ATD#8 to begin in September

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
I'll take a team from my new home province that is clouded by controversy.

The pre-curser to the eventual Cup champion Cougars, but a team that was thought by many to have been robbed of a Stanley Cup win after their challenge was declared invalid.

The Victoria Aristocrats

VictoriaAristocrats14a.GIF

VictoriaAristocrats18ish.GIF

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'll take a team from my new home province ...The Victoria Aristocrats
That was my team in the All-time Draft #3.

Here is how it looked:

The Victoria Aristocrats

coach: Pat Quinn
captain: Steve Yzerman
alternate captains: Mark Messier, Bobby Clarke

Brian Propp - Steve Yzerman - Dino Ciccarelli
Esa Tikkanen - Mark Messier - Claude Lemieux
Bob Gainey - Bobby Clarke - Jere Lehtinen
Jiri Holik - Guy Carbonneau - Terry O'Reilly

extra forward: "Tiger" Williams

Jan Suchy - Mike Ramsey
Randy Carlyle - Adam Foote
Frantisek Tikal - Craig Ludwig

extra d-man/skater: Josef Malecek

Bernie Parent
Vladimir Dzurilla
Rogie Vachon​

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
1 BM67 - New Jersey Devils
2 Evil Speaker - Boston Bruins
3 Nalyd Psycho & Sturminator - Oakland Seals
4 pitseleh - Nanaimo Clippers
5 Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
6 LapierreSports - Montreal Wanderers
7 EagleBelfour - Detroit Falcons
8 cottonking - Dallas Blackhawks
9 murphy - Edmonton Oilers
10 Evil Sather & kruezer - New York Rangers
11 Hockey Outsider - Montreal Canadiens
12 shawnmullin - Victoria Aristocrats
13 VanIslander - New York Raiders
14 God Bless Canada & raleh - ?
15 BlueBleeder - ?
16 Wisent - ?
17 pappyline - Guelph Biltmores
18 reckoning - ?
19 vancityluongo & Tricolore#20 - Winnipeg Jets
20 MXD - ?
21 arrbez - ?
22 John Flyers Fan - Flin Flon Bombers

I don't think Frightened Inmate #2, or Spitfire11 have said either way. If they all join with their own teams we would have 24 teams with 5 new GMs wanting the last 4 spots spot.

Fixed.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Why don't we set the weekend of the 14th-16th as our start target? Three weeks seems unnecessarily long, but two weeks should be enough time for everyone to get their act together. It seems like we really only have a few stragglers keeping us from kicking it off in the next week or so.

By the way, Wisent, I'm sure it's been said before, but Bobrov's resemblance to Matt Damon in your profile pic is deeply disturbing.

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
That was my team in the All-time Draft #3.

Here is how it looked:

The Victoria Aristocrats

coach: Pat Quinn
captain: Steve Yzerman
alternate captains: Mark Messier, Bobby Clarke

Brian Propp - Steve Yzerman - Dino Ciccarelli
Esa Tikkanen - Mark Messier - Claude Lemieux
Bob Gainey - Bobby Clarke - Jere Lehtinen
Jiri Holik - Guy Carbonneau - Terry O'Reilly

extra forward: "Tiger" Williams

Jan Suchy - Mike Ramsey
Randy Carlyle - Adam Foote
Frantisek Tikal - Craig Ludwig

extra d-man/skater: Josef Malecek

Bernie Parent
Vladimir Dzurilla
Rogie Vachon​

*laugh* Here I tought I was being somewhat original!

Not only that, but with the 28 teams there's no way I can hit that level. Yzerman, Messier, Clarke and Carb up the middle? Good sweet lord.

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
Just so I'm not 100% ripping off Van's use of the Aristocrats I'll change and be the Victoria Cougars.

The last team from the west coast to win the Cup before Anaheim.

brand.gif

LapierreSports

Mar 9, 2007
Montreal
Im ready to start any time. Great way to spend time at work....This time around, I will be composing my lineup of famous lines throughout history.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Im ready to start any time. Great way to spend time at work....This time around, I will be composing my lineup of famous lines throughout history.

Good luck with that! As you picked the second guy of your famous line, everyone will know what's your next selection, and GM who wanted that guy on their team will selected them. A true ''tour de force'' if you succeed in that.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Why don't we set the weekend of the 14th-16th as our start target? Three weeks seems unnecessarily long, but two weeks should be enough time for everyone to get their act together. It seems like we really only have a few stragglers keeping us from kicking it off in the next week or so.

By the way, Wisent, I'm sure it's been said before, but Bobrov's resemblance to Matt Damon in your profile pic is deeply disturbing.

It's uncanny, isn't it?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Good luck -- well, tough luck -- as you might end up having the Century Line or the Uke Line if you absolutely want a famous line...

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Good luck -- well, tough luck -- as you might end up having the Century Line or the Uke Line if you absolutely want a famous line...

I don't think the Kraut line would be that hard to assemble if you're willing to overpay for Dumart and Bauer. Same for the Legion of Doom (are they really an all-time famous line?). The S line would be doable, as well. I dunno, as long as he's not going for the Production Line or whatnot and he's willing to maybe overpay a bit (on the assumption that the voters will care about chemistry?), I don't think its impossible.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
1 BM67 - New Jersey Devils
2 Evil Speaker - Boston Bruins
3 Nalyd Psycho & Sturminator - Oakland Seals
4 pitseleh - Nanaimo Clippers
5 Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
6 LapierreSports - Montreal Wanderers
7 EagleBelfour - Detroit Falcons
8 cottonking - Dallas Blackhawks
9 murphy - Edmonton Oilers
10 Evil Sather & kruezer - New York Rangers
11 Hockey Outsider - Montreal Canadiens
12 shawnmullin - Victoria Cougars
13 VanIslander - New York Raiders
14 God Bless Canada & raleh - ?
15 BlueBleeder - ?
16 Wisent - Dubai Mighty Camels
17 pappyline - Guelph Biltmores
18 reckoning - ?
19 vancityluongo & Tricolore#20 - Winnipeg Jets
20 MXD - ?
21 arrbez - ?
22 John Flyers Fan - Flin Flon Bombers

I don't think Frightened Inmate #2, or Spitfire11 have said either way. If they all join with their own teams we would have 24 teams with 5 new GMs wanting the last 4 spots spot.

Provided my solo application is approved, I'd like my team name to be the "Portage la Prairie Plains".

Couldn't find a logo, so my hometown's coat of arms will have to suffice:

port_pr.gif

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Provided my solo application is approved, I'd like my team name to be the "Portage la Prairie Plains"
First priority is vets.
Second priority is newbie co-g.m.'d teams
Third priority is single newbies

but there seems like there might be room for a solo newbie or two. Time will tell..

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
I don't think the Kraut line would be that hard to assemble if you're willing to overpay for Dumart and Bauer. Same for the Legion of Doom (are they really an all-time famous line?). The S line would be doable, as well. I dunno, as long as he's not going for the Production Line or whatnot and he's willing to maybe overpay a bit (on the assumption that the voters will care about chemistry?), I don't think its impossible.

In ATD #7, Raleh got the Punch Line (Richard, Blake, Lach). He used three of his first four picks, but I don't think he took any of them too early. The other one of his first four picks was Sprague Cleghorn. That's great drafting.

In ATD #6, #66 got the Trio Grande and still managed to get Glen Hall. In the same draft, FI#2 re-united the KLM line, and still managed to get Plante and Messier! That's probably the most impressive reunion so far.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Am I correct in assuming that you are (painting with a broad brush) a Russland-Deutscher?

Not quite. My grandma is from the Sudeten from the time when they were Czechoslovakian (all three of her sisters are German), she has (or rather had, they had to give them away when they had to flee) both passports. And her grandmom's name was Doprova. Not sure if she was Russian or from another slavic country. But my granny has been living in Western Gerrmany since 1945. That is as close as I come.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
maybe we can have 2 drafts 16 teams each
or one draft, two conferences, four divisions, eight teams per division

eight teams per division is perfect for playoff match-ups as well

28 teams worked well last time, 32 is doable, especially with several players from the minor league draft worthy of alltime selection

the problem is goaltending: going with 2 per team rather than 3 would be a solution

BM67... a couple of polls might be helpful eh?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

It's possible to draft the Kraut line with overpaying only for Bauer (or Schmidt, if you take him before 40th pick). I drafted Dumart with the 234th pick or so, but gotta remember this guy is a LW, so that's pretty much where he's meant to go. Anybody drafting Dumart with a +300th pick is a friggin' steal, in my opinion, because of position scarcity.

The Grind Line and the GOM (Grumpy Old Man) line would be quite doable, as long as you're willing to sacrifice on the 2nd C and willing to make Kirk Muller play on a 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad