At Practice today... Good News IMO

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Not a bad thing at all to happen.

They should all be enraged with eachother after the pathetic performances over the past few games.

I’m sure Chiarot bumped Raymond a bit too hard for his liking, not a bad thing at all. Need more players to wake up and get their heads out of the gutter if they are wanting to make the post season this year.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Man, if Ben had taken that too far and injured Lucas.... after the game Ben had last night?!?!?!

And conversely, if Lucas had somehow taken Ben out and Simon called up, he would be considered a hero.

I know, bad thinking all around, but this is where we are at right now.

My guess is Lucas told Ben how much he sucks right now and Ben couldn't handle the truth of the moment coming from a younger player.

• Wow
Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
We'll see tomorrow if this was a good thing. It's not necessarily a good thing. Not necessarily a bad thing. It's simply clear frustration boiling over, and I don't blame them. They are highly competitive athletes. Question is where do they go from here?

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I think STL had a similar event happen in 2019 and they went on to win the cup.

Using this knowledge, the only logical next move is to bet my mortgage on the Wings winning the Cup.
Don't we have to fire the coach first like St. Louis did?

Not a bad thing at all to happen.

They should all be enraged with eachother after the pathetic performances over the past few games.

I’m sure Chiarot bumped Raymond a bit too hard for his liking, not a bad thing at all. Need more players to wake up and get their heads out of the gutter if they are wanting to make the post season this year.
Didn't Chiarot injure Raymond in training camp?

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Great news? Seriously?
Very.

The reason this is good is because they should be just as upset as many of us are -- if not moreso -- that our team has gone from beating the Avs and Oilers to losing to the Sabres, and by such a lopsided score.

They need to be pissed, and they need to come out and play a full 60, and play like it matters. They've spent the last six games playing like complete trash. Getting trucked by Colorado is one thing, b ut getting trucked by Buffalo? Shut out by Arizona? Shame.

I don't believe playoffs were ever our goal this year. Yzerman said as much before the season started. But we were *right there* and like an anvil in a river, are quickly sinking. We should be able to look at the standings and see the "x-" next to our team indicating a playoff berth, not a "e-" indicating an elimination.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
This stuff is Usually not a big deal.

But when you are an incredibly soft team during real games and only interested in getting physical against your teammates… it definitely raises some questions.

Reactions: DatsDeking

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Hopefully it carries over to tomorrow and they kick Arizona's ass up and down the ice to get 2 points.

Reactions: 14ari13

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
At least they showed some fight, too bad it was each other.

Honestly this team is such a mess right now. You have to wonder where the leadership is.
I expected more leadership from veterans like Kane, Perron, Compher, Maata. Keep the group together while Larkin is out. Even if Larkin was Steve Yzerman himself in leadership, there's no excuse for nobody else stepping up. You can have some bad games, but getting blown out twice in one week by inferior teams is inexcusable.

This team needs both better leaders and better players.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I expected more leadership from veterans like Kane, Perron, Compher, Maata. Keep the group together while Larkin is out. Even if Larkin was Steve Yzerman himself in leadership, there's no excuse for nobody else stepping up. You can have some bad games, but getting blown out twice in one week by inferior teams is inexcusable.

This team needs both better leaders and better players.
Yea maybe Kane could show a little more leadership, but despite all the shit he gets around here, he is a nice surprise and has held up his end of the bargain. The other guys are known middling quantities. If they were genuine leaders they wouldn't be in Detroit or where they are in the lineup.

I've said it before, but their inability to bang bodies at all really hampers our ability to turn around the momentum in these games. If the pucks aren't bouncing our way Newsy should be able to send a line over the boards that will be flying all over the place and hitting everything in sight. That intensity just doesn't exist in the lineup or apparently in the coaching vocabulary. We just don't have enough for a clean skilled game to rely on it solely.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Funny thing is Chia got his goal last night from a pretty sick pass from Raymond.

I am already convinced that Chia is the idiot here and deserves all the blame and I base that off of no real evidence, I just like Raymond as a player, a lot more.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Gonna be annoying though if the media makes a big deal out of this. Kind of understand why cameras aren't allowed sometimes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad