TSN: AUDIO - Pierre McGuire: Bruins can't handle crisis management

mark3361

Nov 1, 2008
I think we are having a bad year..I don't think as an organization we are all that doomed. We have a very solid core, lots of younger guys..we have some pretty decent prospects..I don't know..maybe you should take the next 5 years off being a bruins fan and go try a different team and see how they fare...just to get some perspective on things. We won the Presidents trophy last year....last year. We had a whole season of winning games LAST SEASON! we didn't win it all..it sucks...but compared to the vast majority of the NHL...I'm enjoying the ride with the bruins.

We are having a bad year..it happens every so often with teams...as a whole us New England fans really really are the most spoiled.

who are the prospects?....we have really expensive guys getting old together that we dont seem to have the gonads to move

I dont think its unreasonable to suggest that we trade/ cycle some people to get new young cheap blood

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Solid response, and people wonder why good posters leave this board.

I can make a pretty reasonable argument that Bruins winning the cup was combination of HOF performance from Thomas, influx of needed pieces and great performances by our "core" which is now five years older and worse despite taking up huge cap space. IMO this core wont win again.

Feel free to debate rationally, or post another crap response

Funny you're saying g that to one of the best posters ALL TIME on HF...

Keep up the comedy. Are you here all week? Should I try the veal?

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
who are the prospects?....we have really expensive guys getting old together that we dont seem to have the gonads to move

I dont think its unreasonable to suggest that we trade/ cycle some people to get new young cheap blood

I'm ok with making some changes..but I just don't think this is the end of seeing a good bruins team...I still like the main group of guys we got and think they can still be competitive in the coming seasons.

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that we trade/ cycle some people to get new young cheap blood...but that wasn't the thing you originally suggested. 2011 was a fluke/or whatever word you wish to use.

I don't think we need to blow up the core or call it quits...the bruins have been a dominate hockey franchise..and I don't mean 4 years ago. I still think we are capable of it. We need to make some adjustments but so does every team.

We have an elite goalie, a top goalie prospect (Subban) I actually think McIntyre might even pan out as something.
Morrow, Arnesson, Grzelcyk
Koko, Pasta, Spooner, Ferlin, Cehlarik, Donato, Griffith.

wait why am I naming all our prospects for you...go look it up. I think we have a solid group of young guys and lots of picks in the future drafts. If you want to be down on all these unproven guys fine...I view it as a solid group though and am excited to see which guys can put it all together!

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
To believe otherwise is kinda crazy.

Many warriors on that lineup. Almost all playing sub-par since game one but still, many warriors. They won't go down easy. They have only once lost a playoffs series in less than 7 since Julien is there (and it took a total collapse in Game 6 against Chi...). Julien hates to lose.

How many team can hold a playoffs spot playing like garbage? Bruins currently do. They could do better and they will. Unlike last year dominating season and crappy playoffs, we'll see a reverse this year with a crappy season and a dominating playoffs. And least, we know they won't go down easy. And that gives them a chance.

I really hope all this pressure and negativity causes this team to come together with the "us against the world" mentality and explode into the p/o like they did in 2011 when the chara hit happened and other stuff.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Not really this is year 4 of inactivity post Cup. First 3 years our cap situation was actually better than this year. Since we have lost to Chicago our organization has been a clown show.

We put all out chips on 2 aging D man and gave away a generational talent and our best D man for very little....and still haven't moved on from overpaid bottom 6 forwards we picked the wrong locker room guy to dump our enforcer....even though we refused to put him in the press box when our rival was exploiting him last spring in the playoffs. Just sheer stupidity.

Someone has to go for driving this team into the gutter since we lost to Chicago the moves made since then have been appalling and warrant ownership intervention. A couple more of those decisions and we become Toronto East.

Generational talents don't get consistently out scored in the playoffs by depth players.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site

Unreasonable to suggests some moves.... no.

Unreasonable to state that the cup win was a fluke the cup finals a fluke the presidents trophy a fluke and being at the top of the league for how many season a fluke... and that the future sucks and that there's no hope for the for seeable future. Ya I'd call that unreasonable.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Not really this is year 4 of inactivity post Cup. First 3 years our cap situation was actually better than this year. Since we have lost to Chicago our organization has been a clown show.

We put all out chips on 2 aging D man and gave away a generational talent and our best D man for very little....and still haven't moved on from overpaid bottom 6 forwards we picked the wrong locker room guy to dump our enforcer....even though we refused to put him in the press box when our rival was exploiting him last spring in the playoffs. Just sheer stupidity.

Someone has to go for driving this team into the gutter since we lost to Chicago the moves made since then have been appalling and warrant ownership intervention. A couple more of those decisions and we become Toronto East.

Think about it this way if you are still down..we traded a generational talent for very little and still managed to win the Presidents Trophy last year...take a step back and be impressed for a second at how dominant that regular season bruins team was...just a season ago. However you feel about the bruins or management now, at least admit that was an impressive season!
They couldn't finish it but I wouldn't count it as a bad season or a down year.
This is season 1 of a 'down' year for us. Now we are somehow driven into the gutter? we were 1st place just last season...our core guys know what it takes to win a cup and are still here...if this is the gutter, what are teams like Carolina or Edmonton or the Devils in?

Last edited:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Think about it this way if you are still down..we traded a generational talent for very little and still managed to win the Presidents Trophy last year...take a step back and be impressed for a second at how dominate that regular season bruins team was...just a season ago. However you feel about the bruins or management now, at least admit that was an impressive season!
They couldn't finish it but I wouldn't count it as a bad season or a down year.
This is season 1 of a 'down' year for us.

We didn't trade a generational talent

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I trace all our problems today back to early summer of 2013 when the team actually allowed their thought process to be televised ( of course edited )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYKU-bUJre0#t=179

Based on the video the team released, I came way with the thought that if Neely had said let's give Tyler one more year, Chia would not have made the deal.

But Neely of course was the liaison to Jeremy Jacobs and I suspect that JJ ordered them to move Tyler just like he wanted Thornton gone which we found out in the infamous interview with Ordway.

People I know in Buffalo who know Jacobs well have told me independently that when he sees young people getting hammered, he questions their character and keep in mind the Buffalo that JJ grew up in had more bars per capita than any city in the US.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
So ,
2011 Stanley Cup
2012 Blip,cup hangover,next to impossible to repeat
2013 STF
2014 Presidents Cup, second round exit.
2015 to be determined (yes I am aware it does't look good)

So if trades impress you then have at it,but who besides Chicago and L.A. have a better track record in those 5 years.

12-14 presented opportunities to bring back equal or better teams than 2011 on paper with good management. Maybe not all 3 years but we could have made a big push one or two. This year we bungled the D trading our best one.

If the Iginla or Edler trades go through we might have a Cup in 2013 and Boychuks long term replacement ready for when we dump him for picks. I honestly think PC lost both players because he was preoccupied with coming out a 'winner' in those deals in the eyes of the public and both Pitt and Van backed out Pitt offered Iggy a chance to go to another team for a lesser return and Van kept the player. I think there is no deal right now becasue Mr Harvard can't been seen overpaying for Chris Stewart.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I trace all our problems today back to early summer of 2013 when the team actually allowed their thought process to be televised ( of course edited )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYKU-bUJre0#t=179

Based on the video the team released, I came way with the thought that if Neely had said let's give Tyler one more year, Chia would not have made the deal.

But Neely of course was the liaison to Jeremy Jacobs and I suspect that JJ ordered them to move Tyler just like he wanted Thornton gone which we found out in the infamous interview with Ordway.

People I know in Buffalo who know Jacobs well have told me independently that when he sees young people getting hammered, he questions their character and keep in mind the Buffalo that JJ grew up in had more bars per capita than any city in the US.

Not defending the trade, but we only saw a small sample of what Seguin did.

JJ hasn't had any issues with previous youngsters - Bergeron, Krejci,Bourque etc....you can have all the talent in the world, but don't be a ******; which makes your teammates start to hate you.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
12-14 presented opportunities to bring back equal or better teams than 2011 on paper with good management. Maybe not all 3 years but we could have made a big push one or two.

If the Iginla or Edler trades go through we might have a Cup in 2013 and Boychuks long term replacement ready for when we dump him for picks. I honestly think PC lost both players because he was preoccupied with coming out a 'winner' in those deals in the eyes of the public and both Pitt and Van backed out Pitt offered Iggy a chance to go to another team for a lesser return and Van kept the player. I think there is no deal right now becasue Mr Harvard can't been seen overpaying for Chris Stewart.

The Iginla deal didn't happen because Iginla wanted to play with Crosby. It didn't matter what the return was if he wasn't gonna waive to come here. The Edler deal was contingent on Pittsburgh getting Kesler.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Not defending the trade, but we only saw a small sample of what Seguin did.

JJ hasn't had any issues with previous youngsters - Bergeron, Krejci,Bourque etc....you can have all the talent in the world, but don't be a ******; which makes your teammates start to hate you.

Bergeron, Krejci, and Bourque were not out every night in the North End like Thornton and Sequin were.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
12-14 presented opportunities to bring back equal or better teams than 2011 on paper with good management. Maybe not all 3 years but we could have made a big push one or two. This year we bungled the D trading our best one.

well you didn't answer the question but anyway, the **** Pittsburg pulled in 2013 was down right against he rules,but hey Cindy is the face of the NHL so.......

I don't want to see Chia overpay for Stewart either, he's not enough to change the fate of this team.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
This core will go down as the best in Bruins history. And the book is not over with Bergeron and Krejci signed for the next many years.

:handclap: Agreed!

This is why I am so intolerant of the idea of a "bridge year". No excuse for a fan base of a team with a core this good to be resigned to losing. We just need to be willing to make the tough decisions.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
I am so proud of the dominance this core of bruins had. Proud to say I was a fan of the bruins during their "Fluke" years!

I do think they are good enough to turn this ship around...hell maybe squeeze into the playoffs even this year and try and make some noise..I think we play best in the underdog role anyway with everyone against us. It felt too weird being the top team last year.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Not defending the trade, but we only saw a small sample of what Seguin did. JJ hasn't had any issues with previous youngsters - Bergeron, Krejci,Bourque etc....you can have all the talent in the world, but don't be a ******; which makes your teammates start to hate you.

Jacobs didn't have any issues with TS in late 2010, in fact, a big fan. The problem was a vindictive front office management that had it in for TS for not carrying them to glory for a second time and then proceed to spread around innuendo and trade.

http://nesn.com/2010/10/jeremy-jaco...fect-franchise-for-tyler-seguin-to-grow-with/

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site

Gonna get worse if the team can't pull out two wins versus STL and CHI.

why will it get worse if they win 1 out of 2. they will still hold the 8th spot. 25 games left to be played, and hence a possible 50 pts. LOTS and LOTs of puck left to be played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad