Post-Game Talk: Audit results are in?

CM4

Oct 31, 2013
Edmonton
What the hell is Stauffer on about there? Does Keith Gretzky have some legendary reputation of over ripening prospects? Did he come out of Detroit’s system?

Gretzky if he stays is so obviously going to be a conduit for the OBC plus Wayne to run this team from behind the scenes and not have their legendary Oiler statuses tarnished in the process of continued mediocrity.

I don't know who I find worse, Bob Stauffer or Jim Matheson. Just mouth pieces for the Oilers. Ryan Rishaug is also starting to follow in those footsteps.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
It looks more and more like they're in trouble with ticket renewals. We have 2 seats lower bowl that we're not renewing, friends of ours have 4 loge seats ($66,000/season) that they're not taking next year. Got a feeling ol' Katz is gonna feel the pain this year.

Sweet baby jesus, I need to leave the army and do whatever your friends do...

Reactions: dsi and DerpMorg

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Why the **** should he? He was here during Chias reign and did what exactly? Head of scouting and where are the fruits of his labor? One could argue he’s been as bad as head of scouting as Chia was as a GM.

He's been here for two drafts.

Do you really expect the 19 year olds he drafted to be in the NHL?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Why the **** should he? He was here during Chias reign and did what exactly? Head of scouting and where are the fruits of his labor? One could argue he’s been as bad as head of scouting as Chia was as a GM.
Have you seen our AHL team

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He's been here for two drafts.

Do you really expect the 19 year olds he drafted to be in the NHL?

No but if he was exceptional in his role, guys like Pulju and Yamo would have been showing more than they have. I agree on your point though, it’s tough to judge draft picks so early after their draft years. BUT hitting it out of the park with a draft pick here or there early IS possible in this league, that would be exceptional drafting, Keith has definately not done that.

For example, it would have been EXCEPTIONAL for him to have forgone Pulju and went for Tkachuk. Tough move for sure, but smarter GMs and scouting groups could make that call, CBJ for one.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Problem that might be as bad as secondary scoring: The D cannot break out to save their LIVES. It really kills the possibility of generating any offense off the rush. With a team of maybe 1 dman that can pass and 3 forwards that can...its no wonder we can't score

I can't even be bothered to remember what side these numbskulls play.

If we are a cup contender, this is what our D would look like:

xxxx-Klef
xxxx-Larsson
Nurse-Russell (I wouldn;t want either of these guys. Rather find upgrades)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
No but if he was exceptional in his role, guys like Pulju and Yamo would have been showing more than they have. I agree on your point though, it’s tough to judge draft picks so early after their draft years. BUT hitting it out of the park with a draft pick here or there early IS possible in this league, that would be exceptional drafting, Keith has definately not done that.

For example, it would have been EXCEPTIONAL for him to have forgone Pulju and went for Tkachuk. Tough move for sure, but smarter GMs and scouting groups could make that call, CBJ for one.

Usually guys drafted that high(especially Pulju) will be the GM's call over the Head Scout's.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

I’ve always wondered how much due diligence they did on Puljijarvi. They didn’t expect to have a shot at him. Only makes sense they’d have done a lot more on Tkachuk and the few that went immediately after him.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Have you seen our AHL team

I guess they are winning a lot....in the AHL. You know what other team won a lot with almost a 2 wins to 1 loss ration, Todd Nelson’s OKC Barons. And how many players from that team made impacts in the NHL where it really matters? Pretty much none.

So yeh I’m not ready to anoint Keith Gretzky or his scouting staff as accomplishing anything at this point.

Tkachuk over Pulju would have been an accomplishment. Bouchard proving he could stick in his first year would have been an accomplishment. Of course none of these are failures either, I’m just saying he still hasn’t proven to be a success.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Usually guys drafted that high(especially Pulju) will be the GM's call over the Head Scout's.

GMs make their moves on the recommendations of their scouting staff. Yes they make the final call. But if Oilers management had noticed a red flag in Pulju (CBJ was able to) they could have fought hard to prevent the pick from happening or atleast draw some doubt in it. Obviously there was ZERO doubt for Oilers management to take Pulju since they all had a sh*t eating grin on their face when Pulju “fell” to them.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’ve always wondered how much due diligence they did on Puljijarvi. They didn’t expect to have a shot at him. Only makes sense they’d have done a lot more on Tkachuk and the few that went immediately after him.

If they didn’t, that’s a failure. But knowing the Oilers they probably thought Bobby Macs TSN Top draft picks special was enough.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I want Wayne out too.

**** that guy. Dude bolts outta here the first opportunity, then only crawls back when BFF Katz owns things and he isn't accountable.

Fire them all.

I see Wayne as crawling back after not being able to make a hockey career in anywhere BUT Edmonton. Edmonton has always been plans B and C for him, he’d be anywhere but here if someone would hire him.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I see Wayne as crawling back after not being able to make a hockey career in anywhere BUT Edmonton. Edmonton has always been plans B and C for him, he’d be anywhere but here if someone would hire him.

Try plan D or E. Hollywood was more his and Janet's speed.

Reactions: DerpMorg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad