ATD #9 Lineup Assassination Thread

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Thanks for the thoughts Nalyd. Just wanted to address this point because we thought it might come up. It's a bit of a double standard to question a goalies ability to withstand an increase in the number of games but not apply that standard to forwards. Players like Frank McGee, Tommy Phillips, Scotty Davidson, Bruce and Hod Stuart, and Dubbie Bowie never played more than 20 games in a season (and in many cases no more than 10 games) yet the games played question only seems to come up for goalies.

Skaters from that era played virtually the full 60 minutes most of the time, however, meaning that their TOI was much greater than the number of games played would suggest, and as pwna pointed out, their roles on ATD teams are not nearly as prominent. I do knock old time goalies a bit, not for playing style, but because I think their backups will generally need to play 20-30 regular season games and 1-2 games in a 7 game playoff series. You just can't ride the real old-timers as hard.

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
I think Gordie Howe is fantastic, but I just don't think I could see an argument for him as greater than Gretzky or Orr.

I could see drafting him before Gretzky in this draft because there are more great first line Cs than first line RWs... and their talent is close enough to take that leap. I could also see someone arguing that Howe is a more "complete" player than Gretz. He also obviously has longevity. Better? I don't think I could be convinced.

That's no insult to Howe mind you. I think the top 4 are absurdly close while offering very unique styles. The one other thing you can say for Howe and Orr is that they are unquestionably the greatest RW/Winger or Defenceman of all time. Gretzky and Lemieux could cause some debate.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I think Gordie Howe is fantastic, but I just don't think I could see an argument for him as greater than Gretzky or Orr.

I could see drafting him before Gretzky in this draft because there are more great first line Cs than first line RWs... and their talent is close enough to take that leap. I could also see someone arguing that Howe is a more "complete" player than Gretz. He also obviously has longevity. Better? I don't think I could be convinced.

That's no insult to Howe mind you. I think the top 4 are absurdly close while offering very unique styles. The one other thing you can say for Howe and Orr is that they are unquestionably the greatest RW/Winger or Defenceman of all time. Gretzky and Lemieux could cause some debate.
I think Orr's the best player ever. Nobody has ever been able to do so many things at such a high level as Bobby Orr.

I think Gretzky's the best offensive player ever. Certainly the smartest ever, the best thinker and the best on-ice vision. Hard to defend a guy who knows what you'll do before you do.

I think Lemieux had the potential to be the best of the bunch. Maybe not as fast as Orr, or as smart as Gretz. But he had all these magnificent skills, and he was 6'4". I'm not a big size guy, but when you have a guy who has all that talent and imagination and creativity, and you put it in a 6'4" frame, it's unstoppable. I don't think Mario had the passion for the game (especially early in his career) that Orr, Howe and Gretz had, and it's what kept him from being the best ever.

Howe isn't as good offensively as Wayne or Mario. I'll grant everyone that. But when you look at all that Howe brought to the game - the toughness, the physical play, the dominance along the boards - I think Howe's game trumps Mario's and Wayne's. Now, I admit I have some bias, because I put a big emphasis on physical play, and well, Howe's a small-town Saskatchewan boy. (His hometown of Floral no longer exists). But everything he brings to the game and to a team, IMO, overcomes the slight edge that Mario and Wayne have offensively. (Gordie would have been a 175-200 point player if he played his prime years in the 70s, 80s and 90s, with the longer schedule, the inclusion of defencemen in the offensive game, and the talent dilution, especially in goal, due to expansion. He was playing against an HHOF goalie every night).

And yeah, if I ever get the second overall pick, assuming raleh's okay with it, we'll pick Bobby or Gordie. Whoever's available.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I dont buy the arguement that Howe would have been a 175-200 point player had he played in the 70's and 80's in his prime. It could be argued that with such tiny goalie equipment it may have helped his stats among others. I mean we've been over this...watching the tape of a game in the 50's where a player barrels down the right wing, crosses the blue line and lets a weak little snapper go and it goes right through the goalie as if he werent there. It takes a freakish player to regularly score around 200 points a season - in any era, and there have only been two in history.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Since I think some of the people here are severly underrating the dominance of one Gordon Howe, I'll repost something I wrote for the Top 100 project:

Source: http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=12647663&postcount=48
I'm very suprised at some of the comments against Gordie Howe.

First, I'm curious as to why his longevity seems to be viewed as a mark against him by some. The best hockey player doesn't mean the best peak only. I'd think a man maintaining dominance well into his 40s would be more proof that he's one of the greatest ever since either age has no effect on the man or his skills and smarts were so elite that he was able to adjust and continue to be one of the best in the game even as his physical body began to decline. That's something Mario Lemieux and Bobby Orr couldn't do. It's also something Wayne Gretzky did to a lesser extent.

Secondly, I think it's unfair to say Howe's fame is a product of his longevity. Like Chris Chelios today, I think his longevity overshadows how great he was in his prime. If the first thing you think of when you hear Gordie Howe is his longevity it's possible that you haven't fully understood how great he was. I know Mr. Hockey is just a gimmick name, but it was given to him and nobody argued it. He played in the era against some of the best right wings in history and he came out being viewed as the greatest hockey player in history until Orr and Gretzky entered the debate. Children wanted to be Gordie Howe. Even one of his chief rivals in this debate, Wayne Gretzky, idolized the man growing up and he chose 99 as a tribute to Gordie.

I know stats are generally frowned upon in this forum, but I feel in this case they are necessary because some of the comments about Howe make me wonder if his dominance during his prime is really understood.

He was top 5 in NHL scoring for 20 straight seasons. TWENTY SEASONS, in an era where a 20 year career was a rarity. Unlike Gretzky, Lemieux, or Orr he was also ambidextrous. He used no curve and shot forehand both ways. How many players can say that? In his time he was larger and stronger than most or all of his peers and dominated physically. Even as an 18tr old rookie he created a buzz throughout the league when he stepped up to a Maurice Richard challenge and knocked him unconcious with one punch. If Eddie Shore was mean, Gordie Howe might have been meaner still. This is a guy who got a fighting major in the All-Star game in '48. He might be the most competative player ever. He changed his game over the years and took fewer penalties. He came back from a life-threatening injury when he fractured his skull trying to check Ted Kennedy in a playoff game. His stamina was widely accepted to be among the best and in an era where top players generally played 20-30 minutes a night, he would often play 45 or more. Even Wayne Gretzky never eclipsed Howe's career goals mark when you combine NHL and WHA. Howe scored an incredible 975 between the leagues to Gretzky's 931. He played the final 7 years of his career with severe arthritis in his wrist that led to his first retirement after the 1970-71 season. He scored at a PPG clip in the Summit Series in 1974-75.

* First or second team All-Star every season from 1949-1970 except for 1955, or 21 times in the NHL in 22 seasons
* Had his best statistical season at the age of 40 (44-59-103 +45)
* Top 5 in points in the NHL 20 times (1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969)
* Top 5 in goals in the NHL 13 times (1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1963, 1965, 1968, 1969)
* Top 5 in assists in the NHL 17 times (1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1969)
* Top 5 in PIM in the NHL 1 time (1954)
* 6 Art Ross Trophies (1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1957, 1963)
* 6 Hart Trophies (1952, 1953, 1957, 1958, 1960, 1963)
* Lester Patrick Trophy (1967)

Very impressive list for sure, but it's the level that he dominated those scoring races that sets him apart:

1950-51: 23.26% scoring margin (86 to 66) Age: 22
1951-52: 19.75% scoring margin (86 to 69) Age: 23
1952-53: 23.26% scoring margin (95 to 71) Age: 24
1953-54: 17.28% scoring margin (81 to 67) Age: 25
1956-57: 4.49% scoring margin (89 to 85) Age: 28
1962-63: 5.81% scoring margin (86 to 81) Age: 34

That wasn't against weak competition either. That was against players who are all-time greats and likely to be in our final top 10 to top 50. That's a level of dominance only Gretzky can rival, and that margin only gets larger if you compare it you take out his linemates.

Wayne Gretzky
1980-81: 17.68% scoring margin (164 to 135) Age: 19
1981-82: 30.66% scoring margin (212 to 147) Age: 20
1982-83: 36.73% scoring margin (196 to 124) Age: 21
1983-84: 38.54% scoring margin (205 to 126) Age: 22
1984-85: 35.10% scoring margin (208 to 135) Age: 23
1985-86: 34.42% scoring margin (212 to 141) Age: 24
1986-87: 40.98% scoring margin (183 to 108) Age: 25
1989-90: 9.15% scoring margin (142 to 129) Age: 28
1990-91: 19.63% scoring margin (163 to 131) Age: 29
1993-94: 7.69% scoring margin (130 to 120) Age: 32

How do Lemieux and Orr compare?

Mario Lemieux
1987-88: 11.31% scoring margin (168 to 149) Age: 21
1988-89: 15.58% scoring margin (199 to 168) Age: 22
1991-92: 6.11% scoring margin (131 to 123) Age: 25
1992-93: 7.50% scoring margin (160 to 148) Age: 26
1995-96: 7.45% scoring margin (161 to 149) Age: 29
1996-97: 10.66% scoring margin (122 to 109) Age: 30

Bobby Orr
1969-70: 17.50% scoring margin (120 to 99) Age: 21
1974-75: 5.93% scoring margin (135 to 127) Age: 26

Lemieux's never had a season where he dominated his peers from a scoring perspective the way Gretzky and Howe did. The argument that he had to compete with Gretzky is moot since Gretzky had to compete with him and many of his season Wayne wasn't even the #2 scorer in the NHL. Orr had that first Art Ross season at a level where only two players have ever gone, but it's not fair to compare him with Howe and Gretzky directly since as a defenseman his accomplishments are even more staggering. Just a quick look over the scoring leaders in the NHL that the only players other than Howe and Gretzky to have at least a 20.00% scoring margin in a season were Bill Cowley (1940-41 @ 29.03%), Howie Horenz (1927-28 @ 23.53%), and Phil Esposito (1972-73 @ 20.00%).

Comparing the competition levels would seem to favor Gretzky and Lemieux, but does it really? They mainly competed with each other for a short time before Wayne's age began to take a toll into his mid 30's. By then, Lemieux was competing mainly against himself and his health. In fact, Lemieux never played every game in any single season in his entire career, topping out at 79 games in his sophomore season and reaching the 70 games margin on 6 times. He was great, but he was brittle even in his early years. Part of greatness in my opinion is the ability to be able to play when called upon and Lemieux could never be counted upon for a full schedule. Gordie Howe, by contrast, missed only 35 games from 1949-50 until his first retirement after the 1970-71 season, and 15 of those games were in his final year as a 41 year old. He didn't miss a single regular season game the year after nearly dying when he fractured his skull in the 1949-50 playoffs. He not only had longevity, he had durability. Gretzky's main competition were Lafleur, Dionne, Bossy, and Peter Stastny early then Lemieux, Messier, and Yzerman later. Lemieux competed early with Gretzky, Messier, and Yzerman and later with Jagr, Sakic, and Selanne. Howe's early competition were Richard, Lindsay, Beliveau, Max Bentley, Schmidt, Geoffrion, Abel, and Delvecchio early then Dickie Moore, Beliveau, Bathgate, Bobby Hull, Mikita, Mahovlich, and Henri Richard later. I'd give the edge in competition to Howe here. He not only dominated, he dominated against players who will be highly ranked on this list, 3 of which are likely to be top 10.

Now you look at Howe's WHA career where he was already in his mid-to-late 40s. The competition level wasn't as high but he still won the MVP award his first season as a 45 year old (after which the league renamed the MVP trophy to Gordie Howe Trophy in his honor). It wasn't just a gift trophy either, he finished 3rd in scoring that season and had 100 points, 5 more than Bobby Hull. He led Houston to consecutive Avco World Trophy titles in his first two seasons before being swept by Hull's Winnepeg team in the 1975-76 finals. He put up another 100+ point season that year at the age of 47, the last time he reached triple digits. He went to the New England team in the 1977-78 season and again led them to the finals only to once again lose to Hull and the Jets in a sweep. When the league folded after the 1978-79 season, Howe was the 7th leading scorer in league history with 508pts in 419 games, all done from the ages of 45 through 50 on a severly arthritic wrist. He played his final season, at 51, for the Hartford Whalers and didn't miss a single game while average a bit over 0.5ppg and was a plus player at +9. As a 51 year old he still able to compete at an NHL level and was tied for 3rd in playoff scoring on the team that season.

I'm probably rambling now, but I just feel that the accomplishments of Gordie Howe aren't fully appreciated by everyone, so this is my attempt to change your opinion. Sure, he played for a long time but he played at an elite level for a long time, not as a scrub or someone who simply piled up numbers because he hung on.

Source: http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=12654882&postcount=61
I just ran across a really nice piece on Gordie Howe written by Larry Schwartz for ESPN. I have to admit I learned a few things I didn't know before. He used to be called "Mr. Elbows" lol. Also I guess that facial tic he has was a result of the head-first collision into the boards that almost killed him. Also, apparently the Rangers had a chance to get him in a tryout at 15 but passed.

* First player in NHL history to score 90 points in a season in the 1952-53 season. Not until the 1960-61 (Geoffrion and Beliveau) did another player match that feat.
* Became the all-time NHL scoring leader on 1/16/60 at the age of 30 when he scored his 947th point to pass Maurice Richard.
* Became the all-time NHL goal leader on 11/10/63 at the age of 34 when he scored his 546th goal to pass Maurice Richard.

Excellent read if you have 5 minutes. Howe kept going and going and ...

For those of you not familiar with Howe's reputation as a fighter, Murray Greig of the Edmonton Sun called him the top Toughguy that he'd ever seen. Greig has some good credentials when it comes to fighting as well. He's a boxing trainer and manager who's be involved in fights across Canada, as well as world title matches. Here's the article: Top 10 Toughguys; The best hockey fighters of all time. This is an excerpt from it sepcifically about the famous Howe - Fontinato brawl.

Just as the tension seemed diffused, however, Rangers tough guy Lou Fontinato - six-foot-two and 220 pounds - came roaring in from the blue line and suckered the unsuspecting Howe with three hellacious lefts to the head. Fontinato, the NHL's reigning penalty king, had forged a league-wide reputation as a formidable heavyweight by resorting to such tactics to leave opposing players crumpled in a heap.

But Howe barely budged.

Instead, he shook off the punches, then grabbed Fontinato by the throat and pulled him in. At the same time, he cocked his left fist and fired a single punch that shattered Fontinato's cheek bone. Propping up the dazed Ranger with his right arm, Howe threw another punch that broke Fontinato's nose. A third left opened a huge gash over his eye. A fourth split both lips.

One of Fontinato's teammates later said Howe's punches "sounded like an axe splitting wood."

Nobody made a move as Howe delivered the coup de grace, a short, chopping right that dropped Fontinato face-first in a bloody heap. The Detroit star then turned and skated directly to the penalty box. Fontinato went to hospital.

Another accounting of the bout: The Night Gordie Howe Answered With His Fists: Jukebox John Takes You Back To 1959
A video which includes one of the rare pictures of Fontinato after the fight: Gordie Howe Is The Greatest Of Them All

Apparently LIFE Magazine had someone at the game with rink-side seats for a story and they published a 2-page article dedicated to the fight with pictures which were pretty gruesome. I'm trying to track down the exact issue it appeared in so I can hit the library and read a primary source accounting of the bout.

And when the Rangers missed the playoffs that season by losing 6 of the final 7 games after that fight their coach Phil Watson blamed Howe: “We never got over Louie’s pasting. His nose looked like a subway hit it.â€. So Gordie's fighting prowess but at a level that he could demoralize entire teams with it apparently.

Hopefully this opens a few eyes to the sheer dominance that was Mr. Hockey.

I recommend reading this entire thread for a ton of debate on Gretzky vs. Howe vs. Orr vs. Lemieux.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Geezzzz... Okay, he could do pretty much everything on the ice, but best player ever....?!?!?!
You can definitely make a case for him as the best ever. People point to Gretzky's place as the No. 1 of all-time based on his finish in the THN top 100 list. He beat Orr AND Howe by just a few votes. Mario was a distant fourth.

There were years in which Gordie was the only player over a point-per-game. The late 40s and early 50s were the toughest time to score since the forward pass was introduced. He was scoring at a clip of 100 points (pro-rated over the course of an 82-game season) at a time when the next-best guys would have been scoring at a pro-rated 70-80-point clip. A point-per-game in the late 40s and early 50 would be equivalent to 120-150 points in the 70s, 80s and much of the 90s.

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Isn't it well known that Howe, Orr and Gretzky are each arguably the best of all time? You gotta be a homer to think otherwise.

There certainly have been smart, experienced, respected past NHLers who've argued each case.

(I remember when Don Cherry's argument for Orr as better than Howe was a a lively topic of debate)

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Brooklyn review...

I think this is the last team to be reviewed. If your team hasn't been hacked by me, let me know. I enjoy doing these things. (And it only takes me about 10 minutes, for those who are wondering)...
*Outside of the vaunted Big...Bad...Bruins Line, your first line is probably the toughest in the draft. Lindros and Shanahan give you that imposing combination of size, toughness and skill, and even Taylor brought a lot of toughness to the ice. Taylor's really underrated, but I think you picked him too soon, and I think he's better suited to second line duty. (A role raleh and I had him in last draft).
*In the same breath, I think your second line could use a little more sandpaper. Unless you want Crosby to play that role. It really is a one-dimensional line, but there are three guys who all have game-breaker potential. It's one of the most potent second lines in the draft. I'm not a fan of picking young players in this thing, but Crosby is, at most, two seasons away from being a top 200 pick in this thing.
*Lots of speed on the third line. I love Marty Gelinas. If Trevor Linden retires, and Marty sticks around for another year, Marty will be my favourite player in the league. I've been a big Marty Gelinas fan since his days on the Edmonton Oilers' Kid Line in the 1990 playoffs. So it pains me to say that I think he's out of place. Might be good enough to be a fourth line player in a 32-team ATD, might be better off in the MLD. Love his speed and grit and character. I don't think he's good enough defensively to be on a defensive line. Madden and Nystrom are excellent for their roles. No matter what, that line can keep up with any line in the draft.
*Tumba Johnasson sticks out like a sore thumb on the fourth line. It's not a scoring line, which is the role he's best suited to. Is Tumba tough enough to fit in on a line with Shack and McCarty? If you swap Shack and Gelinas, you get a little more scoring for the fourth line, but then McCarty sticks out. And I don't think McCarty is good enough for this draft.
*Incidentally, I love the Eddie Shack pick. Great interview. Great party guy. Likely holds the world record for most DUI's.
*Not a fan of Phil Housley as a No. 1 defenceman. I think he's an okay one-dimensional No. 2 (he's a guy I'll never have on my team, incidentally), but he shouldn't be your No. 1. Derian Hatcher has his work cut out for him, not just as Housley's defensive conscience, but Hatcher could have some problems against the fleet-footed forwards in your division.
*You should be able to get lots of scoring from the defence. Housley and Liapkin can provide a lot of offence. Hartsburg is very underrated offensively. Even Wesley can capably move the puck.
*Glen Wesley is just a smart, steady two-way defenceman. I think he's similar to Jimmy Watson - not flashy, doesn't do anything that gets noticed. Just plays that steady, no-frills game. Makes the good first pass, but nothing spectacular. Can work a second PP unit. Takes care of his own zone. Doesn't control the game physically, but rarely gets beat or loses a battle. Solid. Best games are when you don't notice him.
*Tretiak might have the most divergent rating around here. Some guys rate him very highly. Other rate him quite low on the scale for No. 1 goalies. And it's for the same reason - that mystery element that goes along with limited viewing. You'll get some strong support from some GMs because you have Tretiak. You'll be punished by others because of him.
*GBC says: he's somewhere in between. He's not in the Roy/Plante/Hasek/Hall/Sawchuk class. He's better than guys like Lumley, Vachon, Holmes and Rayner. In other words: he won't hurt you, and he might be able to steal a game, but he won't be a difference maker.
*Osgood's likely the comeback player of the year. I grudgingly admit he's an okay back-up for this thing, although I'd like a back-up with a little more consistency.

Brendan Shanahan-Eric Lindros-Dave Taylor
Frank Mahovlich-Sidney Crosby-Alexander Mogilny
Marty Gelinas-John Madden-Bob Nystrom
Eddie Shack-Tumba Johansson-Darren McCarty
Guyle Fielder

Phil Housley-Derian Hatcher
Cy Wentworth-Craig Hartsburg
Glen Wesley-Yuri Liapkin
Sandis Ozolinsh-Bruce Driver

Vladislav Tretiak
Chris Osgood

Coach - Vsevledov Bobrov (Glad I'm not in radio)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I grudgingly admit he's an okay back-up for this thing
Because he has had ONE decent playoffs? History is full of guys who've done more and been more impressive doing it. There are several undrafted goalies (we'll see them in the MLD this time around) that are MUCH better than Osgood.

Osgood is an 'okay', below average, THIRD goalie in an ATD context but really should be a MLD goalie in even a 40-team ATD context.

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
Osgood is sure making a case for himself now. He is a significantly better goalie today than I remember him in the prime of his career. Being willing and able to re-invent yourself like that is a huge credit to his mental toughness and athletic ability.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
I've recently been informed that last weekend was a sort of extended weekend for people and a couple have said they couldn't vote because of that. I'm extending the voting period one day as such to allow those who wish the participate the time to do so. The new deadline will be Monday 5/19 at midnight, or midnight tonight if you prefer. I'll send out another round of PMs to all GMs yet to vote to alert them of the change.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Goalies
The statistics listed include the 2006–07 NHL season and the 2006–07 NHL playoffs Active goalies (as of September 2007) are listed in boldface.

[edit] All-time leaders (goalies)

[edit] Regular season wins (all-time)
Patrick Roy, 551
Martin Brodeur, 538
Ed Belfour, 484
Curtis Joseph, 449
Terry Sawchuk, 447
Jacques Plante, 437
Tony Esposito, 423
Glenn Hall, 407
Grant Fuhr, 403
Dominik Hasek, 389
Mike Vernon, 385
John Vanbiesbrouck, 374
Andy Moog, 372
Tom Barrasso, 369
Chris Osgood, 363
Rogatien Vachon, 355
Gump Worsley, 335
Harry Lumley, 330
Sean Burke, 324
Billy Smith, 305

[edit] Regular season shutouts (all-time)
Terry Sawchuk, 103
Martin Brodeur, 96
George Hainsworth, 94
Glenn Hall, 84
Jacques Plante, 82
Alex Connell, 81
Dominik Hasek, 81
Tiny Thompson, 81
Ed Belfour, 76
Tony Esposito, 76
Lorne Chabot, 73
Harry Lumley, 71
Roy Worters, 67
Patrick Roy, 66
Turk Broda, 62
John Ross Roach, 58
Clint Benedict, 55
Ed Giacomin, 54
Bernie Parent, 54
Curtis Joseph, 51

[edit] Playoff wins (all-time)
Patrick Roy, 151
Martin Brodeur, 95
Grant Fuhr, 92
Ed Belfour, 88
Billy Smith, 88
Ken Dryden, 80
Mike Vernon, 77
Jacques Plante, 71
Andy Moog, 68
Curtis Joseph, 63

[edit] Playoff shutouts (all-time)
Patrick Roy, 23
Martin Brodeur, 22
Curtis Joseph, 16
Clint Benedict, 15
Dominik Hasek, 15
Ed Belfour, 14
Jacques Plante, 14
Turk Broda, 13
Terry Sawchuk, 12
Ken Dryden,
Chris Osgood, 10

[edit] Career goals against average
Alex Connell, 1.91
George Hainsworth, 1.93
Chuck Gardiner, 2.02
Lorne Chabot, 2.04
Roman Cechmanek, 2.08
Tiny Thompson, 2.08
Dave Kerr, 2.15
Marty Turco, 2.15
Niklas Backstrom, 2.17
Martin Brodeur, 2.17
Dominik Hasek, 2.20
Ken Dryden, 2.24
Henrik Lundqvist, 2.27
Roy Worters, 2.27
Clint Benedict, 2.30
Manny Legace, 2.31
Roman Turek, 2.31
Bill Durnan, 2.35
Gerry McNeil, 2.35
Dan Ellis, 2.36
Miikka Kiprusoff, 2.37
Evgeni Nabokov, 2.37
Jacques Plante, 2.38
Jean-Sebastien Giguere, 2.43
Cristobal Huet, 2.43

[edit] Active leaders

[edit] Regular season wins (active)
Martin Brodeur, 538
Curtis Joseph, 449
Dominik Hasek, 389
Chris Osgood, 363
Olaf Kolzig, 301
Nikolai Khabibulin, 274
Jocelyn Thibault, 238
Evgeni Nabokov, 208
Marty Turco, 207

[edit] Regular season shutouts (active)
Martin Brodeur, 96
Dominik Hasek, 81
Curtis Joseph, 51
Chris Osgood, 47
Evgeni Nabokov, 40
Jocelyn Thibault, 39
Nikolai Khabibulin, 38
Roberto Luongo, 38
Olaf Kolzig,
Patrick Lalime, 35
Marty Turco, 33
Jean-Sebastien Giguere, 29
Miikka Kiprusoff, 26
Jose Theodore, 26
Tomas Vokoun, 25
Martin Biron, 23
Manny Legace, 23

[edit] Playoff wins (active)
Martin Brodeur, 95
Curtis Joseph, 63
Dominik Hasek, 61
Chris Osgood, 45

[edit] Playoff shutouts (active)
Martin Brodeur, 22
Curtis Joseph, 16
Dominik Hasek, 15
Chris Osgood, 10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...al_leaders#Regular_season_wins_.28all-time.29

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
I've recently been informed that last weekend was a sort of extended weekend for people and a couple have said they couldn't vote because of that. I'm extending the voting period one day as such to allow those who wish the participate the time to do so. The new deadline will be Monday 5/19 at midnight, or midnight tonight if you prefer. I'll send out another round of PMs to all GMs yet to vote to alert them of the change.

Thats great how many votes do you have so far!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad