ATD2019 Draft Thread II

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Anatoly Tarasov team: Lots to love about Pronger - Howe. Kasatonov is a strong #3, while Mortson looks more like a pretty good #5 in this, so that kinda balances it out. Stapleton - Day is a great bottom pairing. Not using Pat Stapleton on the power play feels a bit strange...are we sure that both Howe and Kasatonov were actually better than Stapleton as point men? Also...two different powerplay formations is a bold move, though you've certainly got strong skaters for the job.

Great as Mario is, Dumart - Neely feels a little lighter on talent than I think is ideal for Lemieux's wings. That said, they do everything else you need in Mario's wings extremely well. Second line is nasty. I like flanking Dionne with the savage Lindsay, and the cool-headed Middleton. Seems like an ideal situation for him to succeed. Nick Backstrom as a two-way right wing, eh? How much time has he spent on the wing in his career? One question to answer about this tremendously talented 3rd line. Second question: is it too soft? Does Foyston bring enough grit to make up for the other two? Lotta pop in the unit, though.

Don't understand the 2nd PK unit, at all. What is Mike Richards doing in there, if he's not even starting? Seems like a good spot for Woody Dumart, who could play both sides as a defensive wing.

Great stuff- adjustments forthcoming.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Damn, wanted to assassinate every team, but ran out of time obviously. I'll try to hit a few more tonight before voting starts.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Damn, wanted to assassinate every team, but ran out of time obviously. I'll try to hit a few more tonight before voting starts.

Take your time, I might just send PMs tomorrow morning, but someone must be able to tally the votes.

There is no rush.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I spent my day today getting my votes ready so I'll send them when I get home on Sunday if voting is open at that time.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
For the record, that's 3 AM where I live, so I won't be counting and publishing the results for a few hours after that.

BTW, so far I have 8 ballots.

That's pretty low, let me re-send a PM and wait until we have at least 12 ballots or something.Put this on hold.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Quite frankly, voting needs to be made mandatory. Why even take part in the draft process if you’re not even going to bother with voting?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad