ATD 2021 Draft Thread IV

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yes, but they're not being excluded just because they deviate from the meta, which was my point. I think there's some logic in having the "less interested" parties have weight at that level. Obviously it is somewhat arbitrary, but that can't be avoided at this stage.

First tiebreak - number of games won.

Second tiebreak - find another voter.

Third tiebreak - Opposite Conference votes.

Fourth tiebreak - try harder to find another voter.

Fifth tiebreak - Games won by the opposing conference

Sixth Tiebreak - honestly I'd prefer a coinflip to Three Stars voting, but this is the one to hash out.

This is the procedure we largely agreed to. Issue was on the three stars voting. I'll need to confer with the rosters to make sure I get the conferences right, but I would like to find another voter.

I won't vote because of sanctity of the process, but we need another voter for New Jersey Swamp Devils v. Guelph Platers.

Participation was down this round so I am opening to more votes from qualified voters for 4 hours. I have tagged the previous voters who did not submit ballots this round.

@Dirt 101 @benchbrawl @ImporterExporter @overpass @Habsfan18 @RustyRazor @Voight

I will tally any additional votes I get by 3:28 PM ET and post the final results then.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownPhilly

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
This is the procedure we largely agreed to. Issue was on the three stars voting. I'll need to confer with the rosters to make sure I get the conferences right, but I would like to find another voter.

I won't vote because of sanctity of the process, but we need another voter for New Jersey Swamp Devils v. Guelph Platers.

Participation was down this round so I am opening to more votes from qualified voters for 4 hours.

@Dirt 101 @benchbrawl @ImporterExporter @overpass @Habsfan18 @RustyRazor @Voight

I will tally any additional votes I get by 3:28 PM ET and post the final results then.

BenchBrawl goes by @zffssk now.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks for that.

Edit: Also correct me if I'm wrong but the other series result is final as of the deadline even though voting is open for this one, correct? Would feel inequitable otherwise.

My thought would be if you get multiple votes and it changes the result of the other series then go with that, but if it results in a tie then default to the initial winner as of the deadline, but I don't think this has ever been discussed/agreed. In fact, from my memory when there was an additional vote needed we weren't even informed which series it was for.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
My thought would be if you get multiple votes and it changes the result of the other series then go with that, but if it results in a tie then default to the initial winner as of the deadline, but I don't think this has ever been discussed/agreed. In fact, from my memory when there was an additional vote needed we weren't even informed which series it was for.
We extend the deadlines for tie breaks. Feels odd to have that change the results of series that would otherwise be completed.

The outcome of the tied series shouldn't upset the results from the other.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I apologize for not voting on the other series. Obviously everyone is aware of the ordeal I went through and quite frankly I didn't read much of anything the past 2 weeks here and it wouldn't have been fair to cast a vote without putting the time and effort in.

I'll vote on the finals, provided I'm bounced this round as I expect to be not having taken part.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
We extend the deadlines for tie breaks. Feels odd to have that change the results of series that would otherwise be completed.

The outcome of the tied series shouldn't upset the results from the other.

As I said, in the past when a tiebreak was needed I don't believe we were informed for which series, so I really don't know whether those tiebreak votes that came in were applied to only the one series or to all. Perhaps @Theokritos can shed some light on this.

BTW, I understand what you're saying about the deadline being honored, but there's also an argument for having the same people vote on both series. There are points to both sides, and I'm fine either way, my suggestion would be to go with whatever was done in the past.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I had decided not to vote for this round, and didn't have a chance to read the series. Now that I know the balance of power would be in my hands, it makes it even more unethical. Therefore, I am cancelling my votes.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
As I said, in the past when a tiebreak was needed I don't believe we were informed for which series, so I really don't know whether those tiebreak votes that came in were applied to only the one series or to all. Perhaps @Theokritos can shed some light on this.

I'm struggling to actually remember occasions when a tie-breaking vote was added. The only one I can think of right now was five months ago in a smaller draft where I tried (in vain!) to get a tie-breaking vote from a non-participant, but in my PM to the prospective tie-breaking voter I singled out the series he would be asked to break the tie on. I didn't put the other series up for debate.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I feel like my damn bout with covid completely derailed this entire thing lol. I'm genuinely sorry this seems to have hit a roadblock. I'd much rather have been here doing the normal back and forth than dealing with a damn virus.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
RED FISCHER CONFERENCE FINALS

ORILLIA TERRIERS
defeat Pittsburgh AC in 7 Games.

First Star: Wayne Gretzky
Second Star: Bobby Orr
Third Star: Jacques Plante

JIM COLEMAN CONFERENCE FINALS

GUELPH PLATERS
defeat New Jersey Swamp Devils in 7 Games in a Double OT Thriller!

First Star: Jean Beliveau
Second Star: Alex Ovechkin
Third Star: Ken Dryden

ATD 2021 Finals

Guelph Platers (1) v. Orillia Terriers (2)

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Two veterans playing for their first championship in the Finals. Couldn't happen to better guys than Dreakmur and BraveCanadian. Also, both of them were 2nd seeds in their series.

Shows that it's still possible to win in an upset, if you show up and argue for your team.

Congrats to both IE and TDMM, who once again build top-notch teams who would have been worthy finalists.

Disclaimer: I cancelled my vote for this round.

Reactions: Hawkman

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Seriously insanely close. Great teams all around.

One more round and I'm done with this bookkeeping disaster!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad