Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
adthe_siezed_by_ICA_homeland_s.jpg.scaled.500.jpg

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Looks like the message here is clear. You want to see other games then you have to pay for it to see it online, on tv, or in person. Makes me wonder how much of a win this is for leagues like the NHL.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Well thats pretty bizarre. What does anything of what their doing have to do with National Security?.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
Woah, I used both of them! :amazed:

I dont see the problem the FBI has with those, they do show advertisements, so what's wrong with people using those websites to watch TV?

Luckily the other sports streaming site I frequently use is still there.

And I guess I'll have to wait a day or 2 for House MD to show up for redifusion on CTV's website :cry:.

Ha%20ha%202.jpg

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I only use ATDHE for games that aren't available through NHL GameCenter.

The NHL is so stupid on this issue. They offer a legit online streaming service, which is great, but then they black-out every game which is on Versus, or on NHL Network, or on local cable RSNs. Which makes no sense, because if I had cable, I wouldn't have needed NHL GameCenter, and would have just gotten Center Ice instead.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
I new it was too good to be true.

Haha good work with ME!

i think there are a lot of greatful fans...

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
the problem is:
- providers that pay leagues a lot of money for the right to show games dont get your cable/satellite subscriptions.
- your streaming numbers dont count in the numbers used by nielson, so they cant charge advertisers for you.

over the air networks (cbc, abc, nbc, fox, etc) need to smarten up and provide their own webstreams so that they can count viewers and charge advertisers for it. CBC of course already does this.

I cant think of a solution for cable networks. They could just accept that they wont get subscription fees from you, and decide to offer streams so they can get advertising revenue, but then customers who already pay for their networks will decide that it doesnt make sense for them to pay for the channel when they can watch the games free and legally online.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I only use ATDHE for games that aren't available through NHL GameCenter.

The NHL is so stupid on this issue. They offer a legit online streaming service, which is great, but then they black-out every game which is on Versus, or on NHL Network, or on local cable RSNs. Which makes no sense, because if I had cable, I wouldn't have needed NHL GameCenter, and would have just gotten Center Ice instead.

This.

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007
Sunday Ticket/NFL, UFC, WWE.

these are probably the main combatants here. I don't use it to watch hockey, because if I wanted it, I'd buy it. mainly used it for football because I am not allowed to purchase Sunday Ticket w/o cutting down half of my trees.

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL
Another theory here, that may not affect us in North America, but given the worldwide stature of these sites...

What takes place this Sunday?

Somehow I can see that being behind it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad