At what point does Kucherov gain the respect he deserves?

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
His sample size is much bigger and more impressive.
Not to mention going farther in the playoffs generally means harder and harder competition and not as easy to put up points. Mackinnon for example hasn't made it out of the second round.

The sample size for playoffs is a team stat.

Also, going further in the playoffs necessarily means your team has won more than its lost, which means your team has scored more in more games. In games where a team wins, that means the player has more opportunities to score when opposing teams open up and try to tie the game, and more opportunities to score on empty nets.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto

Also, going further in the playoffs necessarily means your team has won more than its lost, which means your team has scored more in more games. In games where a team wins, that means the player has more opportunities to score when opposing teams open up and try to tie the game, and more opportunities to score on empty nets.

If you are truly more impressed with Mackinnon, Rantanen & Draisaitl playoff numbers then by all means... carry on

It's not even close to me.

Reactions: User9992

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin

This line of thinking would eliminate Gretzky's greatness relative to his peers. Or Bobby Orr's, or Lemieux's, or Messier's or Howe's or ...........

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Dude was invisible this season until the playoffs, he's an improved Fernando Pisani.

But seriously, it's pretty clear he's in the 2/3/4 conversation for best in the league. I wouldn't begrudge someone who said he was #2 after McDavid, that's a perfectly reasonable take to me.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He does from the soccer circles... for his dives/headsnaps

Filthy pass (body contort) to Point yesterday. Good patience pass to Palat

League could use more patience and creativity. Kucherov, Suzuki, Stone .... all can execute it

apollo18

Oct 20, 2018
back in 2019, he was basically ranked #2 and people seemed to praise him, then mcdavid and drai started having chemistry and mcdavid pumped drai's numbers up extremely high so in 2020 everyone forgot about kuch. now its 2021. i bet next season kuch will earn the #2 again

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Man, he's destroying the play offs, just imagine what he could do during the regular season:sarcasm:
HE wanted to do a 2015 Kane impression better than Kane. He is already gunning for 30 points in the playoffs. Why not do a better than another former MVP.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Everyone respects his game people are just salty about the CBA’s salary cap rules.

why does everyone have to be compared to McDavid? If someone isn’t McDavid it doesn’t mean they are shit.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
This line of thinking would eliminate Gretzky's greatness relative to his peers. Or Bobby Orr's, or Lemieux's, or Messier's or Howe's or ...........

Gretzky and Lemieux are right where they should be in that regard once you factor out the irrelevant tiny sample size players.

NHL Stats

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Spoken like someone who never had surgery of any kind. Congrats on being fortunate enough to live in such ignorance.
Actually i had two rotator cuff/labrum surgeries from playing hockey and was back to 100% in 5 weeks each time. Then i tore my meniscus in my left knee, had it fixed and was back in 6 weeks. So yea what were you saying?

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Actually i had two rotator cuff/labrum surgeries from playing hockey and was back to 100% in 5 weeks each time. Then i tore my meniscus in my left knee, had it fixed and was back in 6 weeks. So yea what were you saying?

You played in the NHL? Share your name so we can discuss your game instead of wasting time on Kucherov.

Reactions: BMann

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
You played in the NHL? Share your name so we can discuss your game instead of wasting time on Kucherov.
That was not your statement or your feeble attempt at a dig was it? You said "Spoken like someone who never had surgery of any kind" and well you ate crow so now you need to come back and justify the league i was in compared to Kucherov? Nice try!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad