At what point does Kucherov gain the respect he deserves?

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
At LTIR pulling the most ridiculous cap circumvention we've ever seen?
Dude i saw you screaming about LTIR of Kuch and Tampa at every post but it is clearly seen that Kuch is slower than himself was pre surgery- he is very slow if you watch him.
But i want speak about
Following your logic Grezky and Olilers collected Ultra team with Jari Kurry and etc. and trashed everyone back then. Sure it was no Cap rule then but Oilers had Oil money and most of the teams just hadnt same amount of money to compete. I guess rival fans realized them as cheaters because of that and would you call Grezky dirty shameless player who racking points at that cheat code team ?
Or would you blame player who wants to finish this season despite the risk of an injury to win an individual award while this will result in injury due to which player will miss the playoffs. The player wants to risk their health just to next contract increasing or etc amuse the vanity, and earn rewards by substituting the team and its chances at the playoffsю
Ask someone to teach you how to think

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
Dude i saw you screaming about LTIR of Kuch and Tampa at every post but it is clearly seen that Kuch is slower than himself was pre surgery- he is very slow if you watch him.
But i want speak about
Following your logic Grezky and Olilers collected Ultra team with Jari Kurry and etc. and trased everyone back then. Sure it was no Cap rule when but Oilers had Oil money and most of the teams just hadnt same amount of money to compete. I guess rival fans realized them as cheaters because of that and would you call Grezky dirty shameless player who racking points at that cheat code team ?
Or would you blame player who wants to finish this season despite the injury to win an individual award while this will result in injury due to which player will miss the playoffs. The player wants to risk their health just to amuse the vanity, and earn rewards by substituting the team and its chances at the playoffsю
Ask someone to teach you how to think
If I ever need a teacher, that certainly won't be you. First of all, your comparison makes no sense at all. Following my logic?

Are you telling me Kurri and Gretzky helped Oilers to gain extra oil money to load their team, and by any chance did they do it by being on LTIR?

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
Is that out of rules? What is point? It is league rules i guess but i dont f***in care
The point is: it is easier to win when you're way over the cap. Even if it is against the rules we've learned from Robidas' Island and Lupul's situation that these things don't actually matter to NHL.

UED

May 2, 2021
The only reason Kucherov isn't the consensus #2 is because he's a winger. But I did notice that he got a bit of disrespect after winning the cup, what with some people calling Point better than him. If they win the cup again I hope he gets the Conn Smythe, he's certainly running away with it so far.

Reactions: User9992

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The fact that you made some stupid assumption that you were called out on and then try to backtrack "ooohhh did you play in the NHL" tells me EVERYTHING i need to know. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul!
Only person I saw coming in hot making stupid assumptions was you, bud, as you seemed to deem yourself qualified to discuss Kucherov's medical state (even though any fan who is more than a casual should be able to tell he has not been moving at anywhere close to 100%)

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Kucherov is smartest player in the league. I think if his name was Nick Kutcher no one would rank Mackinnon higher today.
Well you see there's a little thing amongst NHL followers of "Canadian Center" syndrome, where if a player is a great player that also happens to be Center who is from Canada and they are on teams that happen to win the Stanley Cup and go deep into the postseason they are "winners" and naturally "elevate their teams" into that winning status. They also can never lose that "winner" label even if they eventually go to teams that are not successful. Whereas if a player is say.. a winger or European and they are also a great player that happens to be on teams that win the Stanley Cup and go deep into the postseason, they are a great player that is part of a stacked team and in an ideal situation as opposed to just a born and bred "winner". If they go to a less successful team it means that they are or have become a "non-winning" player and not a player you can "build" around, whatever amorphous concept that means (but the sense being, if Canadian Center = can build around, if not = just another piece on a great team). Important distinction to remember at all times when the talking heads start blabbering.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Oh give me a break, the Lightning own more trophies than the HHOF. He’s been considered a top-5 player for years now.

Also this is a weird question to ask after he just missed literally an entire season.

Reactions: Sigh

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
What disrespect exactly?

He's pretty universally put in the Top 3 in the league when lists are made. Sorry, he's not McDavid.

And yeah, people talk smack about him, but it's his own fault. He has plenty of occasions where he has given out cheap shots because he was frustrated and threw a tantrum

Universally top 3, I’m not so sure that’s been the case. I think he is top 3 but you see a lot of shiny new toy syndrome going on whereby Mackinnon, Draisiatl, Matthews seem to be often ranked ahead of hun.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
If I ever need a teacher, that certainly won't be you. First of all, your comparison makes no sense at all. Following my logic?

Are you telling me Kurri and Gretzky helped Oilers to gain extra oil money to load their team, and by any chance did they do it by being on LTIR?
What does this even mean? Kuch had a groin injury in Game 1 of the Columbus series. Played with it all playoffs and still lead the playoffs in scoring. Watching him play now, he's still hurt and he's still making teams look dumb.

Btw...that's why he didn't know about the hip. He was diagnosed with the groin injury and playing through it through the playoffs took sometime to heal, but that groin injury caused the hip injury or masked the hip injury. That's why he didn't report the hip problem until December.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
My favorite part of this whole cap circumvention thing is people saying he was healthy. I'm all for pointing out he waited till very late to have surgery, and maybe that was in effort to line up his recovery time with a rough estimate of when the season would start but the difference between anyone outside the org saying he was healthy before playoffs and him staying out before the playoffs is the team had to PROVE he was still recovering, there are generally team doctors, league doctors and insurance doctors if his contract is insured involved. If the league wants to crack down and call it circumvention by all means but don't misrepresent the situation crying foul when what you're claiming is LITERALLY impossible due to the checks and balances that were associated with it.

As for the topic, he gets a ton of praise and would've continued had he not missed an entire season. Now that he's back to tearing it up now people are back to praising him.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
So do we count things achieved when your team is 20% over the cap?
If you're still going to try and quote the 98M figure then you aren't qualified to actually have a discussion about the situation.

Our on ice roster is 89M, not 98M. And so the f*** what if it is still over the cap. The front office is part of a team too, sucks for you that your teams front office isn't up to par. The cap was never meant to provide parity anyways

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
He'll gain the respect once he doesn't sit out the entire regular season just so he can shine in the playoffs. That's too Peter Forberg like and one of the big reasons why so many could never stand Peter Forsberg to begin with. Oh, and once he shows he can do this without his laywers manipulating the cap.

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
He already does have the respect he deserves and he's in that tier right below McDavid. Most had him #2 before his injury and rightfully so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad