ATD Chat Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
The logos are an exceptional work of graphic design, both for the upfront reasons (aesthetics, symbolism both overt and hidden), and for more boring reasons I care about (stuff about colour math, smooth curves, creating a layered, three-dimensional look when embroidered, fonts...).

The jersey looks more like the Orca Bay era Canucks than the Blue Jackets to me - it's nothing groundbreaking but I am a sucker for a dark jersey that has a very thin strip of a warm colour in there, like Anaheim's pants.

The name is OK. I think I like it more than any of the last 5 expansion teams, though I go back and forth on whether "Blue Jackets" is a good name.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The logos are an exceptional work of graphic design, both for the upfront reasons (aesthetics, symbolism both overt and hidden), and for more boring reasons I care about (stuff about colour math, smooth curves, creating a layered, three-dimensional look when embroidered, fonts...).

The jersey looks more like the Orca Bay era Canucks than the Blue Jackets to me - it's nothing groundbreaking but I am a sucker for a dark jersey that has a very thin strip of a warm colour in there, like Anaheim's pants.

The name is OK. I think I like it more than any of the last 5 expansion teams, though I go back and forth on whether "Blue Jackets" is a good name.

This i can get on board with. The logo itself is fantastic. The anchors are a nice addition to the shoulders as well.

But damn, just too much blue. :laugh:

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
This i can get on board with. The logo itself is fantastic. The anchors are a nice addition to the shoulders as well.

But damn, just too much blue. :laugh:

The Space Needle anchors are an awesome touch.

The location of their arena is also fantastic, I was in Seattle for a week last year around this time and saw the renos in progress. It's like 4 blocks from the Space Needle

Reactions: ImporterExporter

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The Space Needle anchors are an awesome touch.

The location of their arena is also fantastic, I was in Seattle for a week last year around this time and saw the renos in progress. It's like 4 blocks from the Space Needle

Agree 100%. Though Seattle is a shit show right now. Figure that will get cleaned up post election, hopefully. It really is a fantastic area to travel, eat, sight see, etc.

You can definitely see the advancements in graphic design as JE alluded to earlier. Would have really liked to have seen more homage to the original Seattle team though (SC winners btw). Maybe not the name Metropolitans (given there is a division named as such) but at least the color schemes.

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Agree 100%. Though Seattle is a shit show right now. Figure that will get cleaned up post election, hopefully. It really is a fantastic area to travel, eat, sight see, etc.

You can definitely see the advancements in graphic design as JE alluded to earlier. Would have really liked to have seen more homage to the original Seattle team though (SC winners btw). Maybe not the name Metropolitans (given there is a division named as such) but at least the color schemes.

I'm almost offended you included the SC winners comment

Resident PCHA fanboy right here

Reactions: ImporterExporter

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'm almost offended you included the SC winners comment

Resident PCHA fanboy right here

Haha oh i know bud. Wasn't directed at you.

It was more of a "I'm guessing the vast majority of people don't even know Seattle had a hockey team 100 years ago, one that was the first US based team to win the SC." Basically cementing why I think Kraken and the colors are just....off. Just my .02 of course!

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Haha oh i know bud. Wasn't directed at you.

It was more of a "I'm guessing the vast majority of people don't even know Seattle had a hockey team 100 years ago, one that was the first US based team to win the SC." Basically cementing why I think Kraken and the colors are just....off. Just my .02 of course!

And they're browsing this subforum? :laugh:

Meh, a lot of teams/cities with history from before the O6
St Louis, Toronto, Vancouver, Detroit off the top of my head that is largely erased by name changes.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Seriously?

Crosby looked wounded.

Grazing at center ice rather than backchecking?

Maybe we watched two different games?!

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Huge defensive zone face off win by Suzuki with less than a minute left.

Sudden-death OT to come!

Malkin & Gallagher have 7 shots each!

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Nick Suzuki sees the game on a level that not many players his age do. His hockey IQ and vision are off the charts. Such a smart young player. I have very high hopes for him as a Habs fan.

Claude Julien played him on the PK, in a 5 on 3 situation in the playoffs, vs the Pittsburgh Penguins. A 20 year old. That’s telling.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Damn, what a game.

Hats off to both teams tonight. Pens had far more chances and didn't finish. Price was what he needed to be. Best player on the ice.

Great game indeed. I chuckled that this game saw 2 penalty shots and not one produced an actual shot on net.

Vintage Price performance tonight. Malkin looked dominant early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad