At their Absolute Peak for a Must Win Game, who you Got?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
World cup?
You mean when Sneijder carried the Netherlands to the finals and created two absolutely amazing chances in regular time that Robben should have finished and they would have beat Spain? I do remember that World Cup. It's unfortunately forever burned into my memory.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
You mean when Sneijder carried the Netherlands to the finals and created two absolutely amazing chances in regular time that Robben should have finished and they would have beat Spain? I do remember that World Cup. It's unfortunately forever burned into my memory.

Haha. One I never said Sneijder wasn't good. Two you said Modric never did.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That same final where De Jong should have been red carded early?
Oh come on it was all ball!

B47B3E17-C82E-4EEA-8FE6-A5087A0C6476.jpeg

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That same final where De Jong should have been red carded early?
Genuinely have no idea what this has to do with anything. Damn dude it's like you wake up every day and think 'I need to hate on something to survive'.

Reactions: luiginb

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Hagi was my favourite player, but not sure how you wouldn't go Gascoigne there? I wish I could say Hagi, but I couldn't.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Where was Gascoigne anywhere near to Hagi's world cup in 94?

I would argue many times. Gascogine was an absolute force in a way that Hagi never was. And that is no disrespect to Hagi. That 94 run was sensational and a lovely lovely player on his day.

Gascogine never got the career he should have had. That knee injury and all the issues later. Doesn't mean he wasn't brilliant at his best still. One can only imagine what kind of career he might have had if he had signed for United instead of Spurs.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I would argue many times. Gascogine was an absolute force in a way that Hagi never was. And that is no disrespect to Hagi. That 94 run was sensational and a lovely lovely player on his day.

Gascogine never got the career he should have had. That knee injury and all the issues later. Doesn't mean he wasn't brilliant at his best still. One can only imagine what kind of career he might have had if he had signed for United instead of Spurs.
Glasgow Rangers legend Gascoigne? That one? Against one of the first players to play for both Real and Barcelona? By the way, Hagi's son plays for Rangers and we all consider him a failure back home for only reaching that level.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Glasgow Rangers legend Gascoigne? That one? Against one of the first players to play for both Real and Barcelona? By the way, Hagi's son plays for Rangers and we all consider him a failure back home for only reaching that level.

That just shows you don't know Gascoigne if you think I'm talking about Gascoigne from his time at Rangers.

I'm fine with people preferring Hagi, but if you are talking about peak very few players in football history would match Gascoigne. To me there is no comparison here. Just such a shame Gascoigne first ruined his knee and went "crazy". Doesn't take away how insanely good he was for those last seasons at Newcastle and Spurs.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Genuinely have no idea what this has to do with anything. Damn dude it's like you wake up every day and think 'I need to hate on something to survive'.
Haha why hate?
You made up a dream scenario in which Robben doesn't miss a goal when the real scenario should have seen Holland down a man early.
It's not hate. It's facts.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Besides, it has nothing to do with Sneijder ALMOST winning a WC people.
The Cup just threw itself to Spain's hands too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad