TSN: AUDIO - Pierre McGuire: Bruins can't handle crisis management

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
why will it get worse if they win 1 out of 2. they will still hold the 8th spot. 25 games left to be played, and hence a possible 50 pts. LOTS and LOTs of puck left to be played.

I said if they lose both.
Might if different if they win one of them. Who knows. But if they continue to lose they will continue to dig a deeper hole.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Here is a cruel reality.

Bettman and the NHL are PRAYING the Panthers make the playoffs to see if there is any surge in fan interest and they can afford to lose Boston for a year in the playoffs if need be.

If Florida fans don't show up if the team makes the playoffs it makes it very easy to say they tried and move the team to Quebec City where the new arena will be ready next fall.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/standings/_/group/2

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
so the pressure of making the playoffs is too much to handle for these well paid and comfortable players. how dare the owners call this team out on their wildly disappointing season and management that have had their thumb up their ***es all season.....

good grief the state of this team, can't handle the stress of holding on to the last playoff spot against the FLORIDA PANTHERS......

Goom 35

May 16, 2009
Welcome to Boston...dont lose to the Oilers in a "must win" game while collapsing the last two weeks if you dont want pressure.

2011 was a fluke IMO and too many people seem to be living off of that year

Wow, what an incredibly ignorant thing to say. They've been a top tier team for the last four to five years and went to two SCF finals, winning one Championship. The odds were good that they could win a Cup and they did. Nothing flukey about it.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
To believe otherwise is kinda crazy.

Many warriors on that lineup. Almost all playing sub-par since game one but still, many warriors. They won't go down easy. They have only once lost a playoffs series in less than 7 since Julien is there (and it took a total collapse in Game 6 against Chi...). Julien hates to lose.

How many team can hold a playoffs spot playing like garbage? Bruins currently do. They could do better and they will. Unlike last year dominating season and crappy playoffs, we'll see a reverse this year with a crappy season and a dominating playoffs. And least, we know they won't go down easy. And that gives them a chance.

If we can have a dominating playoffs it will be worth this traumatizing regular season that makes me want to throw my remote at the tv every time we lose.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Pierre is wrong about a lot of things but he is bang on here.Charlie needs ****.

Chia is far from perfect but he has done a better than average job during his time here, not sure how anyone can argue with that.

If Charlie starts to micro-manage we will all watch the B's go the way of the Flyers.

**** happens,things don't always go as planned. This is life.

I cant stand Charlie Jacobs. **** and let the hockey people do their jobs. I always hated working for micro managing jerks. Stick to your job of increasing the prices on tickets, beer, and hotdogs. It's all you're good for.

I feel like Mike from Breaking Bad right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJFpjfwsGc

Last edited:

oreillyisgod

Unregistered User
Jun 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Here is a cruel reality.

Bettman and the NHL are PRAYING the Panthers make the playoffs to see if there is any surge in fan interest and they can afford to lose Boston for a year in the playoffs if need be.

If Florida fans don't show up if the team makes the playoffs it makes it very easy to say they tried and move the team to Quebec City where the new arena will be ready next fall.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/standings/_/group/2

oooh - hot take here. Makes perfect sense. People should be talking about this more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->