TSN: AUDIO - Pierre McGuire: Bruins can't handle crisis management

mark3361

Nov 1, 2008
Welcome to Boston...dont lose to the Oilers in a "must win" game while collapsing the last two weeks if you dont want pressure.

2011 was a fluke IMO and too many people seem to be living off of that year

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Welcome to Boston...dont lose to the Oilers in a "must win" game while collapsing the last two weeks if you dont want pressure.

As much as im not happy with this season or the decisions that have been made, this level of thinking can actually **** right off

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Pierre is wrong about a lot of things but he is bang on here.Charlie needs ****.

Chia is far from perfect but he has done a better than average job during his time here, not sure how anyone can argue with that.

If Charlie starts to micro-manage we will all watch the B's go the way of the Flyers.

**** happens,things don't always go as planned. This is life.

mark3361

Nov 1, 2008
As much as im not happy with this season or the decisions that have been made, this level of thinking can actually **** right off

Solid response, and people wonder why good posters leave this board.

I can make a pretty reasonable argument that Bruins winning the cup was combination of HOF performance from Thomas, influx of needed pieces and great performances by our "core" which is now five years older and worse despite taking up huge cap space. IMO this core wont win again.

Feel free to debate rationally, or post another crap response

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Solid response, and people wonder why good posters leave this board.

I can make a pretty reasonable argument that Bruins winning the cup was combination of HOF performance from Thomas, influx of needed pieces and great performances by our "core" which is now five years older and worse despite taking up huge cap space. IMO this core wont win again.

Feel free to debate rationally, or post another crap response

None of this says "fluke"

Your first post was crap, and now you're back tracking. Sorry to call you out for it

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Agrees with first part. Second part is foolish.

Cup Win, Cup Finals, Presidents Trophy. Get real.

I suppose the Kings having an off year means their Cup Wins were flukes too?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Pierre is wrong about a lot of things but he is bang on here.Charlie needs ****.

Chia is far from perfect but he has done a better than average job during his time here, not sure how anyone can argue with that.

If Charlie starts to micro-manage we will all watch the B's go the way of the Flyers.

**** happens,things don't always go as planned. This is life.

Not really this is year 4 of inactivity post Cup. First 3 years our cap situation was actually better than this year. Since we have lost to Chicago our organization has been a clown show.

We put all out chips on 2 aging D man and gave away a generational talent and our best D man for very little....and still haven't moved on from overpaid bottom 6 forwards we picked the wrong locker room guy to dump our enforcer....even though we refused to put him in the press box when our rival was exploiting him last spring in the playoffs. Just sheer stupidity.

Someone has to go for driving this team into the gutter since we lost to Chicago the moves made since then have been appalling and warrant ownership intervention. A couple more of those decisions and we become Toronto East.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

what about 2013? was that cup final another fluke as well?

mark3361

Nov 1, 2008
None of this says "fluke"

Your first post was crap, and now you're back tracking. Sorry to call you out for it

Whatever, fluke might be wrong word, but this core will not win again, even with reinforcements that wont come. LA can reload, Mtl can reload, Chi can reload, we cant, we have no prospects and no space.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Not really this is year 4 of inactivity post Cup. First 3 years our cap situation was actually better than this year. Since we have lost to Chicago our organization has been a clown show.

We put all out chips on 2 aging D man and gave away a generational talent and our best D man for very little....and still haven't moved on from overpaid bottom 6 forwards we picked the wrong locker room guy to dump our enforcer....even though we refused to put him in the press box when our rival was exploiting him last spring in the playoffs. Just sheer stupidity.

Someone has to go for driving this team into the gutter since we lost to Chicago the moves made since then have been appalling and warrant ownership intervention. A couple more of those decisions and we become Toronto East.

So ,
2011 Stanley Cup
2012 Blip,cup hangover,next to impossible to repeat
2013 STF
2014 Presidents Cup, second round exit.
2015 to be determined (yes I am aware it does't look good)

So if trades impress you then have at it,but who besides Chicago and L.A. have a better track record in those 5 years.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
So ,
2011 Stanley Cup
2012 Blip,cup hangover,next to impossible to repeat
2013 STF
2014 Presidents Cup, second round exit.
2015 to be determined (yes I am awae it does't look good)

So if trades impress you then have at it,but who besides Chicago and L.A. have a better track record in those 5 years.

damn...we really are spoiled as a fan base. I am so happy I got to be a fan through this section of bruins history though. Helps forget the late 90's-2000's teams!

Anyway..I'd take that fluke team any day!

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Whatever, fluke might be wrong word, but this core will not win again, even with reinforcements that wont come. LA can reload, Mtl can reload, Chi can reload, we cant, we have no prospects and no space.

Montreal will have to load before they can reload, and who exactly are you refering to when you say they can reload, they have nothing in he cupboard.

mark3361

Nov 1, 2008
damn...we really are spoiled as a fan base. I am so happy I got to be a fan through this section of bruins history though. Helps forget the late 90's-2000's teams!

Agreed 4 years ago...not now

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

2011 they got every lucky bounce and had the hot goalie. It wasn't a fluke but everything fell their way. 2013 they came very close to winning the Cup again but it slipped away in Game 4 of the final and they never recovered.

2010 is the biggest 'what if?' as if Savard had not been demolished by Cooke who knows how it would have played out.

Last year they won the President's Cup but had zero things go their way in the Montreal series.

They are simply not an elite team anymore.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site

So Montreal's been 'reloading' since what.. 1990 something?

Awesome post

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Agreed 4 years ago...not now

I think we are having a bad year..I don't think as an organization we are all that doomed. We have a very solid core, lots of younger guys..we have some pretty decent prospects..I don't know..maybe you should take the next 5 years off being a bruins fan and go try a different team and see how they fare...just to get some perspective on things. We won the Presidents trophy last year....last year. We had a whole season of winning games LAST SEASON! we didn't win it all..it sucks...but compared to the vast majority of the NHL...I'm enjoying the ride with the bruins.

We are having a bad year..it happens every so often with teams...as a whole us New England fans really really are the most spoiled.

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
No ****, these guys were world beaters to these same idiots 3 weeks ago.

Things are scary familiar as compared to 2011 but in a good way. A couple pieces will be added and maybe a couple pieces moved out. I envision a strong finish to the regular season and the Bruins are going to make alot of people stand up and take notice.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
The Bruins demise is greatly exaggerated IMO... No way the team is going down like this.

To believe otherwise is kinda crazy.

Many warriors on that lineup. Almost all playing sub-par since game one but still, many warriors. They won't go down easy. They have only once lost a playoffs series in less than 7 since Julien is there (and it took a total collapse in Game 6 against Chi...). Julien hates to lose.

How many team can hold a playoffs spot playing like garbage? Bruins currently do. They could do better and they will. Unlike last year dominating season and crappy playoffs, we'll see a reverse this year with a crappy season and a dominating playoffs. And least, we know they won't go down easy. And that gives them a chance.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Charlie was given the keys to the Boston operation a few weeks ago and he does not want to disappoint his father. It sounds simplistic but that really is what is going on.

I understand that and that's the only wild card in the discussion.

Neely and Chia don't have any track record that I am aware of as far as being reactionary or making knee jerk dissions.

If its charlie that's one thing. But beyond that it seems fishy

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

This core will go down as the best in Bruins history. And the book is not over with Bergeron and Krejci signed for the next many years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad