet but I'm sure he wants to see things change for the better starting next season. Let's not let him get there.

I agree that McDavid is NOT thinking of leaving at all. However, you should brush up on your Googling skills because Crosby was IN THE PLAYOFFS in 4 of his first 5 seasons.

rho

May 30, 2011
Wow I was WAY off! Could have sworn I saw that stat when we played them last week. But I guess that's what happens when I skip through games quickly. Thanks for the correction.

Almost certainly talking about Mario, who missed the playoffs in 5 of his first 6 seasons. To be fair, the Penguins were a playoff-calibre team by his 4th season, but the old Patrick division was very tough.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Also the lack of talent is so drastically impacting our run support potential. For instance two of the Islanders goals were cases of great execution and finish. A pass shot that just doesn't occur with our team, and who seem to need to be reminded to do something as imaginative (and only Drai could finish one) and lacking the kind of snipes that beat us in Carolina and Brooklyn.

Exactly, almost the whole team feels like they are just going through the motions and playing on autopilot. Which leads us chasing the play more often than not.
Other then our top players, there just seems to be a lack of creativity to create chances. Almost every shot the opposition goaltender can easily predict and has a clear visual. What was surprising that Gagner shown that he still has high ability to be imaginative. Pretty crazy he was noticeable, in a good way, compared to most of our forwards, and he has been the AHL the last 37 games. Just ridiculous, definitely an indictment to the creation of this roster. It was so refreshing to see a player other then our top studs being able to do different things to create a scoring chance. I loved that he wants to come back here, even though he knows exactly what it's like to play in this city. Gagner is definitely a warrior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad