ATD Chat Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
...so about 2012-2013, eh?

Actually, scratch that. In 2010-2011 it was the crazy Crosby season where he scored 66 pts and 32 goals in 41 games. His absolute peak form. Pretty sure by then he was a more exciting player and by far the better player.

Coincidentally, 2010-2011 was when Ovechkin only scored 32 goals... in 79 games.

So 10-11 would be my demarcation. Quite a clear one too.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
... when Ovechkin only scored 32 goals... in 79 games...
When Caps coach Bruce Boudreau benched OV, when OV dropped an f-bomb on the coach's plan during an OT time out live on NBC, the last full year of the coach's tenure in Washington until the friction between star and coach boiled over.

That year i recall was like when Liam Neeson tried to convince the officer to go against his nature in Schindler's List. Boudreau preached a dump-and-chase styĺe, physical bang deep and cycle low that didn't flatter OV's skillset. Get rid of the puck? Try to physically recover it then and NOT go to the net? Wait until teammates align, hold onto the puck and look for the pass? ... it drove OV insane, but as a good captain he tried to smile and say all was good, but NBC play-by-play analyst Mike Emrich put it best: Alex looks like a frog in the boiling pot, dying slowly.

The first full year after Boudreau left, OV finally returned to form and led the NHL in goals for 6 of the next 7 seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Namba 17

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
No MLD this year sucks.

I feel empty.

Hope 2020 brings a good ATD & MLD.

It's too bad - a MLD after a smaller ATD would have been nice and felt fresh, compared to the MLDs that always followed drafts of about 30 teams. I certainly didn't have the time to volunteer to run the thing, though.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
No MLD this year sucks.

I feel empty.

Hope 2020 brings a good ATD & MLD.

It's too bad - a MLD after a smaller ATD would have been nice and felt fresh, compared to the MLDs that always followed drafts of about 30 teams. I certainly didn't have the time to volunteer to run the thing, though.

If we can get enough teams we can run one through November if you'd like.

I'd be in so that's 3, probably need at least 3 more for a good draft.

Edit: I'd commish if that wasn't clear

Last edited:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
If we can get enough teams we can run one through November if you'd like.

I'd be in so that's 3, probably need at least 3 more for a good draft.

Edit: I'd commish if that wasn't clear

Create a MLD sign up thread?

I always prefer having a co-GM in the MLD, but I'll wing it myself if it helps get a desirable number of teams.

Reactions: VanIslander

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
How can I join one of these all time draft things?
Well, leaving the above post here is a good start, because you're now going to be receiving PMs about the next one as soon as it's in the signup phase. :laugh:

To be more helpful - just stick around until January - the main one usually starts then. We tend to encourage new members to ride along as a co-GM for someone more experienced, but that's mainly because we don't fully know who's going to stick out the whole marathon and actively participate until we see them do it. In the meantime, lurking around to comment on the current draft threads and playoff series should only help you get a feel for how it works.

Reactions: VanIslander

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Would it be a good idea to try and recruit people on forums like reddit? While we don't want a complete invasion, about 5 rookies would be great, assuming we have vets ready to take over their team if need be.

Reactions: TheDevilMadeMe

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
6 point night for McDavid

37 Points in 21 games 144 point pace and he's finally starting to look like his pre-injury self

Not to be out done Draisaitl 41 points in 21 games 160 point pace

6 and 10 point lead in the Art Ross race over the Pasta man

Reactions: Habsfan18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad