TSN: AUDIO - Pierre McGuire: Bruins can't handle crisis management

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
In before "Pierre just hates us, **** Pierre, now let's get back to how this team is falling apart and can't handle crisis."

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
They are professional athletes, that is their job to win, everything in life has pressure, relationships, kids, jobs.

The team just doesn't have as much talent as it once did and it is showing, not much they can do when you don't have a legitimate goal scorer.

There are 57 players with more goals than Bergeron, Jason Zucker has more goals than anyone on the Bruins, who, I don't know, sad isn't it but this team lacks pure skill and what can you do to turn that around, nothing.

The coach, GM, owner can tell them to play better but when the only plays the Bruins know is to put it back to the point, hope for a tip, or a rebound and put the puck in, something is terribly wrong.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Wouldn't it be cool if the bruins used all this negative media attention as of late as bulletin board material and they have a massive reawakening. "Chara/everyone might get trade" sparks Chara to elevate his game to Norris level for the final stretch before leading the team to a hard fought, emotional Stanley Cup VICTORYYYY WOOOOO :naughty:

That would be cool

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Wouldn't it be cool if the bruins used all this negative media attention as of late as bulletin board material and they have a massive reawakening. "Chara/everyone might get trade" sparks Chara to elevate his game to Norris level for the final stretch before leading the team to a hard fought, emotional Stanley Cup VICTORYYYY WOOOOO :naughty:

That would be cool

Wouldn't be the first time. And yeah, that would be cool.

bbfan1972

Repeat
Aug 25, 2007
Waterloo
Pierre McGuire new Bruins GM starting the 2015-2016 season

Haven't you heard? Pierre McGuire is on every list when a team is looking for a new GM :sarcasm:

I wish I was joking, but the guys on Hockey Central always have a good chuckle about that. Apparently he has info and station every player in the league like Glen Healy.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
As weird as the guy is, he's pretty spot on.

There's so much pressure on everyone, from the FO to the players that it's causing everything to crumble.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
From CKGM Montreal

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/mcguire-chara-hasn-t-looked-the-way-he-used-to-1.211321

Pierre starts talking Bruins 7 minutes in and talks about the state of team.

10 minutes in he says that he senses ownership is putting too much pressure on Neely and in turn Neely is putting too much pressure on the team itself and they can't handle it.

huh??

so in the last few weeks, it's been player after player is 'available', down to Chara now.

then its 'the whole front office is at risk of getting canned if they don't make the playoffs this year'

and now its an ownership which has been pretty much hands off of Chia and Neely is putting to much pressure on Neely who is in turning putting too much pressure on everyone else....

granted I have no idea how involved Charlie is and what he's been doing, but it seems like a total 180... and I am having a hard time putting any faith in any of these stories.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Pierre McGuire new Bruins GM starting the 2015-2016 season

Ftorek as coach

Careful what ya wish for;)

Pierre hardly providing a shocking piece of news, pressure coming from up top, yep, Jacobs addressed this earlier last month publicly, groundbreaking stuff there Pierre

Pretty sure any sane person could figure out Cam/Chia and probably CJ feeling the heat right now

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
10 minutes in he says that he senses ownership is putting too much pressure on Neely and in turn Neely is putting too much pressure on the team itself and they can't handle it.

Exactly the way I see things. As a case in point, there was no need for Jacobs to say that missing the playoffs would be unacceptable. Everyone knows that already. Right now there's just too much negativity surrounding the team starting from up top all the way down to this forum. Help to reverse that reigning in the pessimistic comments.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
huh??

and now its an ownership which has been pretty much hands off of Chia and Neely is putting to much pressure on Neely who is in turning putting too much pressure on everyone else....

granted I have no idea how involved Charlie is and what he's been doing, but it seems like a total 180... and I am having a hard time putting any faith in any of these stories.

Charlie was given the keys to the Boston operation a few weeks ago and he does not want to disappoint his father. It sounds simplistic but that really is what is going on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad