ATDHE & Channel Surfing have been seized

MountainHawk

Sep 29, 2005
Salem, MA
Lots of intellectual property in a sporting event.....
Intellectual property = copyrights and trademarks, etc. The NHL has every right to sell the media rights here, and sites like ATDHE is as criminal as one that sells stolen goods, and HFboards policy on allowing them to be posted is pretty hypocritical.

Seaward*

is it just me but there are no videos on the new atdhe.me site.

I see the listings but no videos load.

IkeaMonkey*

Intellectual property = copyrights and trademarks, etc. The NHL has every right to sell the media rights here, and sites like ATDHE is as criminal as one that sells stolen goods, and HFboards policy on allowing them to be posted is pretty hypocritical.

Oh sweet. So if we take the logos off the jerseys, you'd be fine with that. Makes plenty of sense. I take it you're an "artist", right?

Bert Marshall days

Oct 31, 2006

Or a friend could just be sharing something with a friend.

Reasoned Opinion

May 21, 2009
Logic Land

So watching a game that is on basic cable in its home territory, along with watching the commercials that go with it, has been somehow made illegal. Not more important crimes to be solving right now? A little poverty to fight?

Just find the priorities in the excited states to be very twisted at times. Just my opinion. I realize neither Germany or Canada are perfect either.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

I have no problem paying for something that is copyrighted and trademarked, as long as it is available to me. If I'm sitting on my comfy chair at home and can watch NHL hockey via my cable company or Centre Ice, sure I will pay. But if someone in my family is on a break from dodging bullets in Afghanistan, I don't see the harm in streaming sporting events over the internet. It's not like they can pay for them if they wanted to, and the sporting event isn't losing any money.

MountainHawk

Sep 29, 2005
Salem, MA
Oh sweet. So if we take the logos off the jerseys, you'd be fine with that. Makes plenty of sense. I take it you're an "artist", right?
No, just someone that has respect for other people, and wasn't raised to think I have a right to watch NHL games.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I have no problem paying for something that is copyrighted and trademarked, as long as it is available to me.

That was what I was saying.

I paid full-price for NHL GameCenter so that I could get online streams of all the games.

Except that I can't get streams of all the games, because a bunch of them are blacked-out. That's when I turn to ATDHE.

But I figure since I paid the NHL $169 for a full season of games, I'm going to get a full season of games, goshdarnit.

IkeaMonkey*

No, just someone that has respect for other people, and wasn't raised to think I have a right to watch NHL games.

Yes. People who watch games on the internet are very disrespectful people. You must lead an incredibly exciting life if you only view and use things that are ENTIRELY yours.

Do you run through Best Buy/Walmart covering your eyes and ears, screaming through the TV section so you don't view or hear whatever movie or show they are playing? If not, you are being hypocritical.

MountainHawk

Sep 29, 2005
Salem, MA
Yes. People who watch games on the internet are very disrespectful people. You must lead an incredibly exciting life if you only view and use things that are ENTIRELY yours.

Do you run through Best Buy/Walmart covering your eyes and ears, screaming through the TV section so you don't view or hear whatever movie or show they are playing? If not, you are being hypocritical.
That makes no sense what-so-ever.

IkeaMonkey*

What's XBOX? Dude.

If I steal a car I'm a thief, not just watching the internet.

I've loaned friends my music. What's the diff?

Nothing. Loaning things means you arent protecting the "intellectual value" of the item. Clearly you should lock up your movies and CDs in a fireproof safe so no one else can get the "luxury" of disrespectful sampling them.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I was told if I copy a DVD I buy (as a backup) I'm breaking the law.

Is that true?

Am I breaking the law if I invite a few friends over to watch the original?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I was told if I copy a DVD I buy (as a backup) I'm breaking the law.

Is that true?

Yes. According to the movie companies, if your 6 year old trashes his favorite DVD you are suppose to buy a replacement, instead of having a backup. Hence I "back-up".

IkeaMonkey*

That makes no sense what-so-ever.

Neither does the fact that you think that people VIEWING material like sporting events is somehow "disrespectful" or the content is "intellectual material". The intellectual material is in the logos. Playing a sport is not intellectual material.

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010

I notice you have a Flyers logo as your avatar.

That yours?

BadHammy*

Al Quaeda watches sports and sitcoms on the internet?

They can't find Bin Laden but they do this?

Because Bin Laden moves his ass around while these guys probably just had computers in 1 location. I'm sure the guy who ran ATDHE didn't have a rocket launcher either.

Dude, if you go over and play NHL 11 on your friends XBOX you are a damn THIEF!

According to these people, we're all thieves. If you've looked at a magazine but failed to pay for it, you're clearly a felon in their ideal world. This bs, self-righteous "protect intellectual property at all costs" argument/act is beyond flawed and our policy needs to be changed before it does us in. If someone's camera'ing movies that are in theaters and then burning and selling them on DVD, that's one thing, but to bust this guy up is a national priority? Come the eff on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad